home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

You fat bastard.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

You fat bastard.

Postby dontfeartheringo on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:47 pm

And by you, I mean me. AND you. You know who you are. Wipe that fucking mustard off your chin and sit up straight.

I ran six marathons between 2001 and 2006.

Fuck. Now look at me.

No, I'm not the sexy brown one. I'm not the stylish one, either. I'm the fat one sitting down. If you look really closely, you can see that my double chin is actually swinging in time with the music.

Bleeaarghh.

Please kill me.

You got it too. You know who you are. Sitting at a desk all day. Hot Doug's couple times a month. Poutine when you can find it. Pulled pork and many beers. Fucking midnight Parmo. You've been kidding yourself. You're telling yourself you actually like your fat jeans BETTER than those other ones that you don't wear any more.

Well, here's the facts: you don't sleep, you eat too much and you don't exercise.

I'm not talking to you skinny fucks. You surfing bastard, you burn 2400 calories a day. You can go. You 22 year old chain smoker who could slip and fall in a wine bottle, shut the door behind you as you're leaving. You drum playing monkey boy blessed with the metabolism of a hummingbird, get gone.

The rest of you, you know who you are. We're all going to see each other again in October. As Marsupialized has mentioned, we get to hang out with the most attractive women in the world. They're gonna be at the PRFBBQ2.5. You're gonna have to hold your head up while you're standing in line for the restroom with the smoking hot babes of the PRF. How are you even gonna talk to those girls?

Those girls, they marry some of us, even. They come to our shows and they listen to our noisy records and they sleep next to us, and they never say anything, but you gotta wonder. My girl married a marathon runner, now she's sleeping next to a fat bastard.

Fuck it, I'm-a do something about it.

More sleep, more exercise. I'm going to log it in this thread. What are you gonna do?

Last night: 8.0 hours of sleep.
Hours exercised today: .5 hour run.

updated total between right now and the BBQ:
total sleep: 8 hours.
total exercise: .5 hours

current weight: 227 lbs.

I am hoping that by the time we all get together again for the next bbq, I can look at this thread and say "I got the most sleep and worked out longer than anyone else on the PRF."

Who else is in?
Last edited by dontfeartheringo on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmidgett wrote:John Bonham has no competition. Literally none.
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Re: You fat bastard.

Postby syntaxfree07 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:54 pm

PRF Biggest Loser?

I'm in. I've gained some weight over the last year. I'm up to 265 and would like to be back at 215. Fifty pounds. I could do that by Christmas. Then I could reward myself with sausage balls, egg nog, ham, creamy dips, and what were we talking about?
boombats wrote:Zumba Sally and iPad Phil are crying into their lattes, and I don't give a shit.
syntaxfree07
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby Flaneur on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:59 pm

Just go to the supermarket and live off of these, raw carrots, and chicken breasts for a while.
Flaneur

Postby hench on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:02 am

i'm on week 7 of p90x and, even without really changing my diet, it's tightened me up and given me some muscles. waist has come in a couple of inches and stomach has been cut from a pony keg to a 15 pack. totally grueling but highly recommended.
hench
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby sleepkid on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:39 am

I've been depressed for about a week now, and have lost 4 lbs. Overall, I don't recommend depression as a dieting measure, but it does curb your appetite (this may vary from person to person, and in some cases may be the exact opposite.)

I don't need to lose weight.

Of course you could do this, which leads to this:

...and of course, you remember how that turned out. South Bronx Paradise baby!
Last edited by sleepkid on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
PRF Records Club. Records for the PRF made by the PRF. Read about it here.
Get the music here: http://www.lakeoffake.com
sleepkid

Postby Antero on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:40 am

Not sleeping is the most important thing for me. Swear to god I can count on one hand the number of times I've had a full 8 since May. Ugh.
Is you crazy baby, I gots to grind
Antero
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby japmn on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:44 am

My fattyness has expanded in accordance to my tiredness and my tiredness has thus expanded with my olderness. I don't see a way out of this jam. Moving any more than I do seems like suicide or at least horribly uncomfortable.

210 and counting.
japmn
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby iembalm on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:49 am

I can't do much about the not sleeping with my on-call schedule. But I'm up over 240 and I've been pretty disgusted with myself for a couple of years. Exercise is nil, food is whatever satisfies my craving for sugar and salt.

So I'll take this on. I'll think about it at work tomorrow and post some goals. Updates as I go along, and I'll be looking forward to everyone else's too.

Thanks for the push ringo, and good luck to yourself and anyone else who gives it a go.
iembalm
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Arson Smith on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:56 am

Yeah...

Sometimes it just takes seeing that one particular photograph of yourself to make you throw up in your mouth a little and say "Fuck - so much worse than I even imagine."

Right now, for me, it's this particular photo:

Scale right this exact second sez 288.5 lbs. :(

Time to bring that shit DOWN.

(Thank you for starting this thread.)
My mind, it's a terrible diskette.
Arson Smith
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby squarewave on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:17 am

Arson Smith wrote:Time to bring that shit DOWN.

+1
Arson Smith wrote:(Thank you for starting this thread.)

+1,000,000

Motivation, perhaps you will visit me tomorrow.
rocker654 wrote:(regarding jail) I can't recommend it. The toast is too rubbery, and the bellboys have too much snotty attitude.

steve wrote:I haven't heard your band, and you might not want me to.
squarewave
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby syntaxfree07 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:22 am

sleepkid wrote:I've been depressed for about a week now, and have lost 4 lbs. Overall, I don't recommend depression as a dieting measure, but it does curb your appetite (this may vary from person to person, and in some cases may be the exact opposite.)

I don't need to lose weight.

Of course you could do this, which leads to this:

...and of course, you remember how that turned out. South Bronx Paradise baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WzKDdj0CxY&feature=related
boombats wrote:Zumba Sally and iPad Phil are crying into their lattes, and I don't give a shit.
syntaxfree07

Postby John Houlihan on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:27 am

That was a tremendous post, ringo. BTW, having met you, I would never consider you heavy. Never crossed my mind. I think you ran into some bad luck with that particular photo.

Anyway, yeah. 'Bout twenty pounds overweight on this end. Checking in at 205, probably. No sleep. A thousand cigarettes. Bad food. Beers (and accompanying gut). Stress. Poker. Ah, fer chrissake, where's me TUMS?
John Houlihan
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby pwalshj on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:45 am

dontfeartheringo wrote:As Marsupialized has mentioned, we get to hang out with the most attractive women in the world. They're gonna be at the PRFBBQ2.5. You're gonna have to hold your head up while you're standing in line for the restroom with the smoking hot babes of the PRF. How are you even gonna talk to those girls?

Those girls, they marry some of us, even. They come to our shows and they listen to our noisy records and they sleep next to us, and they never say anything, but you gotta wonder.

O HAI! Imma breeze in an bang all ur broadz, fatstuff.
"If you aren't offered a hot dog or a burger this week it ain't them... It's you." - Ray Chimaro - July 1st 2009
pwalshj
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby Luzwei on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:01 am

dontfeartheringo wrote:Who else is in?

Well, me I guess.

260lbs.

Started a vigorous diet last week to cut down 50lbs as I have noticing that I have trouble tying my shoes. When I started to notice this happening I guessed that something has gone really bad.
lemur68 wrote:A bite from a Lu Zworis is also highly venomous.

I Joe 4 play.
Luzwei
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby kazoozak on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:21 am

When I got back from Scotland-land in December, I was a good 145lbs. I probably weighed around 155-160lbs before I left, so to have lost about 10-15 pounds felt pretty good to me. I was able to fit into a pair of pants that I hadn't put on in a year!

Fast forward to today. Last time I got on a scale it said I was weighing about 169lbs. (That might not seem a whole lot to you tall people, but to this 5'1" dude, that just tips the scale into the wide, wonderful world of obesity.) Yeouch. What have I done to myself? But that's not so much a motivator to want to work some of this crap off as is this picture, taken during PRFBBQtime:

Those thighs. That ass. Fucking hell, that's mine.

Basically what I am saying is Count Me IN. I may not be able to see Zoom this October but hopefully my slimmer future will be joining you all in spirit.
kazoozak
has seen it all
has seen it all

Postby Ptommydski on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:20 am

Okay so it turns out being 26 is not the same as being 20. I've put on a LOT of weight on my stomach. Don't believe me? Check this shit out -

No I'm not pregnant. That belly needs to fuck off and I need to start working on it now. Any advice would be welcome.
Ptommydski

Postby Josef K on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:31 am

Mother fucker.

0920 am and i've just sat down to a roll and square sausage and fired egg at my desk and this fucking thread is the first thing I see!

Mind you, it's probably a good thing. I've been in the studio (CaVa -Glasgow) for the past two weeks and we've been working through the Tunnocks' product catalogue. Whilst recording i've given the Judo a miss just in case of injury, so it's time to get back into some exercise.

Cheers Ringo.
gjhardwick wrote:shut up you massive baptist
Josef K
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby Luzwei on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:46 am

Ptommydski wrote:No I'm not pregnant. That belly needs to fuck off and I need to start working on it now. Any advice would be welcome.

Just PUUUUUUUSH!!! Breathe. Now push again. PUUUUUUSHHHHH! Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. PUUUUUUUSHHHH!
lemur68 wrote:A bite from a Lu Zworis is also highly venomous.

I Joe 4 play.
Luzwei

Postby kazoozak on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:49 am

Josef K wrote:0920 am and i've just sat down to a roll and square sausage and fired egg at my desk and this fucking thread is the first thing I see!

I consider it some kind of small miracle that I actually lost weight when I resided in your country.
kazoozak
has seen it all
has seen it all

Postby Rimbaud III on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:33 am

Everything in Ringo's original post rings true for me.

I've been running for about a month now, and I'm going to start working out again this week. I would like to say that this is in the name of maintaining mobility and strength right into my old age, but it's really only so that I can paint myself orange and walk around with my shirt off like some midget guidochav.
Rimbaud III

Next

Return to General Discussion