home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Little details from your day

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Little details from your day

Postby Janeway on Fri May 11, 2018 7:24 am

maybe death himself was flirting with me last night

#edgarallenpoelife
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
User avatar
Janeway
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3809
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: here

Re: Little details from your day

Postby motorbike guy on Fri May 11, 2018 8:21 am

Boombats wrote:Today at work I went into a jail for the first time since my 1998 arrest, this time to run a parenting class for about a dozen inmates of all calibers. Then tonight in my office I had a long and impromptu conversation/steam-blowing session with with a big scary motherfucker who did time for extortion, gambling, racketeering etc. for the mob, and who's working hard at the straight and narrow so he can have partial custody of his kids.
I love my job.


that's you man, helping motherfuckers and making the motherfucking world a better motherfucking place.

love, bro.
Robert Ohlmstead wrote:Our warlike impulses and warlike pride are dangerously coupled with our insufferable vanity, our permanent immaturity, our lives of fear and pleasure.
User avatar
motorbike guy
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4170
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:49 pm
Location: hope well

Re: Little details from your day

Postby dontfeartheringo on Fri May 11, 2018 8:42 am

motorbike guy wrote:
Boombats wrote:Today at work I went into a jail for the first time since my 1998 arrest, this time to run a parenting class for about a dozen inmates of all calibers. Then tonight in my office I had a long and impromptu conversation/steam-blowing session with with a big scary motherfucker who did time for extortion, gambling, racketeering etc. for the mob, and who's working hard at the straight and narrow so he can have partial custody of his kids.
I love my job.


that's you man, helping motherfuckers and making the motherfucking world a better motherfucking place.

love, bro.


+1000
tmidgett wrote:John Bonham has no competition. Literally none.
User avatar
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus
 
Posts: 12079
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: athens, ga

Re: Little details from your day

Postby El Protoolio on Fri May 11, 2018 10:52 am

dontfeartheringo wrote:
motorbike guy wrote:
Boombats wrote:Today at work I went into a jail for the first time since my 1998 arrest, this time to run a parenting class for about a dozen inmates of all calibers. Then tonight in my office I had a long and impromptu conversation/steam-blowing session with with a big scary motherfucker who did time for extortion, gambling, racketeering etc. for the mob, and who's working hard at the straight and narrow so he can have partial custody of his kids.
I love my job.


that's you man, helping motherfuckers and making the motherfucking world a better motherfucking place.

love, bro.


+1000


Right on Bats. Keep up the good work.
User avatar
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9185
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Your Mom

Re: Little details from your day

Postby Boombats on Fri May 11, 2018 1:20 pm

Thanks all, it feels good to be doing this. My own father could probably have benefited from this program, but at least I can maybe help others avoid some of the same mistakes.
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 19854
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: Little details from your day

Postby Pasta on Fri May 11, 2018 2:45 pm

The only "white folk" on my work playlist were Stones (Rolling or ...and The Family). The rest were African Americans, Cajuns, or Okies. Only my chef and I enjoyed it. One of the pizza cooks asked if he could put on some "Indy Rock" album that "just dropped". Every time I said "Not until the pub opens"
Ninety Five Cents? FUCK YOU!!! I'LL SKATE TO THE BEACH.
User avatar
Pasta
Fucking Survivor....Fuck Cancer
 
Posts: 2930
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Doom Town

Re: Little details from your day

Postby Janeway on Fri May 11, 2018 3:08 pm

and congrats to myself for facing death yesterday evening, im sure my flirty near-death experience scared us all from getting back out there but c'est la vie, i'm tough
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
User avatar
Janeway
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3809
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: here

Re: Little details from your day

Postby El Protoolio on Fri May 11, 2018 5:48 pm

Janeway wrote:and congrats to myself for facing death yesterday evening, im sure my flirty near-death experience scared us all from getting back out there but c'est la vie, i'm tough


Of course you are.
User avatar
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9185
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Your Mom

Re: Little details from your day

Postby Maurice on Fri May 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Boombats wrote:Today at work I went into a jail for the first time since my 1998 arrest, this time to run a parenting class for about a dozen inmates of all calibers. Then tonight in my office I had a long and impromptu conversation/steam-blowing session with with a big scary motherfucker who did time for extortion, gambling, racketeering etc. for the mob, and who's working hard at the straight and narrow so he can have partial custody of his kids.
I love my job.

You are the best dude.
music every week | here, too | and here | snwv | other stuff

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I ask you: What the fuck?
User avatar
Maurice
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7835
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:02 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Little details from your day

Postby jimmy spako on Sat May 12, 2018 2:25 am

Lovely, 'Bats.

It's a pleasure and a privilege to have been privy to the way all your lives have developed over all these years.

This remains the best thread.
Isabelle Gall wrote:'Do not go smoothly into that dark night'
User avatar
jimmy spako
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer
 
Posts: 4906
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:49 am
Location: schnitzel circuit

Re: Little details from your day

Postby Antero on Sun May 13, 2018 2:24 pm

That's awesome, Bats!
Is you crazy baby, I gots to grind
Antero
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover
 
Posts: 11143
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 8:54 am
Location: Hustle City, CA

Re: Little details from your day

Postby hayate on Sun May 13, 2018 8:42 pm

Pasta wrote:The only "white folk" on my work playlist were Stones (Rolling or ...and The Family). The rest were African Americans, Cajuns, or Okies.

:smt005

Awesome.
Neofascism will be the ultimate expression of libertarian social liberalism, of the unit which starts in May 68. Its specificity holds in this formula: All is allowed, but nothing is possible. -M.C.
User avatar
hayate
red hodges
red hodges
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:26 pm

Re: Little details from your day

Postby Model Citizen on Tue May 15, 2018 5:07 am

Fantastic 'Bats, I'm chuffed for you. My mum and grandma were both social workers and got a lot out of it.

I just moved house because the owners of our old place that we loved were selling up. We don't like the new place at all and are already looking for somewhere else.

While moving in, we found a big bag of jewellery stashed under a bed, seemed expensive stuff, though I know nothing about jewellery. We gave it to the landlord to track down the rightful owners but it doesn't seem like it belonged to the previous tenant or the house owners, so, knowing my shitty landlord, I wouldn't be surprised if they just sold it and kept the money after making a token effort.
Model Citizen
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
 
Posts: 3529
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:21 am
Location: Immigrant

Re: Little details from your day

Postby hayate on Tue May 15, 2018 11:07 am

The guy I'm working with talks just like kip from that movie napolean dynamite. He wears a bandana, and listens to a bunch of ICP shit. The other day he was syncing the lyrics while we're in a room laquering furniture, in that same whispery lisp voice kip has. He even kind of looks like the dude.. and I had to hide my face a couple of times because I was about to bust a gut. Too much.

My sense and appreciation for the absurd has been momentarily heightened.

Later on I was winding down for bed here at home and ran across an article about flat earthers, saying how we should put them in a reality series where they all go on a hunt for the edge of the earth. I lost my shit when I read that... but then my mom asked me what I was laughing at but I couldn't tell her because she's a fucking FLAT EARTHER TOO, and I don't want to hurt her feelings about it. But holy shit!

My sense and appreciation for the absurd has been permanently cranked.
Neofascism will be the ultimate expression of libertarian social liberalism, of the unit which starts in May 68. Its specificity holds in this formula: All is allowed, but nothing is possible. -M.C.
User avatar
hayate
red hodges
red hodges
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:26 pm

Re: Little details from your day

Postby dontfeartheringo on Wed May 16, 2018 7:32 am

kiddo this morning tells me that she wants a fishtank and starts running down the list of things it needs....

"One of those sharks that says 'No Fishing' and some fishy plants and a little fishy house."

I almost ran off the road it was so cute.

Image
tmidgett wrote:John Bonham has no competition. Literally none.
User avatar
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus
 
Posts: 12079
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: athens, ga

Re: Little details from your day

Postby night_tools on Wed May 16, 2018 2:56 pm

Planned to go through to Glasgow to see Grey Hairs and Savak, ended up changing nappies, soothing a crying baby and eating microwave curry. Such is fatherhood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You're a shit MD and I want my pizza money back.
User avatar
night_tools
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5383
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:32 am
Location: Solar Island

Re: Little details from your day

Postby evanrowe on Wed May 16, 2018 3:12 pm

dontfeartheringo wrote:kiddo this morning tells me that she wants a fishtank and starts running down the list of things it needs....

"One of those sharks that says 'No Fishing' and some fishy plants and a little fishy house."

I almost ran off the road it was so cute.

Image


An appreciation for and deep knowledge of the Shark: No Friend of the Fishing Industry concept will serve a young woman well. Good for her, and nice job, dad.

Little fishy house. Jesus.

Today we took the kiddo to the march in Raleigh. We parked beside the governor's mansion and walked backwards along the route until we met up with the march then hung out under some trees on the sidewalk and clapped and chanted and watched cool marching bands and saw C's teacher and she came over to say hi and another woman gave her some bubbles and we saw lots of other friends and thousands and thousands of people wearing red shirts who love their jobs and are literally asking if they could please do their jobs better, to not have to take other jobs to make enough to live inside, with the right tools, like books from this century and plenty of Elmer's paste and mucilage or whatever those kids use now, probably their phone or their vape pen. And the kid pretty much gets it. It was really great that we saw her teacher there.

There were a lot of people there. Maybe it'll change some minds. If not, I hope they strike the next day.
Ty Webb wrote:The gutters are filled with bullets, blood and bacon. No room for "petrol".


Maple Stave
Today's Forecast
Heather Loves Silkworm!
User avatar
evanrowe
agnes martin
agnes martin
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:11 am
Location: Durham NC

Re: Little details from your day

Postby numberthirty on Wed May 16, 2018 8:35 pm

Got together with my old man to help out on a hardware store run today.

As he was ringing stuff up, a guy walked in with three of those "Curve Out And Upwards" concert tom on this rig with shoulder straps. The "Shoulder" strap rig was metal. The heads of the toms were facing his chin. They were cut off(no bottom hoop) about ten inches out.

Dude just walked in like it was a regular old "Basics" run, and headed down an aisle.

I had to tell myself that we still had stuff to do to stop myself from following the guy around the store to find out more about whatever it was he was up to.
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
User avatar
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 19784
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:28 am

Re: Little details from your day

Postby JohnnyDoglands on Thu May 17, 2018 12:01 am

I just got out of a two month cancer scare. Getting the all clear was a tremendous relief. Now I still have all the symptoms that made them think I had cancer, so I see a lot more tests in my future.
eliya wrote:Did you guys ever hear of GG Allin? He used to shove a mic up his butt!
User avatar
JohnnyDoglands
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir
 
Posts: 1513
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:22 pm
Location: Lincoln, England

Re: Little details from your day

Postby dontfeartheringo on Thu May 17, 2018 10:00 am

numberthirty wrote:Got together with my old man to help out on a hardware store run today.

As he was ringing stuff up, a guy walked in with three of those "Curve Out And Upwards" concert tom on this rig with shoulder straps. The "Shoulder" strap rig was metal. The heads of the toms were facing his chin. They were cut off(no bottom hoop) about ten inches out.

Dude just walked in like it was a regular old "Basics" run, and headed down an aisle.

I had to tell myself that we still had stuff to do to stop myself from following the guy around the store to find out more about whatever it was he was up to.


More than once I have gone into the hardware store with drum parts that needed to be replaced. Dragged a 24" bass drum to Home Depot, once. I don't go there anymore, though, for obvious reasons.
tmidgett wrote:John Bonham has no competition. Literally none.
User avatar
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus
 
Posts: 12079
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: athens, ga

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fedaykin13, Google [Bot], Mason, twelvepoint, yard barf and 18 guests