home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

You fat bastard.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: You fat bastard.

Postby itchy mcgoo on Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:36 am

One great thing about the emotional trauma of this summer has been the shrinkage. I am zipping into dresses I never thought I could wear, back to a jawline I barely remember.

If people in my family keep withering away, I should be able to live out my dream of being sexy Hillary Clinton for Halloween.
itchy mcgoo
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Ike on Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:54 am

Back to work! Lost about 12 lbs this summer, but put a few back on during my Pizzacation.

Fuck it, I'm almost 40.

Back to the gym today!
Ike
the white ho
the white ho

Postby garthplinko on Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 pm

I lost 8 pounds to the flu a couple weeks ago.

I do not recommend this as a weight loss plan.
garthplinko
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby catwoman on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:26 pm

Plugging into the "Alternate Day Fasting" thing, also knows as the "Every Other Day" diet.

On low cal days, you get 500 calories, preferably pushed out as late in the day as you can manage. Generally they recommend a meal and a snack or two.

There's science behind it, see Dr. Krista Varady.

And, I'm trying to do at least 30 minutes of something exercisey, either from some crappy workout DVDs I have or from stuff I find on youtube. Leslie Sansone walking, 1 mile right now, is my starting place, and I don't have to leave the house.
catwoman
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby elisha wiesner on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:01 pm

As of right now none of my 1 million XL t-shirts fit me or at least they don't fit well. I have like 3 XXL shirts and need more. There is nowhere here to buy cheap t-shirts. I'm going to try to loose some weight soon but for now I need clean shirts. Anyone know of a cheap place to order t-shirts? Or any of you who have lost weight have any XXL's that you want to get rid of?
elisha wiesner
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby squarewave on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:14 pm

elisha wiesner wrote:As of right now none of my 1 million XL t-shirts fit me or at least they don't fit well. I have like 3 XXL shirts and need more. There is nowhere here to buy cheap t-shirts. I'm going to try to loose some weight soon but for now I need clean shirts. Anyone know of a cheap place to order t-shirts? Or any of you who have lost weight have any XXL's that you want to get rid of?

Walmart has tagless Hanes tees for like $7-8 ea. and long sleeved versions for $9-11 ea.
I wear them under my work shirts, and I get about a year out of them.
rocker654 wrote:(regarding jail) I can't recommend it. The toast is too rubbery, and the bellboys have too much snotty attitude.

steve wrote:I haven't heard your band, and you might not want me to.
squarewave
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby unsaved on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:23 pm

squarewave wrote:
elisha wiesner wrote:As of right now none of my 1 million XL t-shirts fit me or at least they don't fit well. I have like 3 XXL shirts and need more. There is nowhere here to buy cheap t-shirts. I'm going to try to loose some weight soon but for now I need clean shirts. Anyone know of a cheap place to order t-shirts? Or any of you who have lost weight have any XXL's that you want to get rid of?

Walmart has tagless Hanes tees for like $7-8 ea. and long sleeved versions for $9-11 ea.
I wear them under my work shirts, and I get about a year out of them.

I get blank shirts from Russell Athletic, currently SS are on sale for $5.99 and LS for $8.49.

Shipping $7.99, free if order over $50.
unsaved
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby elisha wiesner on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:29 pm

Thanks. Gonna order a few of those Russells
elisha wiesner

Postby unsaved on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:33 pm

elisha wiesner wrote:Thanks. Gonna order a few of those Russells

Oops, just noticed that a few of the colors are sold out. One of them is black, of course. :(
unsaved
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby betch on Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:18 am

Would also highly recommend Jerzees, specifically the Dri-Power Active t-shirt. Usually just bulk order them from eBay. They're great. Probably have over 40 of the same color (glorious black heather, basically a charcoal gray) in my closet. I'm not joking. It's disturbing actually. So incredibly disturbing.

They're cotton/polyester blend, love the softness, not scratchy at all, they don't get stinky or clingy when you sweat, they don't shrink, they're stitched pretty well, they retain their shape wash after wash, no obnoxious branding, thin neckband (yeah, I'm picky), and the sleeves are not too long, not too short. It's like the perfect t-shirt!
betch
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran

Postby Anthony Flack on Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:57 am

You increasingly fat bastards.

https://blueshift.io/world-obesity-frame.html
Anthony Flack
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby N1ck on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:00 am

I gotta lose some weight.

I'm 36, 5'11'', and weigh probably 235. I'm a fat fuck. I just saw a picture of myself playing drums the other night and was thoroughly revolted.

Last year, I did manage to train for and run two 5Ks--the first I'd ever done--so I'm proud of that, but I gotta get back on the stick. The biggest problem for me remains nighttime eating. I just get the fucking munchies when I'm sitting there watching TV. Add pot into the equation and it's a disaster.

I tried Weight Watchers like a year and a half ago and dropped like 20 pounds. I think I'm gonna sign up again...
N1ck
dr. j
dr. j

Postby Janeway on Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:12 pm

i dont want to discourage anyone, but just because the holidays are over and new years throws some guilt on you ant good enough reason to lose weight, after all its still the middle of winter..use this time to rest and cat for yourself and save your green juices and salads for spring when the baseball
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway

Postby Janeway on Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:14 pm

teams are in training and the weather facilitates more outdoor activity.

just let the end of the holiday season be the end of indulging and be gentle with yourself and you'll be fine.
Janeway

Postby Janeway on Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:21 pm

i was 196 and now im 126 but my gain and loss was medical so i cant really offer advice on how to do it from experience cause i never tried to put on or take off, it was never my doing to take credit for.

i will say that when i started regularly smoking weed, delicious mango kush, i got the munchies for mango smoothies and i think if you know youre going to be stoned and hungry, set yourself up beforehand with an edible arrangement or some other delicious fruits or something. if the ritual is in place just lifehack it with better options.
Janeway

Postby Twilight Sparkle on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:35 pm

Best way to lose weight is to stop living life like a fatty.

Diets should be long term, eat in a way that you always want to eat, not as some healthy break from your normal routine. Work out in a way you can do it every week, not gearing up for one herculean effort. Those things are fine, but totally unreliable ways to get in shape and stay that way for a period of time. Then you can eat donuts and not feel all shitty and guilty because whatever, your normal routine is fine. Snacks also taste better when it's not like a constant thing happening to your face.

Alternative is to not care, which is fine too.
Twilight Sparkle
saw big cat
saw big cat

Postby sitwell on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:36 pm

Never be Kuma'd. No doubling up on carbs. Don't be afraid to split an entree, especially if it's carb heavy. Those rules work well enough for me.
sitwell
denny dias
denny dias

Postby Madman Munt on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:13 pm

I got into reading about sports nutrition when I realised that, however delicious, a Melton Mowbray pork pie is disastrous as source of fuel halfway through a spirited bike ride.

The most useful book on the subject I've come across is Racing Weight, 2nd Ed. How to Get Lean for Peak Performance by Matt Fitzgerald. Although written for proper endurance athletes, I reckon bastards everywhere, fat and thin, will benefit from reading it. I'd urge anyone who is running, cycling, swimming, rowing or whatever to check it out. The stuff on nutrient timing and managing appetite I found particularly revelatory.
Madman Munt
amir vahedi
amir vahedi

Postby mookie1010 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:42 pm

Matt Fitzgerald's a smart dude when it comes to this stuff - a bit dry, but it's a pretty dry subject he's usually tackling, so that's to be expected. I endorse everything I've read from him and need to get back to following some of his principles. More than some of them, actually.
mookie1010
pryor
pryor

Postby emmanuelle cunt on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:02 am

I have predictably porked up over the autumn/winter so I'm at 120kg / 264 lbs now, 5kg/11lbs over what I was in September, urgh. I have been doing weights, doing push ups and crunches and stretching exercises since early December so don't feel like a complete slob, though. Also, I'm going to do this and decided to cut eating in the evenings AND beer consumption (ouch!). Let's see how that goes.
caix wrote:^ more like "a manual vagina."
emmanuelle cunt
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion