Corrupted

CRAP
9%
NOT CRAP
91%

Total votes : 11

Band: Corrupted

Postby Magenta on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:10 pm

A search only brings up the band peppered throughout other threads, and these guys deserve their own for sure.

Japanese metal with the vocals in Spanish. Haven't heard it all, but man oh man what I have I LOVE. Really heavy, really slow and really fantastic.

Not crap!

EDIT: I can't use the internet obviously, can this be moved to C/NC?
Magenta
mickey cochrane
mickey cochrane

Postby Evin Relocation on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:55 am

Like their records.

However I saw them live when I lived in J-land and while impressed with the musical thrust of the band I gotta admit they were sorta boring. No real payoff and not particularly exciting to watch. Homedude was a dick at the merch table too.

Their touring the states, or at least they're playing Berkeley next week.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/eve/863918497.html
Evin Relocation
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby gjhardwick on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:31 am

the stuff i've heard sounds awesome
gjhardwick
names vacuums with eyes closed
names vacuums with eyes closed

Postby Justin Foley on Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:33 pm

I think Paso Inferior is one of ten essential albums I own. For a while, I was infatuated with their most recent one ... uh ... El Mundo Firo, but the vox are mixed too high.

Their other stuff is very good and their band idea is executed incredibly well. To wit:

Corrupted wrote:We've never done an any interview and we don't let professional photographers take our picture.
This is our policy,more an attitude,that we'd like to keep.
Our expression of being CORRUPTED is in the sound,lyrics and artwork of our records.

Of course we always appreciate the people who buy our records,see us play and support us along
with the fanzines,labels,distributors and event planners.

We do not reject all media or bash writers who express themselves through articles or revivews.
All are free and it's only through our personnal expression of using the media that we exclude interview.

But Paso Inferior is a masterpiece. I almost seems like it's not worth it for bands to keep trying to make that kind of record - the 40+ minute long, 1 song doom dirge. That record has been made and no one else needs to make another.

= Justin
Justin Foley
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby WoundedFoot on Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:40 pm

Corrupted is cool. Super slow and scary sludge. I'm a fan.
WoundedFoot
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Re:

Postby raygun on Wed May 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Justin from Queens wrote:But Paso Inferior is a masterpiece. I almost seems like it's not worth it for bands to keep trying to make that kind of record - the 40+ minute long, 1 song doom dirge. That record has been made and no one else needs to make another.

In all seriousness, it sounds to me like the guy is reading the first hundred numbers from his local phonebook.

NIIIIINE! ONE! THREEEE! THREEE! ...

It's striking. Like Cookie Monster and Count Von Count got their scripts mixed up.
I Dream of Lars Ulrich Being Thrown Through the Bus Window Instead of My Mystikal Master Kliff Burton
raygun
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran

Re: Band: Corrupted

Postby MF on Wed May 26, 2010 6:15 pm

That's awesome Mr. Food. Every now and then I have a student that is impressed that I interviewed Jeff Hanneman from Slayer and shit like that. Mostly they don't have the passion though. But every now and then...
MF
chapman stick
chapman stick

Postby Tommy Alpha on Wed May 26, 2010 6:22 pm

MrFood wrote:At the college where I work, there's this kid, Dan who's a second year art student. He's great. Really really enthusiastic and totally weird in a cool way. Super talented too and by all accounts a very good skateboarder to boot. He's 18.

Anyway - I've watched his music taste grow and mature through regular stupid shock-hardcore to Black Flag and Minor Threat, then into silly grindcore stuff. Then the other day he saw me wearing a Sunn O))) shirt and he was asking me about them. We chatted about them for a bit and I was telling him about their shows and their working method.

A couple days later he came back to me raving about them after nicking a bunch of stuff on the internet.

Then yesterday he came up to me, starry-eyed, like he'd reached Nirvana, and just babbled incoherently about this band he'd come across because of Sunn O))) and that was Corrupted.

I told him I'd seen them and he just flipped, asking me all sorts of questions about what they look like and yada yada...

Man I wish I still had that kind of enthusiasm. And also that web2.0 was around when I was a kid.

If only all the kids I worked with were like him...

Not crap.

Older, wiser man. Young kid. Corrupted. There's a joke here somewhere.

Anyway, the band are shitting amazing live. I don't think I've seen another band with such an amazing command of dynamics. Sometimes it took me half a bar to realise that it had gotten heavy, I was so transfixed
Tommy Alpha
Guardian Diety of the Planet
Guardian Diety of the Planet

Postby BClark on Wed May 26, 2010 11:39 pm

NC!!!!

paso inferior is really great, and they've done lots of good stuff. the split with grief is great too.
BClark
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby AnthonyVillalobos on Thu May 27, 2010 2:26 am

If anyone is looking for Paso Inferior, this awesome little record label has some copies:

Vitriol Records.
AnthonyVillalobos
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby bleh. on Thu May 27, 2010 8:21 am

'el mundo frio' is the name of my cat.

NOT CRAP.
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
bleh.
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby SecondEdition on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:43 am

Listened to Se Hace Por Los Suenos Asesinos last night, my first exposure to Corrupted.

I love this band.

Not Crap.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

In the someday, what's that sound.

CS. PC. MM.
SecondEdition
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Justin Foley on Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Paso Inferior is about the only album I can think of that's better to have on CD than vinyl. The vinyl version I have omits a bunch of music, and the side break disrupts the flow.

I mean, I am a fucking geek for that record.

= Justin
Justin Foley

Postby Surfrider on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Saw these guys in Osaka last year. EyE was also on the bill doing a solo (basically Hanatarashi) thing. My brain went "FUUUUUUHHHHHHCKKKKKKKKKkkkkkh" and then i wandered the streets for a good few hours before going home.
You're a shit DM and i want my pizza money back.
(Let's Violence Cowpiss ne!)
Surfrider
tired of birds
tired of birds

Postby Rimbaud III on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:46 am

You guys know that Corrupted are basically one of the greatest bands ever, right?

That's pure scientific fact.
Rimbaud III

Postby SecondEdition on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:04 pm

Corrupted have released a new album called Garten Der Unbewusstheit, which translates to "Garden of Unawareness" or "Garden of Unconsciousness."

Three songs: "Garten," "Against The Darkest Days," and a new version of "Gekkou No Daichi" off of Se Hace Por Los Suenos Asesinos. This may be the one Corrupted album I've ever heard of that has no songs in Spanish.

I have to hear this soon.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

In the someday, what's that sound.

CS. PC. MM.
SecondEdition
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby goatlord on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:08 am

Absolutely obsesed with this band. I don't know what drags me to listen to them again and again, but it works. Hevi vocals are incredible, sometimes he makes me nauseous, looks like he is going to vomit his lungs at any time.

Also, as an spaniard, I can't understand what the fuck they are singing about, because they sing with a really really thick japanese accent. Once they really made me laugh out loud, because the only thing I could understand was "¡QUE CABRONADA!", which means something like "what a bugger", but dirtier.

EDIT: Apparently, Hevi is no longer in the band, now they have someone named Taiki. Let's see how that works, Hevi vocals were a crucial part of the band.
YES YES YES YES RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD When in doubt, treat it as a record. Call your Records - Horse_ebooks
goatlord

Postby altars of radness on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:36 am

Hevi's been gone for ages. He works at some cosplay shop in Osaka; totally done with music. It's really too bad; he was by far the friendliest guy in the band and one of the nicer people I've met over here.

Corrupted is dead. The only original member left in the band is Chew, the drummer. He was the band's creative dictator, so whatever he does with the band next has the potential to be good, but there's no reason he should call it Corrupted.
altars of radness
utility man
utility man

Postby goatlord on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:36 am

Oh, that's too bad! All the good bands split just as I find out about them... Well, I hope that watever they do right now it's as great as Corrupted, and at least their last record was great.

The singer working on a cosplay shop... that's kind of surprising, but with a secretive band you never know how the guys are. I imagined him getting paid for grinding stones with his vocal chords. Hevi worked on the last album, right?
YES YES YES YES RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD When in doubt, treat it as a record. Call your Records - Horse_ebooks
goatlord

Postby altars of radness on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:41 am

Yup. Garten was recorded a couple years ago. I saw them right around then and you could tell they weren't really feeling it. They didn't even bother turning the lights off, which is totally fucked for a Corrupted show.

If you want to check out another insanely good heavy band from Osaka, check out Birushanah. Their bassist used to play in Corrupted. Not much doom, but there's a crazy tribal aspect to their music that really sets them apart. They're one of the best bands over here by far.

altars of radness
utility man
utility man

Next

Return to General Discussion