Crap / Not Crap

Crapi
50%
Not Crapi
50%

Total votes : 4

term of endearment: "Papa/Papi" (for non blood rel

Postby Hexpane on Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:43 pm

so where I work has a cafe (contracted out) and here in CA unlike my home town of Boston, there is some law that all food service must be staffed w/ 60% hispanics and a handful of chinese who don't talk to them. Fill out the rest w/ a few ex con serial killer looking white people who commute to SF from Reno every day and boom, full service bad food cafe.

Anyhoot one of the quiet tall white ex cons is particularly serial killer looking, as he is not ugly or scary but has this "off" look to him , he is always restocking the ice or some other low level task. Boom, cafe closes at 2pm on the nose.. i was inside already eating my sammich/salad and BAM Dr. Jekyl scary quiet white guy morphs into my frat party... then I overheard one of the nice hispanic cash register ladies refer to him as "Papi"

I've also heard it on tv/movies usually w/ slutty chicks talking to cops before getting abused/ arrested/ molested.

My girlfriend's mom uses it for me when talking to my cat, Im the "Papa"
so I have to vote not crapi
Hexpane
took picture of naked guy

Postby Benny on Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:23 pm

Using 'Papa' 'Papi', 'Mama' and 'Mami' is a bit like saying 'baby' or 'babe' in english, perhaps with more dirty overtones.

i guess. at least that's how it works here.
Benny
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby Jodi S. on Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:29 pm

Some guy called me "Mami" once.
The 5774 Project
I make this music.
I also make pictures. Feel free to look at my records for sale.
Jodi S.
Influential Poster

Location: I am sitting in a room, different from the one you are in.

Postby Marsupialized on Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:40 pm

Just stay away from the 'Ricans, seriously
Nothing but trouble, them people
BBGS
Jap Herron
Beastqueef
Stuff I Write
Mixes I make

zom-zom wrote: I'm here for the fun times.
Marsupialized
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby world of pee on Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:43 pm

outkast w/ masada wrote:mamacita!

papadonna!

(repeat infinitely)

the whole calling each other mommy and daddy sexual thing is a little too creepy freudian for me. i'll probably break down and do it eventually though...
world of pee
back door man
back door man

Postby Boombats on Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:43 pm

It's a cultural thing so I can't thoroughly dis it, but the incestual overtones give me the dry heaves.

CRAP, WF 2 since I can't say I completely understand it
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby world of pee on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:03 pm

Boombats wrote:It's a cultural thing

but check out these non-hispanic phrases:

"he's a cool daddy-o"
"she's a hot mama"
"hey hey mama like the way you move,
gonna make you sweat gonna make you groove"
the mamas and the papas
"hey little girl is your daddy home?
did he go away and leave you all alone?"
"what's your name? chk-aah! who's your daddy? chk-aah!
is he rich like ME?"

etc.
world of pee
back door man
back door man

Postby Benny on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:43 pm

yeah, i dont think that all the million singers that sung "yeah baby" were thinking about BABIES.
Benny

Postby Boombats on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:45 pm

Benny wrote:yeah, i dont think that all the million singers that sung "yeah baby" were thinking about BABIES.

I know that, but the terms in question signify a position of dominance.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Steve V. on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:06 pm

I hate this kind of shit. Hate it a lot.

An ex-girlfriend used to call me "papi" to fuck with me. Weird.
Steve V.
Milfhunter

Re: term of endearment: "Papa/Papi" (for non blood

Postby Derek on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:16 pm

Hexpane wrote:so where I work has a cafe (contracted out) and here in CA unlike my home town of Boston, there is some law that all food service must be staffed w/ 60% hispanics and a handful of chinese who don't talk to them. Fill out the rest w/ a few ex con serial killer looking white people who commute to SF from Reno every day and boom, full service bad food cafe.

Your hometown of Boston has a storied history of breeding racist assholes like yourself, Natty Dread.
Barfff.
Derek
alderman
alderman

Postby Sebastian J. on Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:25 pm

I call my dad and my mum "Papi" or "Pa" or "Mami" or "Ma" all the time
Sebastian J.

Postby dansoderburg on Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:56 pm

dansoderburg
walter cronkite
walter cronkite

Postby Charlie D on Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:57 pm

Derek wrote:
Hexpane wrote:so where I work has a cafe (contracted out) and here in CA unlike my home town of Boston, there is some law that all food service must be staffed w/ 60% hispanics and a handful of chinese who don't talk to them. Fill out the rest w/ a few ex con serial killer looking white people who commute to SF from Reno every day and boom, full service bad food cafe.

Your hometown of Boston has a storied history of breeding racist assholes like yourself, Natty Dread.

How is anything Hexpane wrote even remotely racist? What? Because he pointed out that there was a difference in race among the staff based on an ocular observance? That he's seen a common thread in the statistical diversity of the food service industry that he hasn't seen anywhere else?
Are you from a particularly integrated area? Would you say someone's racist if they noted that a particular eatery in, say, New York or LA was staffed by more black people than white people as opposed to eateries in maybe Tulsa or Santa Fe?
It's racist all of a sudden because he's noted what a particular racial demographic makeup was to help provide a backdrop to the story? Apparently, those of a Germanic descent, or a Polish descent, or a Lithuanian descent are known for their equal usage of phrases like "Papi".
There will always be noted differences in culture. Pointing them out without hinting at alienation, as done in Hexpane's story, is not racist.
Or maybe I should shut up and eat some more potatoes on my break from shelele practice.
Charlie D
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Location: (Temporarily) Loring Park Neighborhood, Central Community, Minneapolis, MN

Postby dansoderburg on Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:19 pm

i don't think using a shillelagh requires much practice...just an arm, an irrational anger, and a quart of whiskey...
dansoderburg
walter cronkite
walter cronkite

Postby geiginni on Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:36 pm

"Papa" Haydn!

What I'm working on learning right now...
Any music you haven't heard before is new music.
Dave//Eksvplot wrote:People are having arguments, about arguing, in a thread designed to mock stupid arguments.
geiginni

Postby Boombats on Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:52 pm

Don't be playa Haydn!
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby stewie on Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:07 am

Papa M
stewie
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Charlie D on Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:21 am

dansoderburg wrote:i don't think using a shillelagh requires much practice...just an arm, an irrational anger, and a quart of whiskey...

Yeah, I was half way to drunk, when I wrote that.
Based on my spelling, according to the urban dictionary:
1. Shelele: A Shelele is an early Italian word meaning "bitch".
Then there's the obvious; that a shillelagh is a club and not a musical instrument. Maybe I should have wrote "bodran". Nevermind me, I get surly at night. Especially with a six day weekend.
Charlie D

Location: (Temporarily) Loring Park Neighborhood, Central Community, Minneapolis, MN

Postby Hexpane on Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:28 pm

Charlie D wrote:
Derek wrote:

How is anything Hexpane wrote even remotely racist? What? Because he pointed out that there was a difference in race among the staff based on an ocular observance? That he's seen a common thread in the statistical diversity of the food service industry that he hasn't seen anywhere else?
Are you from a particularly integrated area? Would you say someone's racist if they noted that a particular eatery in, say, New York or LA was staffed by more black people than white people as opposed to eateries in maybe Tulsa or Santa Fe?
It's racist all of a sudden because he's noted what a particular racial demographic makeup was to help provide a backdrop to the story? Apparently, those of a Germanic descent, or a Polish descent, or a Lithuanian descent are known for their equal usage of phrases like "Papi".
There will always be noted differences in culture. Pointing them out without hinting at alienation, as done in Hexpane's story, is not racist.
Or maybe I should shut up and eat some more potatoes on my break from shelele practice.

Thank you, you said it much better than I could have. That op really needs to pull his wedgie out of his cunt and relax

In boston the food service industry seems a lot more standard - i.e. made up of a mix of races that matches the area. For example when I was a teen i worked at a pizza shop, we were about 80% white 10% black 10% assorted mix, which matched the area the restaurant was located in.

Whereas in this part of CA it seems more slanted - certain races in certain professions. I guess my CA n00b observation, which everyone in CA is like "no duh, of course its a mexican making pizza"

But here is some more "racist" stuff for you, out here there are a lot of Irish moving companies that are 100% staffed w/ Irish!!! FUCKING SHOCKING!!!

OMGZ I had dreads when I was 19, throw me in jail na0!
Hexpane

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap