home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Biggest jerk in rock music?

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Biggest jerk in rock music?

Postby Yngwie Einstein on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:16 pm

c'mon, Andrew Falkous is at least funny. There's nothing funny about the Nuge. That guy is a crusty turd clinging on the asshairs of rock. Even if you disregard his right wing lunacy – which no one should. He was still in the Damn Yankees.
Yngwie Einstein
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby Redline on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:42 pm

He also played a Zebra Paul Reed Smith....That's even worse...
Redline
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby mrcancelled on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:59 pm

I don't know a whole lot about Andrew Falkous but he seemed like a thoughtful and polite guy in the lengthy interview I listened to with him, for what it's worth.

Have a lot of folks had encounters with him being a dick before?
mrcancelled
walter cronkite
walter cronkite

Postby Madman Munt on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:45 pm

Redline wrote:He also played a Zebra Paul Reed Smith....That's even worse...

I'd get one with a Friesian cow paint-job.
Madman Munt
moms mabley
moms mabley

Postby J. Burns on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:36 pm

mrcancelled wrote:I don't know a whole lot about Andrew Falkous but he seemed like a thoughtful and polite guy in the lengthy interview I listened to with him, for what it's worth.

He lurks the forum from time to time and gave someone an earful via PM because they said the new FoTL single sounded like Korn.

I think that's kinda wack, but as far my asshole list, that doesn't even cross the top 1000. I mean, he's not a child rapist or a KKK sympathizer.
mrcancelled wrote:Calm down, The Melvins. Don't try and be a hero.

POLICE TEETH: Gone fishin'. Be back soon!
SEMINARS: "Pricks Die Young" full-length out now
J. Burns
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby brephophagist on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:47 am

Yngwie Einstein wrote:There's nothing funny about the Nuge.

Just want to remind everyone that PRF-approved language here is "Ted Nugent, known pedophile and sex offender".

Carry on.
brephophagist
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight

Postby 154 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:10 am

J. Burns wrote:
mrcancelled wrote:I don't know a whole lot about Andrew Falkous but he seemed like a thoughtful and polite guy in the lengthy interview I listened to with him, for what it's worth.

He lurks the forum from time to time and gave someone an earful via PM because they said the new FoTL single sounded like Korn.

I think that's kinda wack, but as far my asshole list, that doesn't even cross the top 1000. I mean, he's not a child rapist or a KKK sympathizer.

That's funny, because I remember that song and you're kind of asking for it if you play a taco riff in drop A or whatever..

But I've heard him on some podcasts and he ultimately seems like a funny guy with your typical rock band war stories. Also there were tons of dickish comments about that band initially so I don't blame him for snapping back a bit.
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby steve on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:14 am

Whenever I mention serial child-rapist Ted Nugent, I like to make sure I use the full honorific serial child-rapist Ted Nugent, because I want it to become a standard. I want all search engines to auto-complete the letter "s" to "serial child-rapist Ted Nugent." I want all references to serial child-rapist Ted Nugent to use precisely that language. I never want anyone to forget that the racist, sexist, chickenhawk egomaniac, serial child-rapist Ted Nugent has raped a lot of children. He brags about it.

He's literally the worst. Jerk isn't nearly insulting enough.

Falco from FOTL is a fine fellow. He is rude in a funny way toward people who have it coming. Not a jerk by any stretch.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electricalaudio dot com
Quicumque quattuor feles possidet insanus est.
steve
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby 154 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:48 am

Ian MacKaye is still a bit of a Nuge apologist. I realize there weren't many straight edge '70s rock icons but come the fuck on..

Postby SkronkFronkerdale on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Serial child rapist Ted Nugent is a total piece of shit and I can't see a single redeemable quality about him, and I'm the kind of person that can usually find something, or at least tries to empathize with people even when they don't deserve it. Can't even do that with Ted. Fuck him. But to the best of my knowledge, all known cases of his incessant child raping qualify as statutory rape(at least, I'd think it would've come up in my google search if there were additionally heinous aspects involved), in that he frequently had sex with girls in their young teens. I don't mean this in any way that should threaten anyone, I'm merely asking:

What differentiates what serial child rapist Ted Nugent did from case after case of rock stars collectively admired on this forum and, at least musically, by myself as well? I brought this up once before and it made some people really upset, and I really don't want to do that here, nor bring forth any kind of flurry of back and forth hostility and negativity between anyone. I hate being responsible for that, unless maybe its someone that has proven themselves to be not worthy of respect or basic decency. Nobody on this forum has shown any serious reasons for me to think and assume such a thing, at least, in my limited time here(though I, like most human beings, can be guilty of showing a lack of respect and decency at times). I'm merely asking, without any hostile pretenses that might be inferred.

Is it that the other dudes, unlike serial child rapist Ted Nugent, have many likable aspects to them as well, along with their often outstanding music that has meant so much to us? Or did serial child rapist Ted Nugent do something even more sinister than statutory rape with girls who were often far too young for him? Which is rather sinister on its own of course! I didn't find anything that way by googling. Are there nuances to each individual case that warrant a different treatment of the situation, even if the crime is the same? If so, what are they? It's just that, if we make exceptions for some people because we like them, perhaps admire them even, than aren't we too guilty of the same things we hate about the side that traffics in profits-over-people and overwhelming neglect of any decent humanity, the side that changes its standards for behavior based on whom the perpetrator is, and whether there is something to gain or lose from acknowledging or not acknowledging it? I'm not being ironic or passive-aggressive when I say I'm probably missing something. I usually am! I would like to know peoples thoughts, because the lot of you are really wonderful and smart, and passionate about the same injustices in the world that I am. I really really appreciate that. Its rare to find and means a lot to me. The despair from living in such a sick world can be very lonely and isolating.

That's all I wanted to say and will leave it at that, unless something I said here is misconstrued badly enough that I feel the need to respond and make myself clear. Feel free to completely ignore this post too, and I'm not going to jump to any negative conclusions of any kind if people do.
SkronkFronkerdale
pigmeat markham
pigmeat markham

Postby Redline on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:09 pm

Gary Glitter
Redline

Postby Madman Munt on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:40 pm

SkronkFronkerdale wrote: What differentiates what serial child rapist Ted Nugent did from case after case of rock stars collectively admired on this forum and, at least musically, by myself as well?

Fucked if I know. It's a Double Standard Live Gonzo!
Madman Munt
moms mabley
moms mabley

Postby Redline on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:07 pm

^ HOF
Redline

Postby steve on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:09 pm

SkronkFronkerdale wrote: What differentiates what serial child rapist Ted Nugent did from case after case of rock stars collectively admired on this forum and, at least musically, by myself as well?

Serial child-rapist Ted Nugent has insinuated himself into the greater political and cultural conversation, where his asshole stripes shine brightly. That's the difference.

If serial child-rapist Ted Nugent had not said and done awful things, had he not made a public person of himself in that arena, he would probably be thought of purely in terms of his music, his work ethic, his draft-dodging, etc with the child raping as a chapter heading.

But if he fronts, serial child-rapist Ted Nugent invites my hatred on many levels, not just his boorishly stupid music.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electricalaudio dot com
Quicumque quattuor feles possidet insanus est.
steve
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby SkronkFronkerdale on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:35 pm

Yeah, that is a really good point. You're right, I guess that basically is the difference in this regard. Once in the political sphere, it pretty much becomes necessary to remind the world at large who we are dealing with, especially when that person has such a complete disregard for truth, justice, and the most basic human decency within the influence of said political sphere. And in this case we are dealing with serial child-rapist, Ted Nugent.

And yeah, there is nothing redeeming about serial child-rapist Ted Nugent's music either. But it shouldn't be surprising to anyone that such a stupid man with apparently no self-awareness or soul to speak of would make such stupid, soulless, rockstar-as-caricature music.
SkronkFronkerdale
pigmeat markham
pigmeat markham

Postby Redline on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:02 pm

Michael Jackson
Redline

Postby Sid Hartha on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Redline wrote:Michael Jackson

Very much like Ted, but without the right-wing chickenhawk feature. Also, MJ was kind to animals.

And he made some great records.
Sid Hartha
took picture of naked guy
took picture of naked guy

Postby Anthony Flack on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:32 pm

Show me the Michael Jackson song where Michael sings about the joy of raping children, as serial child-rapist Ted Nugent does on Jailbait.
Anthony Flack

Postby Redline on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Anthony Flack wrote:Show me the Michael Jackson song where Michael sings about the joy of raping children, as serial child-rapist Ted Nugent does on Jailbait.

I don't think there is a song like that in the Michael Jackson canon. You got me there, Anthony Flack.
Redline

Postby Anthony Flack on Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:13 pm

You know, when it's right out there in plain sight like that... when THAT's the tip of the iceberg, makes me think the rest of the iceberg must be of Jimmy Saville proportions.
Anthony Flack

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion