home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

! ! The Most Disturbing Movie Ever Made ! !

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re:

Postby joime on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:55 am

BadComrade wrote:I for one am looking forward to the Broadway musical.

hahaha
welly well well!
joime
joseph cornell
joseph cornell

Re:

Postby japmn on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:00 pm

Brett Eugene Ralph wrote:This is without a doubt the most disturbing movie I've ever seen:

Boom! I was just about to post the same thing! that is weird. That movie is freakishly crap.
japmn
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Re: ! ! The Most Disturbing Movie Ever Made ! !

Postby caset on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:57 pm

I'll second the vote for "Visitor Q".
My cringing muscles were sore after that one.
caset
the white ho
the white ho

Postby ctrl-s on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:41 pm

caset wrote:I'll second the vote for "Visitor Q".

Oh yeah, Visitor Q. Didn't make it all the way through the DVD in 2005.

I submit A Clockwork Orange. I loved this movie at age 14 and had zero problem with the violence, rape, etc. The older I get, the more I feel it is a deeply, perhaps even scarily fucked-up movie, in ways not intended by Anthony Burgess, the author of the novel.
"I swear to God if you ever turn in a piece of shit like this to me again I will flunk your ass. I shit you not." -- DFW
ctrl-s
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby Meaningful Username on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:06 pm

Earwicker wrote:I personally put it down to the different styles the two films adopt. Irreversible, as horrible as it is, is extremely visceral. As a result you can watch these horrible things and feel physical sensations of excitement, adrenalin etc etc. sensations that cinema cashes in on in order to pull in punters. In other words, on one level you can enjoy it.
Salo on the other hand just presents the horror coldly and dispassionately.

Interesting. I found Irreversible much harder to watch than Salo. I've seen Salo several times, but I do not wish to watch Irreversible ever again. Salo you can watch from an intellectual standpoint, dude is trying to say something. Irreversible is just showing horrible shit, shit that might happen to your girlfriend, making it much worse for me at least. I think it's a great movie, but like I said, I don't want to watch it again.

The Finnish movie Frozen Land is recommended for pursuers of cinematic misery. Not as hardcore as the two mentioned above, but nothing good happens to anyone involved.
Meaningful Username
secretary of state
secretary of state

Postby ctrl-s on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Meaningful Username wrote:Irreversible is just showing horrible shit, shit that might happen to your girlfriend

Or to you. Especially if you are female.
"I swear to God if you ever turn in a piece of shit like this to me again I will flunk your ass. I shit you not." -- DFW
ctrl-s
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby ctrl-s on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:17 pm

zom-zom wrote:No mention of the Human Centipede yet?

I've seen some references. Has anyone seen this? It's on my "Must Avoid" list, but I'm curious to hear about it, as long as I don't have to watch it.
ctrl-s
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby Bill Swansea on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:30 pm

No doubt it's been mentioned already in this thread, but the only part of any film that's made me want to actually vomit was the animal scenes in Cannibal Holocaust. That turtle part man... horrific.
big_dave wrote:Hark at this boy and his "we".

He was Welsh yesterday.

Iesu Grist . NCB .PC .
Bill Swansea
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby Mark Lansing on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:56 pm

Bloodjet wrote:Srpski (aka Serbian Film) wins. To quote a colleague of mine: "it makes Salo look like The Sound of Music."

Everything I see or read about this film makes me hope this doesn't get a proper release here. I don't want to have to defend the right of people to see something like this:

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/se ... nd-trailer

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/03/ ... b/article/

Reality is one thing, but this just seems fucked up for the sake of being fucked up to me (and this comes from someone who thought Salo was a little boring, actually).
"Everything should be kept. I regret everything I’ve ever thrown away." -- Richard Hell
Mark Lansing
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby DanH on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:28 pm

After all the hype about that movie, Salo, I went to the video store and rented it. What a pointless movie. Long boring dumb and pointless. Did those guys do all that because they thought that they were gonn be fucked anyway? I mean, where's the "why?" That is all. I wish I had that 1:45 back. Not appreciated even for direction sake. Crap. Just plain crapola with no artistic merit or anything. A waste of film and time that people have spent talking about this garbage. Not garbage because I'm shocked and all that, but garbage like From Justin to Kelly garbage. Stupid.
DanH
robert rauschenberg
robert rauschenberg

Postby iembalm on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:20 pm

About Srpski,
Mark Lansing wrote:Reality is one thing, but this just seems fucked up for the sake of being fucked up to me (and this comes from someone who thought Salo was a little boring, actually).

and one of the filmmakers said:
“It’s about the monolithic power of leaders who hypnotize you to do things you don’t want to do,” said Spasojevic. “You have to feel the violence to know what it’s about.”

"And if you weren't here, you just don't understand, maaaaannn!"

Yeah, no. I understand that the shit that flies in civil wars, especially when there are ethnic and religious elements, is horrific and can damage entire generations. But is an incredibly graphic depiction of child rape and torture, necrophilia, forced incest and murder actually necessary to demonstrate it artistically? I haven't seen the film, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and guess that they've just run up against their own creative and artistic limitations, rather than assume they chose to do it for the sake of being fucked up,
Last edited by iembalm on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iembalm
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby ctrl-s on Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:49 pm

iembalm wrote:About Srpski [...]

Yeah, no.

^
ctrl-s
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby WoundedFoot on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:05 pm

ctrl-s wrote:
caset wrote:I'll second the vote for "Visitor Q".

Oh yeah, Visitor Q. Didn't make it all the way through the DVD in 2005.

I submit A Clockwork Orange. I loved this movie at age 14 and had zero problem with the violence, rape, etc. The older I get, the more I feel it is a deeply, perhaps even scarily fucked-up movie, in ways not intended by Anthony Burgess, the author of the novel.

It's a rough one. Tried watching it on acid once. Had to shut it off after about 5 minutes. Shit was just too intense.
WoundedFoot

Postby numberthirty on Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:46 am

ctrl-s wrote:

I've seen some references. Has anyone seen this? It's on my "Must Avoid" list, but I'm curious to hear about it, as long as I don't have to watch it.

From the trailer I saw, it doesn't look all that disturbing.
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Matt_Rees on Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:57 am

Irreversible!
Picked this up knowing nothing about it, not recommended watching with your misses if your planning on getting any action... that uncut rape scene, jesus what was I thinking. I don't think we even talked until some point the next day.

Cannibal Holocaust was ok but kind of amusing. Salo is really good and very messed up but just didn't shit me up all that much, could do with watching it again.
Matt_Rees
monsignior
monsignior

Postby Sabol on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:01 pm

Sabol
ubu roi
ubu roi

Postby ctrl-s on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:19 pm

Sabol wrote:this clip

That is very, very disturbing. In fact, "disturbing" isn't the word.

Rest in peace, Neda.

:smt011

However, that was not "entertainment." As terrible as that clip is to watch, I have more of a problem with movies that are conceived and executed specifically and only to fuck with the paying viewer.
ctrl-s
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby Red Square on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:37 am

numberthirty wrote:
ctrl-s wrote:

From the trailer I saw, it doesn't look all that disturbing.

yeah, pretty boring actually...one of those of where the idea is better than the actuality of it...
Aztec Black Box

jimmy two hands wrote:Sexy existential dread
Red Square
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Bernardo on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:30 pm

I just saw In A Glass Cage and ended up finding this thread. It was not one of the most disturbing films I ever saw, btw.

I think, for me at least, merely seeing horrible individuals do horrible things is not necessarily disturbing, as shitty and / or bleak an experience as it may be (I'd place Wolf Creek in that camp). Salo is disturbing, at least in part, because it shows a somehow institutionalized version of cruelty.

I agree with whoever said that Irreversible being such a spectacle makes it less disturbing, btw.

A Serbian Film is just too dumb to be disturbing. You can almost visualize a teenager behind the camera hoping to fuck you up by being SO OVER THE TOP, DUDE. Human Centipede was like that too, only funny.

A film that is really goofy but that has spooked me since I first saw it by chance on TV aeons ago is Society.

The George Hearst character in Deadwood is VERY disturbing to me.
Last edited by Bernardo on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bernardo

Postby zircona1 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:56 pm

I thought Human Centipede was tedious and not incredibly shocking. Didn't bother with the sequels.

Sweet Movie I've seen multiple times, certain images in it just stick with me. It's inspired at least two songs from me.

Martyrs is one of the hardest films I've had to sit through.
- "Whatever happened to that album?"
- "I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall, and it like, shattered."
zircona1
casio
casio

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion