home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

What Are You Thinking Right This Second?

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: What Are You Thinking Right This Second?

Postby Janeway on Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:51 pm

haha i love every time i go to church its always a blast, this time they had a bake sale going and actually had gluten free stuff and im like "wow for me too!" haha church is becoming more acceping although the body of christ is still not gluten free and i have to stand there like a heathen being like "no i cant, i really cant, im allergic"...haha which is really no big deal i jsut chill with the senior crowd singing the wrong songs too loudly cause apparently they changed some of the words and songs like, its catholic mass its been the same for hundreds of years in my tiny ton and then boom 5 years ago they came through and made new lyrics?

idk but seriously they added the word constubable....

"consubstatntial"

i was like "we believe in .." and everybody chants out this "consubstatnial" and im like are these folks kidding me right now? it means essence of three, like father son and holy spirit and thats cool i guess but you cant force poeple to use that word

but it was so great, after seeing 1 1/3 star wars's and talking to my step dad about it alot lately i couldnt resist and alsoing with you shaking his hand like " mya the force be with you" and he laughed so much in church it was worth it and my mom said "no its peace, dont say that other thing" and i was like "okay"

and now i got a beef sammich and now im watching bears take the packers.
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby Janeway on Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:54 pm

total_douche wrote:What was the deal with 90s and early 00s rock singers and superfluous "h's" and "r's"? Like, they couldn't just say "yeah," it always came out "hyurr!" And it's not like "yeah" wasn't the predominant general-purpose filler lyric of the 90s.

the dirty south came up and infiltrated music, errthang over thurr sounds like this righcheaahh
Janeway

Postby Redline on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:27 pm

Punk ass Bears. Ha!
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby total_douche on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:31 pm

That brings up another thing that bugs me. I live right in the middle of Yasuredonchaknowyoubetchaland, and you can't go into a Wal-Mart without running across a bazillion people who talk like they just came up from the middle of Kansas. At some level, you know they have to be faking it, just like the country stars do. You were born in the middle of Minnesota, you lived in Minnesota your whole god damned life, stop trying to sound like Larry the fucking Cable Guy.
total_douche
meatball enthusiast
meatball enthusiast

Postby kokorodoko on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:14 pm

Max Stirner totally looks like Beavis.

Janeway wrote:those cat-food-for-lunch-deserving motherfuckers 8)
kokorodoko
jose raul capablanca
jose raul capablanca

Postby numberthirty on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:41 pm

How in the Hell did Lindsay wind up being the conscience of You're The Worst?
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby goatlord on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:58 am

Tomorrow I have my first concert in... 10 years? Or so?

Just me, distortion, an octave pedal and my bass. No drums, solo. I'm a fucking train wreck of nerves. The "songs" are kind of ready, and there is some space for riff improvisation to keep things lively (I guess). Don't know how the pedal is going to work at the end, right now it sounds like fucking ass. I'm not a very hardware-oriented musician, and I'm going to pay with blood for my mistakes.

Wish me luck.
YES YES YES YES RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD When in doubt, treat it as a record. Call your Records - Horse_ebooks
goatlord
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby total_douche on Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:53 pm

I just realized that the UKs biggest prison is the size of the Dakota County jail. And that is very sobering.
total_douche
meatball enthusiast
meatball enthusiast

Postby Pasta on Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Very sick of humanity as a whole. Really don't want to be this nihilistic. Bordering on just shutting down. Think it's time to do the dishes.
Ninety Five Cents? FUCK YOU!!! I'LL SKATE TO THE BEACH.
Pasta
Fucking Survivor....Fuck Cancer

Postby Redline on Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:19 pm

This must be a record for how many times a Marshall JTM100 Super Amp with KT66 output tubes has been on tv...
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Defender on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:49 pm

goatlord wrote:Tomorrow I have my first concert in... 10 years? Or so?

dude, this sounds fucking cool. wish i could be there. do not sweat it, you're doing something awesome!! best of luck

edit: just reallized it was yesterday! (im high) how did it go?
"a little red wine, vintage record, some Ambien ... and magic!"
- elon musk
Defender
second class
second class

Postby Me Again on Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:09 pm

I don't hate my life enough at this point to get along with some people. Some people just want to see the flaws in absolutely everything and all of the goodwill in the world won't make them budge from their worldview. If you don't submit to their negativity, your contentment (when you can manage it) is viewed as phony and insincere. Or maybe not "intense" enough.

But on the other hand, there are people who are a little too simpleminded and unquestioning of what "happiness" means, and their kind of joy sucks the air out of the room. They never seem to see the emptiness in anything, they never seem to catch themselves feeling like they're going through the motions. "It's all good," I guess. Life is a never-ending parade.

Neither position is satisfactory. I would prefer to see the silliness of life, the cyclical nature of my reality, the futility of all of these grandiose visions, but not let it keep me from doing things that feel like they're worth doing, even if they yield very small rewards.
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
robert rauschenberg
robert rauschenberg

Postby kokorodoko on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:15 am

Well, don't those things cancel each other out? As in you can enjoy things when you do them and are not thinking about them too much, but as soon as you start to go "meh, what's the real point?" it's hard to feel satisfied about anything, because there doesn't seem to be a real point.
kokorodoko
jose raul capablanca
jose raul capablanca

Postby Me Again on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:37 am

Ideally I like to be in some kind of "in between" state, wherein I don't fully buy into what we call "life" or "reality" but I'm not crippled by the emptiness (or apparent emptiness) behind things, or the ease with which perceptions can be manipulated. Certainly a look at the political climate, for one, is enough to make even the most sensible person think there's some kind of cosmic joke at play, and we're all the butt of it in so far as we let it shape our personal narratives. A lot of things are like that. But I digress.
Me Again
robert rauschenberg
robert rauschenberg

Postby Pasta on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:23 pm

Me Again wrote:Ideally I like to be in some kind of "in between" state, wherein I don't fully buy into what we call "life" or "reality" but I'm not crippled by the emptiness (or apparent emptiness) behind things, or the ease with which perceptions can be manipulated. Certainly a look at the political climate, for one, is enough to make even the most sensible person think there's some kind of cosmic joke at play, and we're all the butt of it in so far as we let it shape our personal narratives. A lot of things are like that. But I digress.

This makes perdect sense to me. Extremely frustrated by the lack of curiosity and empathy I see amongsr my younger coworkers. Actually pretty sad about it. Not depressed, just sad. When did antiintellectualism become so applauded.

One kid at the pub got fired the other day for blasting an anti-Semitic rap song, at a jewish coworker he had been very combative with. Yeah, she's a wack job, but , he still doesn't think he did anything wrong. I don't get it. Tired of it. Sad. Just sad.
Ninety Five Cents? FUCK YOU!!! I'LL SKATE TO THE BEACH.
Pasta
Fucking Survivor....Fuck Cancer

Postby Me Again on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:05 pm

To paraphrase Dave Chapelle's assessment of racism in The South, anti-intellectualism in America is....c'est magnifique!

If that's what you want, we've sure got it. If it's not what you want, you're still gonna have to deal with it anyway....unless you live in a bubble.
Me Again
robert rauschenberg
robert rauschenberg

Postby total_douche on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:07 pm

Annotated bibliographies are training wheels for people who can't write.
total_douche
meatball enthusiast
meatball enthusiast

Postby kokorodoko on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:16 am

some guy who couldn't bother with punctuation wrote:What is your opinion of the American Revolutionary War my opinion is that while many Americans think that the American Colonists and George Washington were heroes for fighting a war against the British but in my opinion the American Revolutionary War when it was won America just took the American Indian's or the Native American's land they became an empire which they themselves fought the British empire they became an American empire in my opinion it is no different from the Boer War in South Africa the White South African Colonists got their Independence than started to oppress the Black South Africans the Zionists in Palestine got their Independence from the British and started to oppress the Palestinians what do you think ?

Why do people write like this? What does it sound like in their heads? I just can't fathom it.
kokorodoko
jose raul capablanca
jose raul capablanca

Postby AdamN on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:25 pm

AdamN
mo udall
mo udall

Postby Janeway on Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:35 pm

okay, im not gonna get my hopes up.. again haha but i think theyre bringing the punisher back tot he big screen (small screen?) and idk, it kinda looks like they did it right haha all that marvel bs and they always have to get through all the popular heros before finally turning attention to the punisher which has been nice, silver surfer has thank god never even been touched by hollywood idiocy haha

but idk, i saw the dolph lundgren thing and that got me through high school so, if theyre really bringin the punisher back, holy cow

my hopes are totally up. dont fuck it up netflix, okay?
Janeway

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion