home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

PRFBBQ.COM

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: PRFBBQ.COM

Postby Yngwie Einstein on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:35 pm

I can imagine this will take a lot of work. Thank you for your reply and your work as the caretaker.

I don't expect hosting companies to provide their service free of charge, so let me know if I can kick in a few dollars for the cause.
Yngwie Einstein
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Re: PRFBBQ.COM

Postby bishopdante on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:40 am

Archival of digital materials is a tricky matter, and it's best to combine offline with online.

A website is a good tool for serving up content, but to run an archive using an online system takes some thought, and assets such as multitrack high res audio and high def video can be very large by Internet standards.

I think it'd be a *very* good idea to run an archive - not just of output files but of masters. It's a feature that's sorely missing from most studios regardless of caliber, and I know that shed loads of digital content and source material regularly disappears in a puff of binary when drives go missing / develop the click of death / accounts scrubbed / passwords forgotten / services gone [eg: soundcloud might vanish/drastically change any day, after losing $50m a year for quite a while].
502 Bad Gateway · nginx/1.0.8
bishopdante
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Previous

Return to General Discussion