home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

electrical collapse

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

electrical collapse

Postby lunar on Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:55 am

What happened?
Shit, I can only imagine horror when power went out...
lunar
monsignior
monsignior

Postby danmaksym on Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:46 pm

Here in New York it was really fucking hot without air conditioning but, other than that, it was just a big annoyance (one that only lasted a few hours for the majority of the people affected). It wasn't so bad really...
Dan Maksym
Anthropic Audio
danmaksym
homestar
homestar

Postby derd niffer on Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:57 pm

danmaksym wrote:Here in New York it was really fucking hot without air conditioning but, other than that, it was just a big annoyance (one that only lasted a few hours for the majority of the people affected). It wasn't so bad really...
:evil:

Are you f***ing kidding?? Just a big annoyance (only lasted a few hours)?? You do not live here...
derd niffer
streetsweeper
streetsweeper

Postby danmaksym on Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:52 am

I do so! I guess some of us just have a higher tolerance for inconvenience... And, the blackout wasn't uniform- while some areas may have been out for days, other areas had power back up by 10:30pm... The people hardest hit were the ones in the subways or in other more extreme locations... that's only a small percentage of the population...
Dan Maksym
Anthropic Audio
danmaksym
homestar
homestar

Postby SchnappM on Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:47 pm

derd niffer wrote:
danmaksym wrote:Here in New York it was really fucking hot without air conditioning but, other than that, it was just a big annoyance (one that only lasted a few hours for the majority of the people affected). It wasn't so bad really...
:evil:

Are you f***ing kidding?? Just a big annoyance (only lasted a few hours)?? You do not live here...

Courtesy of the Onion:
"Blackout Survivors Tell Stories Of Harrowing Inconvenience"

I live on Long Island and I had a blast during the blackout... I went bicycle riding while there was still light, and when it got dark my friends and I made a fire in my friend's backyard.
SchnappM
pinocchio
pinocchio

Return to General Discussion