8%
Not Crap
92%

Total votes : 12

humour: "deadpan" or dry

Postby soup alex on Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:45 pm

I'm thinking particularly of these two irrepressable genii:

Jack "this is my happy face" Dee,

and Jimmy "feedline, punchline, next joke" Carr.

Both, I think you will agree, are experts in their field. This being of course the field of professionally unfunny (if that didn't make you laugh, you have no choice but to vote crap)
soup alex
twain
twain

Postby instant_zen on Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:47 pm

not crap. not for those guys, but for these:

if i got lasik surgery on one eye, i could wear a monacle.
instant_zen
john wyndham
john wyndham

Postby Mayfair on Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:17 pm

Mayfair
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby soup alex on Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:46 pm

Go ahead and rub it in, why don't you!

I actually have no idea who the first guy is. I know very little of Bob Newhart. I think Steve Wright is an exceptionally funny person.

Maybe I should have called this: "arrogant shitheads"
soup alex
twain
twain

Postby instant_zen on Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:57 pm

the first man is Mitch Hedberg. if you've not heard him, you should put forth a tremendous amount of effort to do so. check out "Strategic Grilling Locations."
if i got lasik surgery on one eye, i could wear a monacle.
instant_zen
john wyndham
john wyndham

Postby matthew on Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:02 am

I dislike like dry, deadpan humor with an extreme prejudice. It is snobbish, smartypants, and quite frankly arrogant.

Here I have posted an image of one of the great masters of this reprehensible form of humor within the academic world.....I took a metaphysics class from her. Can you name her? I will personally mail 10 US dollars to the first person who can name her and tell me what she's all about, ry humor notwithstanding.....offer expires 3.31.06

It's probable that someone is either confused or quite dishonest in their characterizations of people based on stereotypes.

-Colonel Panic
matthew
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby connor on Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:32 am

matthew wrote:I dislike like dry, deadpan humor with an extreme prejudice. It is snobbish, smartypants, and quite frankly arrogant.

Here I have posted an image of one of the great masters of this reprehensible form of humor within the academic world.....I took a metaphysics class from her. Can you name her? I will personally mail 10 US dollars to the first person who can name her and tell me what she's all about, ry humor notwithstanding.....offer expires 3.31.06

You took a metaphysics class with Eugene Levy?

No wonder you're fucked.
deep.BTUz wrote:I'm into girls, physical fitness and real estate.

Ya'know actual accomplishments.
connor
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby matthew on Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:48 am

connor wrote:
matthew wrote:I dislike like dry, deadpan humor with an extreme prejudice. It is snobbish, smartypants, and quite frankly arrogant.

You took a metaphysics class with Eugene Levy?

No wonder you're fucked.

When I say "metaphysics", it is not what you are presuming it to be, Mr.-Arlington-Fruitbat-who-flew-to-Noo-Yawk
It's probable that someone is either confused or quite dishonest in their characterizations of people based on stereotypes.

-Colonel Panic
matthew

Postby connor on Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:07 am

matthew wrote:
connor wrote:You took a metaphysics class with Eugene Levy?

No wonder you're fucked.

When I say "metaphysics", it is not what you are presuming it to be, Mr.-Arlington-Fruitbat-who-flew-to-Noo-Yawk

Man, you really had me going there, man-who-assumes-the-internet-identity-of-"matthew." But you gave yourself away here.

Still, I think walter's achievement is far more astounding. But you gave it a good try, man-who-assumes-the-internet-identity-of-"matthew."

Fag.
deep.BTUz wrote:I'm into girls, physical fitness and real estate.

Ya'know actual accomplishments.
connor
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby soup alex on Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:43 am

Oh, come on. Real or not real, Matthew is still as likable as anyone else here. I can see that the regulars are all sick of him, but I could stand to hear more from him.

His opinions are not very much like mine, and that's cool. Also, he voted Crap on these comedians.
soup alex
twain
twain

Postby simmo on Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:16 am

soup alex wrote:Oh, come on. Real or not real, Matthew is still as likable as anyone else here. I can see that the regulars are all sick of him, but I could stand to hear more from him.

His opinions are not very much like mine, and that's cool. Also, he voted Crap on these comedians.

- I had no idea you were a misogynist homophobe catholic fundamentalist right-wing bullshit-propgating cunt, Soup Alex.

Oops. I'd like to retract this cos I read it as "His opinions are very much like mine". I look like an idiot now. Sorry, Soup Alex.
simmo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby soup alex on Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:59 pm

Apology accepted!
soup alex
twain
twain

Postby Get dog costumes on Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:44 pm

Double. Sorry.
Last edited by Get dog costumes on Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get dog costumes
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran

Postby Get dog costumes on Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:45 pm

si-maro wrote:
soup alex wrote:Oh, come on. Real or not real, Matthew is still as likable as anyone else here. I can see that the regulars are all sick of him, but I could stand to hear more from him.

- I had no idea you were a misogynist homophobe catholic fundamentalist right-wing bullshit-propgating cunt, Soup Alex.

Oops. I'd like to retract this cos I read it as "His opinions are very much like mine". I look like an idiot now. Sorry, Soup Alex.

Si-maro's technique here reminds me of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Nintendo/arcade game. The jumpkick, which sent you plummeting down at 45 degrees to the ground with your leg extended, had great utility, but since this was one of those games where a jump sends you way up in the air, you couldn't really jumpkick an enemy who stood right next to you, or you'd go clear over his head. So what you had to do, was to jump away from your opponent, and once you had established lateral distance, reverse the course of your jump in mid air and kick, sending you down at an angle toward the enemy. That's basically what si-maro did here. Salut, si-maro. I laughed when I read your comment.
Get dog costumes
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran

Postby a. james on Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:57 pm

dry humor. that's irony, right?

subtle. what's said is opposite of what's meant.

yeah. it's not funny.

not crap.
Last edited by a. james on Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i love you.
a. james
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Rotten Tanx on Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:45 am

I think you'll find *I'm* Jimmy Carr.
Rotten Tanx
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Return to Crap / Not Crap