home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Post videos of asshole cops being assholes

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Post videos of asshole cops being assholes

Postby Andrew. on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:07 am

Yup. I've spent the last seven months organizing with inner-city Indigenous people re: police practices where I live. Neither me nor any white person I know in this town -- including the activists -- has ever been arbitrarily stopped by police. Whereas literally every Indigenous male I know in this city has been fucked with on the regular, including a close friend being violently detained for no reason on his way to a Xmas party I was co-hosting and another friend being arrested and dragged out of his home in front of his kids for a "cat at large" violation (as in their pet cat was outside). His children have grown up terrified of the police.
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Christopher on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:11 pm

garthplinko wrote:treat a cop like you would any other crazy person with a gun and you should be ok.

Wrong wrong wrong. The crucial difference is that, while both could kill you, one can do so in broad daylight among witnesses with near-guaranteed impunity.

garthplinko wrote:If you don't draw attention to yourself, you pretty much don't have to worry about them.

Once you see that "draw attention to yourself" includes minor infractions and regular, everyday human behavior stuff, this advice becomes useless.

Matt Taibbi has a good recent piece on the "just behave!" narrative here.
I guitar Conformists.
Christopher
"kick a ginger day" victim
"kick a ginger day" victim

Postby garthplinko on Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:18 pm

gjp wrote:
jimmy spako wrote:
garthplinko wrote:You're an idiot if you ever get shitty with a cop.

or maybe you're just a person who has had enough of getting terrorized arbitrarily by "crazy people with guns"?

For real.

There's a lot of this shit going around the Internet right now, ie. white people saying that if that person had just behaved themselves, they wouldn't be dead. That whole mentality is akin to victim blaming when it comes to sexual assault. Sure, personally, I act much like you described when dealing with police, I stay calm and keep my distance, but I'm also not constantly being targeted and victimized by police.

I'm not about to call someone an idiot for getting frustrated after being fucked with by cops on a regular basis.

Fuck all that.

You're right of course. I am absolutely coming from a place of privilege as a white guy so I obviously have not walked a mile.

For me my fear of guns outweighs all else. I don't like them. I absolutely don't trust people who own them or want to be around them. As a result, if I do have to encounter anyone like that, I'm going to be deferential and stay away (so I was also wrong when I say I don't "fear" cops either).

It's not fair for me to have expected my experience to be universal amongst everyone. The points everyone made are valid and taken respectfully as a teachable moment for myself.
garthplinko
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby numberthirty on Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:51 pm

While not the danger that immediately springs to mind, a few folks have been hurt as collateral damage during police chases recently.
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby harpseal2 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:54 pm

From the sounds of it, it's probably safer not to get shitty with a cop, because they'll probably kill you in broad daylight and try and hide the murder.

Well, fuck Chicago then.
I'm just trying to be a better person. My name is Brock.

sulfur)addict wrote:My love for the Stooges is a complex and nuanced thing, like the female orgasm, or running Diablo 2 on Windows 7.
harpseal2
e^iπ = -1
e^iπ = -1

Postby garthplinko on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:08 pm

harpseal2 wrote:From the sounds of it, it's probably safer not to get shitty with a cop, because they'll probably kill you in broad daylight and try and hide the murder.

Well, fuck Chicago then.

You know, that's exactly what happens to me every time I go to Chicago. It sucks but Chicago-style pizza is just so good that I keep coming back.
garthplinko

Postby Adam Sr on Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:08 am

phpBB [media]
Adam Sr
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby VaticanShotglass on Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:20 am

garthplinko wrote:
harpseal2 wrote:From the sounds of it, it's probably safer not to get shitty with a cop, because they'll probably kill you in broad daylight and try and hide the murder.

Well, fuck Chicago then.

You know, that's exactly what happens to me every time I go to Chicago. It sucks but Chicago-style pizza is just so good that I keep coming back[.

Hmm, I think you're being a little facetious here.
VaticanShotglass
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard

Postby jimmy two hands on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:01 am

Blarg. Been seeing some people in my Facebook feed posting this story. Well duh, of course not every police encounter ends with a citizen being murdered.

So, I’m driving to my office to turn in my weekly paperwork. A headlight is out. I see a Tucson Police Department squad vehicle turn around and follow me. I’m already preparing for the stop.

The lights go on and I pull over. The officer asks me how I’m doing, and then asks if I have any weapons.

“Yes, sir. I’m a concealed carry permit holder and my weapon is located on my right hip. My wallet is in my back-right pocket.”

The officer explains for his safety and mine, he needs to disarm me for the stop. I understand, and I unlock the vehicle. I explain that I’m running a 7TS ALS holster but from the angle, the second officer can’t unholster it. Lead officer asks me to step out, and I do so slowly. Officer relieves me of my Glock and compliments the X300U I’m running on it. He also sees my military ID and I tell him I’m with the National Guard.

Lead officer points out my registration card is out of date but he knows my registration is up to date. He goes back to run my license. I know he’s got me on at least two infractions. I’m thinking of how to pay them.

Officers return with my Glock in an evidence back, locked and cleared. “Because you were cool with us and didn’t give us grief, I’m just going to leave it at a verbal warning. Get that headlight fixed as soon as possible.”

I smile. “Thank you, sir.”

I’m a black man wearing a hoodie and strapped. According to certain social movements, I shouldn’t be alive right now because the police are allegedly out to kill minorities.

Maybe…just maybe…that notion is bunk.

Maybe if you treat police officers with respect, they will do the same to you.

Police officers are people, too. By far and large, most are good people and they’re not out to get you.

I’d like to thank those two officers and TPD in general for another professional contact.

We talk so much about the bad apples who shouldn’t be wearing a badge. I’d like to spread the word about an example of men who earned their badges and exemplify what that badge stands for.

#BlueLivesMatter #AllLivesMatter
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Boombats on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:10 am

Maybe, just MAYBE, being in the National Guard (and probably also the NRA) helped that one guy get a pass. Being an Uncle Tom motherfucker can't have hurt either.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby BobbyPeru on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:11 am

I saw this too... this dude may be black but he's also ex military and most likely a right wing gun nut. Hey genius.. if you're going to conceal a pistol maybe don't put your wallet in your back pocket.
BobbyPeru
huey newton
huey newton

Postby Dudley on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:13 am

jimmy two hands wrote:Blarg. Been seeing some people in my Facebook feed posting this story. Well duh, of course not every police encounter ends with a citizen being murdered.

So, I’m driving to my office to turn in my weekly paperwork. A headlight is out. I see a Tucson Police Department squad vehicle turn around and follow me. I’m already preparing for the stop.

The lights go on and I pull over. The officer asks me how I’m doing, and then asks if I have any weapons.

“Yes, sir. I’m a concealed carry permit holder and my weapon is located on my right hip. My wallet is in my back-right pocket.”

The officer explains for his safety and mine, he needs to disarm me for the stop. I understand, and I unlock the vehicle. I explain that I’m running a 7TS ALS holster but from the angle, the second officer can’t unholster it. Lead officer asks me to step out, and I do so slowly. Officer relieves me of my Glock and compliments the X300U I’m running on it. He also sees my military ID and I tell him I’m with the National Guard.

Lead officer points out my registration card is out of date but he knows my registration is up to date. He goes back to run my license. I know he’s got me on at least two infractions. I’m thinking of how to pay them.

Officers return with my Glock in an evidence back, locked and cleared. “Because you were cool with us and didn’t give us grief, I’m just going to leave it at a verbal warning. Get that headlight fixed as soon as possible.”

I smile. “Thank you, sir.”

I’m a black man wearing a hoodie and strapped. According to certain social movements, I shouldn’t be alive right now because the police are allegedly out to kill minorities.

Maybe…just maybe…that notion is bunk.

Maybe if you treat police officers with respect, they will do the same to you.

Police officers are people, too. By far and large, most are good people and they’re not out to get you.

I’d like to thank those two officers and TPD in general for another professional contact.

We talk so much about the bad apples who shouldn’t be wearing a badge. I’d like to spread the word about an example of men who earned their badges and exemplify what that badge stands for.

#BlueLivesMatter #AllLivesMatter

What's staggering - or more accurately, staggeringly sad - about that is that the dude is totally compliant from the word go AND STILL SEEMS IMPRESSED/GRATEFUL THAT THE COPS DIDN'T SHOOT HIM.

Jesus...
Anthony Flack wrote:At the end of the day it's everybody's appreciation of cement that is the winner.
Dudley
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby Yngwie Einstein on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:23 pm

What, no video evidence? How do we know this really happened?

Also, classic case of Stockholm Syndrome?
Yngwie Einstein
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby don.chaney on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:44 pm

My Facebook feed has been full of that shit for months. White people love black folks who commend cops and lecture protesters and rant about sagging pants, etc.

How can they be racist if a black person agrees with them?
Marsupialized wrote:Anger is an anchor, bro. Dragging your bitch ass down.
don.chaney
philip guston
philip guston

Postby Adam Sr on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:48 pm

phpBB [media]
Adam Sr

Postby don.chaney on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:25 pm

Cops to grab unlocked stuff from cars in East Rock area — for safekeeping

http://www.nhregister.com/article/NH/20 ... /151109969
Marsupialized wrote:Anger is an anchor, bro. Dragging your bitch ass down.
don.chaney
philip guston
philip guston

Postby Arson Smith on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:52 am

This is really just the dumbest damn thing:

phpBB [media]
My mind, it's a terrible diskette.
Arson Smith
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Clyde on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:38 pm

phpBB [media]
NewDarkAge wrote:Dialectics, mate. No easy answers.
Clyde
Supreme Commander at the Forefront
Supreme Commander at the Forefront

Postby Adam Sr on Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:47 pm

phpBB [media]
Adam Sr

Postby madlee on Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:51 pm

I have an idea, let's give guns to a bunch of people too stupid to get into college.
madlee
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion