home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby Tommy on Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:20 pm

ginger wrote:What's the verdict on this place? Anyone go yet?

I haven't been yet, but a buddy who lives around the corner spat out this review when I suggested it as a possible place for us to get beers/food.

"Super bland pizza in an annoying family-style atmosphere with a pretty terrible beer selection. No."

FWIW, he drinks MACRObrews almost exclusively.
Tommy
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby blackmarket on Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:40 pm

unsaved wrote:
Who supports all these places? The kind of person who wishes he knew relatives in Ireland, but the best he can do is an aunt in Boston. The kind of person who boards a party bus outside a Wrigleyville bar on the morning of Saint Patrick's Day and is passed out naked in a Beverly backyard before noon. It's the kind of person who lives in a city of unlimited and varied drinking establishments, yet always defaults to "Let's go down to Paddy McDump's and get some corned beef nachos."

https://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/fake-irish-bars-pubs-worst/Content?oid=37064095

Comments wrote:What kind of four paragraph "article" is this? No data on how many there are. No interviews with the bar owners. It's like a unfunny, trying to be "edgy" rant comes off as whiny.

blackmarket
"kick a ginger day" victim
"kick a ginger day" victim

Postby jimmy two hands on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:25 pm

unsaved wrote:
Who supports all these places? The kind of person who wishes he knew relatives in Ireland, but the best he can do is an aunt in Boston. The kind of person who boards a party bus outside a Wrigleyville bar on the morning of Saint Patrick's Day and is passed out naked in a Beverly backyard before noon. It's the kind of person who lives in a city of unlimited and varied drinking establishments, yet always defaults to "Let's go down to Paddy McDump's and get some corned beef nachos."

https://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/fake-irish-bars-pubs-worst/Content?oid=37064095

This place was the first thing that came to mind after I read that article.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby P.J. Craven on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:14 pm

Looked at photos of the interior of Nick's Pizza (which just reminded me, nic pizza), and it looks, at least, well, functional.

We're coming up on ten years since Paddy O'Splaine's *kisses finger, taps chest, points to sky*
ty-lot wrote:Sick bro
P.J. Craven
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Previous

Return to General Discussion