home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby ctrl-s on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:32 am

Here we may discuss the finer points of grooming, fashion, hair and skin care, TATTOOS, make-up, etc., without unduly disrupting the aluminum beard agenda.

I need a fucking hairstylist in Minneapolis who will do right by me for less than $50 a cut. Somebody hook me up.
"I swear to God if you ever turn in a piece of shit like this to me again I will flunk your ass. I shit you not." -- DFW
User avatar
ctrl-s
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt
 
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Ryugyong Hotel

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby ctrl-s on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:39 am

This cleanser --

Image

-- turned out to be too drying after all. At least it only cost me seven bucks.
"I swear to God if you ever turn in a piece of shit like this to me again I will flunk your ass. I shit you not." -- DFW
User avatar
ctrl-s
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt
 
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Ryugyong Hotel

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby ctrl-s on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:53 am

I've always said I'd never get a tattoo, but as I approach the age of 50, the idea of "THUG LIFE" tattooed down the length of my arm grows more and more appealing.
"I swear to God if you ever turn in a piece of shit like this to me again I will flunk your ass. I shit you not." -- DFW
User avatar
ctrl-s
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt
 
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Ryugyong Hotel

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby Speedie on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:28 am

ctrl-s wrote:I've always said I'd never get a tattoo, but as I approach the age of 50, the idea of "THUG LIFE" tattooed down the length of my arm grows more and more appealing.



Do it.

:Also, re title thread to "How we don't live like damn hell ass".

kthnx.

also: Mrs Speedie is a big fan of this.

Image
Trey wrote:How great must a thread be to miss such a thing? Beans on the penis great, I suppose.



https://thegreenwhistle.bandcamp.com/releases
User avatar
Speedie
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3970
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:36 am
Location: Downunderyourmother

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby ctrl-s on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:39 am

I thought of titling this thread something like that, but I'm kind of over the "damn hell ass" titles at the moment. There's at least one other thread that is Fearsome And Mammoth, Only Allowable, and I liked that title and wanted to emulate it.

I only like cologne on men if it's VERY subtle. Nothing worse than somebody who absolutely reeks of Polo, or (shudder) patchouli. Your mileage may vary.
"I swear to God if you ever turn in a piece of shit like this to me again I will flunk your ass. I shit you not." -- DFW
User avatar
ctrl-s
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt
 
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Ryugyong Hotel

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby Speedie on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:46 am

yup, yup, I never said I liked it that much. it's strong stuff. drives the laydeees* wild though.






*read: Mrs Speedie.
Trey wrote:How great must a thread be to miss such a thing? Beans on the penis great, I suppose.



https://thegreenwhistle.bandcamp.com/releases
User avatar
Speedie
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3970
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:36 am
Location: Downunderyourmother

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby ctrl-s on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:48 am

That is excellent, then. Pour it on you.
"I swear to God if you ever turn in a piece of shit like this to me again I will flunk your ass. I shit you not." -- DFW
User avatar
ctrl-s
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt
 
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Ryugyong Hotel

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby Rodabod on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:54 am

I had a bottle of Joop when I was about fifteen. I would wear this, along with some horrible shirt when I was going into town to get drunk. I can't get this horrible image out of my head each time I smell it.
User avatar
Rodabod
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6128
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:14 pm
Location: London

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby Speedie on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:21 am

Rodabod wrote:I had a bottle of Joop when I was about fifteen. I would wear this, along with some horrible shirt when I was going into town to get drunk. I can't get this horrible image out of my head each time I smell it.


My point exactly. As is the point of the thread. help me wean her off this 'orrible substance.
Trey wrote:How great must a thread be to miss such a thing? Beans on the penis great, I suppose.



https://thegreenwhistle.bandcamp.com/releases
User avatar
Speedie
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3970
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:36 am
Location: Downunderyourmother

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby lucy on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:51 am

I really want the perfume called Alien, it smells so pretty!
I was given Hugo Boss Orange for Christmas, but I've almost used all of it. :(
Gucci's Flora is quite nice.

Image

Get the tattoo if you really want to, CTRL. Think it over first, though. Its there for life, until you die.
User avatar
lucy
took picture of naked guy
took picture of naked guy
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby Maurice on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:00 am

ctrl-s wrote:I've always said I'd never get a tattoo, but as I approach the age of 50, the idea of "THUG LIFE" tattooed down the length of my arm grows more and more appealing.

I still believe that anyone who wants a tattoo and isn't sure what design to get should consider this image:
Image
music every week | here, too | and here | snwv | other stuff

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I ask you: What the fuck?
User avatar
Maurice
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7816
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:02 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby Wireframe on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:56 am

ctrl-s wrote:I only like cologne on men if it's VERY subtle. Nothing worse than somebody who absolutely reeks of Polo, or (shudder) patchouli. Your mileage may vary.


My housemates and I bought a bottle of this "cologne" called LURE. It purported to contain a number of pheromones that stimulate the sexual response in female humans. After extensive no-testing, we got maggot-drunk, dressed in our finest finery and hit the town, safe in the knowledge that these active LURE pheromones would one-hundred-percent-certain result in handfuls of ass for every one of us.

I remember vomiting in a garbage bin in the street that had no actual bin in it. Another housemate wisely took a shit in the back garden, avoiding any toilet disasters and the subsequent morning after clean-up.

Wireframe's Fragrance Tip For Men - don't buy cologne from a sex shop.
Wireframe
tv clown
tv clown
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:18 am

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby a. james on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:00 am

Wireframe wrote:don't buy cologne from a sex shop.
qfp.
Marsupialized wrote:I am NOT sorry I yelled. I should have yelled louder.
User avatar
a. james
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 15272
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:42 pm
Location: rva.

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby iembalm on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:06 am

I will very, very occasionally put some Silver on when I am going out somewhere, like maybe twice a year. I don't wear anything with a scent at work. I shave my head, so no grooming tips there.

I was tempted once to buy a $75 bottle of cologne from a vending machine because I had read that when you did it, the machine would scream out "PACO!!!". I resisted the temptation.

A favorite scent that my wife wears is called Rain. She doesn't go overboard, but it's nice and doesn't assault the senses. She does have this hand lotion she uses that smells like cucumber that makes me sneeze and puts me in a grumpy mood.
iembalm
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9427
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:47 am

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby Jodi S. on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:52 am

I don't wear scents per se because I can't smell them, and therefore have no idea if I smell good or like damn hell ass.

I do use scented bath stuff, from Lush. I stick to the citrus stuff and I assume I'm OK.

Currently using Sexy Peel and Happy Hippy as the bath stuff.

Not the cheapest stuff in the world, but good for my sensitive skin. I have a lot of their products in the house.
User avatar
Jodi S.
Influential Poster
 
Posts: 21119
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:47 pm
Location: I am sitting in a room, different from the one you are in.

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby fedaykin13 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:54 am

burun wrote:I don't wear scents per se because I can't smell them, and therefore have no idea if I smell good or like damn hell ass.

I do use scented bath stuff, from Lush. I stick to the citrus stuff and I assume I'm OK.

Currently using Sexy Peel and Happy Hippy as the bath stuff.

Not the cheapest stuff in the world, but good for my sensitive skin. I have a lot of their products in the house.


literally can't smell them?
Tommy Alpha wrote:fedaykin13 is right

I play bass in the Blood Sucking Fiends
http://www.prfsinglesclub.com/
User avatar
fedaykin13
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4142
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:16 pm
Location: Lancaster, PA

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby Jodi S. on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:58 am

fedaykin13 wrote:literally can't smell them?

Yes, I am one of those smell-blind people. It's called Asnomia.
User avatar
Jodi S.
Influential Poster
 
Posts: 21119
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:47 pm
Location: I am sitting in a room, different from the one you are in.

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby dontfeartheringo on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:05 am

iembalm wrote:She does have this hand lotion she uses that smells like cucumber that makes me sneeze and puts me in a grumpy mood.


Oh, man. The missus has some of this same stuff, I think. It was a gift from my mother, which I am convinced is a way to get back at me.
tmidgett wrote:John Bonham has no competition. Literally none.
User avatar
dontfeartheringo
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover
 
Posts: 11999
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: athens, ga

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby bumble on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:46 am

For nice skin (everywhere but your face): After bathing, swipe the water off of you with your hands and put on a thin layer of shower and bath oil. It locks the moisture in.

(Note: habitually getting the bathmat wet will annoy housemates, so try to stay in the shower.)

CVS has a generic version of the expensive Neutrogena stuff.

Also: use a sugar and oil combination body scrub a cupla times a week.

Mai kranke skyn: i haz it undar kontrol.
User avatar
bumble
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4270
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:50 pm
Location: chicago

Re: Fearsome & mammoth, only allowable PRF STYLE & BEAUTY THREAD

Postby bumble on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:52 am

Wireframe wrote:My housemates and I bought a bottle of this "cologne" called LURE. It purported to contain a number of pheromones that stimulate the sexual response in female humans. After extensive no-testing, we got maggot-drunk, dressed in our finest finery and hit the town, safe in the knowledge that these active LURE pheromones would one-hundred-percent-certain result in handfuls of ass for every one of us.

I remember vomiting in a garbage bin in the street that had no actual bin in it. Another housemate wisely took a shit in the back garden, avoiding any toilet disasters and the subsequent morning after clean-up.

Wireframe's Fragrance Tip For Men - don't buy cologne from a sex shop.


Or CVS. My friends played a trick on my old roommate (they were his roommates at the time - long live Maplewood). They bought a bottle of some ungodly "interpretation" of some Calvin Klein fragrance or another at the local drug store, poured half of it in a cup, and put the cup under his bed.

Cue: three weeks of Rick going "OH MY GOD WHY DOES MY ROOM SMELL SO AWFUL" until he finally tore his room apart, found the cup o'Interpretation, and proceeded to be mocked for going-on-three-years.

I highly recommend using this prank on those you love.
User avatar
bumble
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4270
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:50 pm
Location: chicago

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pb183max and 12 guests