home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Dominican Republic travel tips

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Dominican Republic travel tips

Postby vockins on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:29 pm

It appears to be travel tip week, so make it plain for me regarding DR. I'd like to avoid "all-inclusive."
vockins
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby syntaxfree07 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:16 pm

Coffee is so good.

My mother and I went to Mexico on an "all-inclusive" trip after I graduated. It's really worth it. You can do whatever you want during the day. You will save a lot of money. The problem that most people make with "all-inclusive" is doing the planned tourist shit during the daytime. We were even in Cozumel and managed to avoid almost all of that shit.

So don't completely rule it out. You can save a good bit of money. You just have to stay with a bunch of neckbeard jokers.
boombats wrote:Zumba Sally and iPad Phil are crying into their lattes, and I don't give a shit.
syntaxfree07
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby Camaro on Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:13 pm

We're going to Punta Cana, DR in June, so I'd love to hear input as well.

I'll second that all-inclusive is a great way to travel. We did our first AI trip last summer and had a blast. I did research before we went, found the best activities available and still did those. The people at apple vacations recommended similar tequila tours and canopy tours, but when we said "actually we'd like to do this, this and this, they gladly booked those activities for us.

What I love most about all inclusive is the budget. I have my whole trip booked and paid for. airfare, lodging, food, booze. I can eat and drink whatever I want whenever I want and I already know that I have not overspent on this trip. I've taken a few vacations and budgeted poorly for them, leaving me 3 days from home having overspent what I planned to. I don't need this kind of stress on vacation. There's something very freeing about going somewhere beautiful and not having to think about money at all. Go to dinner, order whatever you want and the bill never comes. That's a great feeling.

And really it's not that expensive. You can easily spend way more by not going A-I. I recommend picking the best all inclusive at your destination: something that gets good ratings from apple vacatations (5 golden apples--you are not meant to suffer regular red apples) or Fodor's. These places not only have good to great food, and more space per person. Also, the extra cost keeps families away. We're getting 8 days at about $150 a day. Remember, that's including airfare, hotel, food and booze. I can quickly spend that much on any one of those in one day on vacation.

Holy shit, I'm really excited about going on vacation now!
Camaro
took picture of naked guy
took picture of naked guy

Re: Dominican Republic travel tips

Postby mrcancelled on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:44 pm

My fiancée just won us a three night trip to Punta Cana, at an all-inclusive resort.

I haven't done much research yet. We're not really beach people, but they look beautiful there so we'll definitely spend some time swimming and stuff. Also I don't drink, which a lot of the activities at the resort seems to revolve around. All ears if anyone has any recommendations.
mrcancelled
linus torvalds
linus torvalds

Return to General Discussion