home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby ginger on Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:05 pm

I feel pretty good about this one.
User avatar
ginger
mo udall
mo udall
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:10 am
Location: chicago

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby jimmy two hands on Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:17 pm

I love this thread.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
User avatar
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 14248
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:20 pm
Location: Fortress Jimbotron

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby P.J. Craven on Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:35 am

Latest offering from the cursed Paddy O'Splaine's location:

Image
ty-lot wrote:Sick bro
P.J. Craven
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4025
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:55 am
Location: Surfing the Web!

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby dvockins on Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:29 pm

dvockins
bobby seale
bobby seale
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:32 pm
Location: NYC

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby geiginni on Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:28 pm

Part of the curse of that corner seems to be not a "somebody strangled an indian chief to death and pissed on his corpse in this very spot" kind of curse, but rather a curse of thinking that something that would go over successfully in Crystal Lake or Elburn would go over as well in Lincoln Square.
User avatar
geiginni
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5122
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:33 pm
Location: Mediating the Strong Force

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby P.J. Craven on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:57 am

dvockins wrote:Jesus Christ

http://www.nicksuniversity.com/


Here's his Ted talk at TEDxNAPERVILLE:

phpBB [media]
ty-lot wrote:Sick bro
P.J. Craven
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4025
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:55 am
Location: Surfing the Web!

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby ginger on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:27 am

The Cult of Pizza
User avatar
ginger
mo udall
mo udall
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:10 am
Location: chicago

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby jimmy two hands on Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:08 pm

P.J. Craven wrote:Latest offering from the cursed Paddy O'Splaine's location:

Image


Well, at least it wasn't accidental
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
User avatar
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 14248
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:20 pm
Location: Fortress Jimbotron

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby jimmy two hands on Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:13 pm

They misspelled "pizza on porpoise".

Image
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
User avatar
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 14248
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:20 pm
Location: Fortress Jimbotron

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby Tommy on Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:19 am

Image

The purpose seems potentially creepy.'

My money is on this one failing before it even opens.
User avatar
Tommy
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:30 pm
Location: Logan Square, Chicago, IL

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby Hiwatt on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:10 pm

I hope they plan on having a great bar in there. That's what's gonna keep them open, loud anything.
I <3 meat hod.
User avatar
Hiwatt
has seen it all
has seen it all
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:21 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby Hiwatt on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:10 pm

*if anything.
I <3 meat hod.
User avatar
Hiwatt
has seen it all
has seen it all
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:21 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby P.J. Craven on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:49 pm

So since July or August, the new restaurant has tried to excise the demons of Paddy O'Splaine's with a total overhaul of the building's facade:

Image

But they seem to have retained some of Paddy O'Splaine's more tragic elements, including a return of the huge fish tank? But now multiple fish tanks?

FSR Magazine wrote:...he designed the space to emulate the industrial warehouse aesthetic of the original building and neighboring buildings of Lincoln Square when they were first constructed. Guests will also find the signature details they’ve grown to love at Nick’s Pizza & Pub including unlimited complimentary peanuts and the ability to throw the shells on the floor, peanut tables, heavy doors, a spacious fireplace, fish tanks filled with a colorful assortment of fish, and vintage phone booths.


Link to Neo-Paddy O'Splaine's Preview

Anyway, I guess it's open now. Would love to hear or see what they've done to the place.
ty-lot wrote:Sick bro
P.J. Craven
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4025
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:55 am
Location: Surfing the Web!

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby ginger on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:32 pm

It's like Uncle Moe's Family Feedbag all over again!
User avatar
ginger
mo udall
mo udall
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:10 am
Location: chicago

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby blackmarket on Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:43 pm

What the fuck is with this trend of restaurants wanting patrons to throw peanut shells on the floor like goddamn animals, to be stepped on, crushed, and later brought home with me. Why is this a POSITIVE?

CUNTS.
User avatar
blackmarket
tired of birds
tired of birds
 
Posts: 1129
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:14 pm

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby djimbe on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:38 pm

blackmarket wrote:What the fuck is with this trend of restaurants wanting patrons to throw peanut shells on the floor like goddamn animals, to be stepped on, crushed, and later brought home with me. Why is this a POSITIVE?

CUNTS.


Shit's been going on like this since at least 1975 when I was 11 and specifically asked to go to whatevertherfuck place "tavern" or "bar and grill" in the Chicago suburbs that allowed this sort of wanton behavior. Whee, I'm a kid! I get to toss my refuse wherever and THEY DON'T CARE!

Trend? Fuck. I'm 53 fer fuck's sake. No trend lasts this long.

Cunts indeed.
djimbe
freelance sperm donor
freelance sperm donor
 
Posts: 1415
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 4:34 pm
Location: chicago

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby jimmy two hands on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:36 pm

djimbe wrote:
blackmarket wrote:What the fuck is with this trend of restaurants wanting patrons to throw peanut shells on the floor like goddamn animals, to be stepped on, crushed, and later brought home with me. Why is this a POSITIVE?

CUNTS.


Shit's been going on like this since at least 1975 when I was 11 and specifically asked to go to whatevertherfuck place "tavern" or "bar and grill" in the Chicago suburbs that allowed this sort of wanton behavior. Whee, I'm a kid! I get to toss my refuse wherever and THEY DON'T CARE!

Trend? Fuck. I'm 53 fer fuck's sake. No trend lasts this long.

Cunts indeed.


I'mma open a bullshit eatery that totally ups the game here, we'll let you throw fuckin' circus peanuts on the floor. Not the shell but the whole thing because those are gross no one wants to eat them.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
User avatar
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 14248
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:20 pm
Location: Fortress Jimbotron

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby djimbe on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:51 pm

jimmy two hands wrote:I'mma open a bullshit eatery that totally ups the game here, we'll let you throw fuckin' circus peanuts on the floor. Not the shell but the whole thing because those are gross no one wants to eat them.


please don't do this because I will have to visit because my wife LOVES circus peanuts. She is normal in all other respects, I promise. I fail to see the desire of the circus peanut though and try not to egg her on...
djimbe
freelance sperm donor
freelance sperm donor
 
Posts: 1415
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 4:34 pm
Location: chicago

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby ginger on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:47 pm

What's the verdict on this place? Anyone go yet?
User avatar
ginger
mo udall
mo udall
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:10 am
Location: chicago

Re: R.I.P.: Paddy O'Splaine's

Postby unsaved on Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:18 pm

Who supports all these places? The kind of person who wishes he knew relatives in Ireland, but the best he can do is an aunt in Boston. The kind of person who boards a party bus outside a Wrigleyville bar on the morning of Saint Patrick's Day and is passed out naked in a Beverly backyard before noon. It's the kind of person who lives in a city of unlimited and varied drinking establishments, yet always defaults to "Let's go down to Paddy McDump's and get some corned beef nachos."


https://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/fake-irish-bars-pubs-worst/Content?oid=37064095
User avatar
unsaved
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:09 pm
Location: ORD CFD EMS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests