home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

For free: Things.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: For free: Things.

Postby eliya on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:22 am

We have a ton of diet cat food that our cat won't eat. Now he's on different prescription food. Dr. Wellbutrin says it's good for any cat, come take it! There's no reason for it to go to waste!

wellbutrin wrote:
eliya wrote:We have a lot of prescription (for allergies) cat food, both wet and dry, and enough to feed your cat for two months, or just one if she's a fat ass like ours. Perhaps Dr. wellbutrin can chime in one whether or not cats without allergies should eat it? Anyway, if it's fine for cats without allergies to eat it, then it's free for anyone who wants it. That's like $100 worth of cat food.

Yes, the hydrolyzed diets are good for any cat.
eliya
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Vansassa on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:41 pm

eliya wrote:We have a ton of diet cat food that our cat won't eat. Now he's on different prescription food. Dr. Wellbutrin says it's good for any cat, come take it! There's no reason for it to go to waste!

wellbutrin wrote:
eliya wrote:We have a lot of prescription (for allergies) cat food, both wet and dry, and enough to feed your cat for two months, or just one if she's a fat ass like ours. Perhaps Dr. wellbutrin can chime in one whether or not cats without allergies should eat it? Anyway, if it's fine for cats without allergies to eat it, then it's free for anyone who wants it. That's like $100 worth of cat food.

Yes, the hydrolyzed diets are good for any cat.

Eliya! I can always use cat food donations and other cat care items. If no one else needs this I'd love to pick it up and visit you guys and Frostie.
Vansassa
piece of shit
piece of shit

Postby rappard on Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:49 am

Edit: gone.
Last edited by rappard on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Bork wrote:[S]ome of the worst rappers are white, like Nine Inch Nails.
rappard
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby Bubber on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:01 am

Posted this in the Tech Room a while back, but I have a steel rack drawer as well as some cheapo On-Stage 8U open slant rack stand to unload for free. I'm in MN if you want to grab `em.
Bubber
inman jackson
inman jackson

Postby black taj on Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:07 am

I have the mother of all white elephants up for grabs. A player piano from the early to mid 20's based on serial number. Beautiful woodwork (figured walnut) and a box of piano rolls including (and I'm not making this up) Gonna Fly Now, Born Free and The Morning After. Must remove it by Sunday November 8 or I have to dismantle it. Here is the Craigslist ad. PM me if interested.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/zip/5297431064.html
black taj
madame ooglepuss
madame ooglepuss

For free: Things.

Postby jeff_fox on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:38 pm

I've got a house full of cardboard boxes big and small, packing paper, and squares of bubble wrap. Take it!!!
zom-zom wrote:Posterior means butt.
Gay Name|Hungry Man|MegaMaul|Blank Banker
jeff_fox

Postby motorbike guy on Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:35 pm

I have three (3) sets of D'Addario NYXL strings 009-042. I'll send them to you for the postage - which should be about $3.00.
Who wants em?
Robert Ohlmstead wrote:Our warlike impulses and warlike pride are dangerously coupled with our insufferable vanity, our permanent immaturity, our lives of fear and pleasure.
motorbike guy
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby elisha wiesner on Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:17 pm

EDIT: Given away to an old friends father who lives in elderly housing and doesn't own an amp anymore.

MEGA Amp! I found it in the trash this morning. I can't walk by a trash amp without taking it. It works fine and is pretty loud for a practice amp. My wife says it sounds like an electrified garbage can. It definitely shreds. It's not that heavy and if anyone needs a shitty practice amp, it's yours for the price of postage.

elisha wiesner

Postby rappard on Tue May 10, 2016 11:14 am

Eight (give or take) Edding permanent markers. First person to PM me their address gets them.

(Black ink, 1/8"-1/16" nib, fit for most/all surfaces.)
rappard
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby Gantry on Tue May 10, 2016 2:22 pm

Chicagoland Only

I posted in the Hi-Fi thread about these Snell Acoustic Type C/II speakers I have, hand me down from my stepmom. See the link for more discussion about them, but they are pretty high end units and there are pictures of the foam coming off the woofers.

I bought the woofer foam replacement kit but it's been sitting on top of the speakers for over a year now. They are huge and need some TLC that I'm not going to put forth, so I'll gladly give them to someone on the PRF.

They are BIG but if I can put in my car I'll even bring them to you, which I'm doubting. If that's the case you'd have to pick up in Wheeling. I know they are quite valuable when repaired but I don't give a shit - donate money to the PRF fund if you must. I'd just like to see someone who would appreciate them give them a good home.

If you want more/better pics or more detail on the condition, let me know.
Gantry
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby Tommy on Tue May 10, 2016 5:47 pm

Gantry wrote:Chicagoland Only

I posted in the Hi-Fi thread about these Snell Acoustic Type C/II speakers I have, hand me down from my stepmom. See the link for more discussion about them, but they are pretty high end units and there are pictures of the foam coming off the woofers.

I bought the woofer foam replacement kit but it's been sitting on top of the speakers for over a year now. They are huge and need some TLC that I'm not going to put forth, so I'll gladly give them to someone on the PRF.

They are BIG but if I can put in my car I'll even bring them to you, which I'm doubting. If that's the case you'd have to pick up in Wheeling. I know they are quite valuable when repaired but I don't give a shit - donate money to the PRF fund if you must. I'd just like to see someone who would appreciate them give them a good home.

If you want more/better pics or more detail on the condition, let me know.

A year or two ago I had a speaker dude refoam a pair of old speakers. I remember it being pretty cheap and I didn't already have the kits. I removed and took in just the woofers. Might be worth a call...

http://jjspeakerrepair.net/Site/Home.html
Tommy
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby Teacher's Pet on Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:50 am

10 reels of Quantegy 456 & 499.

2"

Never used.

Probably from late '90s. Sample code: 97G111

Located in lower Manhattan (Financial District).

Local pick-up only. Must be gone before end of July.
Teacher's Pet
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby japmn on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:53 pm

japmn

Postby tallchris on Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:55 pm

Bunch of free music gear crap; only clause is you have to be in Chicago (or be here in the next few weeks) and preferably come by my house or meet me somewhere to get it. Full list and pictures below:

(EDIT here's what's still left):

Tele six saddle bridge plate
    GFS Tele humbucker bridge plate (three screw)
    6500/KT66/KT88 tube retainers (8 of 'em)
    Mustang/Jaguar replacement slider switches
    blackface Fender Bassman cab mounting hardware
    Radioshack multimeter (needs a new battery)
    Shielding metal (you'll want this for the head box)

Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
    Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
    Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
    tallchris
    Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
    Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby a leg plaster on Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:45 am

Anybody looking to get rid of some 7" or 12" record cover sleeves? The clear plastic ones with the open tops are what I'm used to, but the ones with the adhesive flap are cool too. Just realized I was needing more when I shipped a few records the other day.
    (exaggeration)
    a leg plaster
    Leader with Extraordinary Personality
    Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby rappard on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:16 am

For free: silicone back cover and screen protector for an iPad Mini (7"). Message me your address and I'll drop it in the mail.
    rappard
    urinated in reservoir
    urinated in reservoir

Postby W.L.Weller on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:21 am

For free, AC-DC wall warts of your choosing:

Sony 9VDC 600mA

Broken Boss 9.6VDC 200mA (wire broke off at strain relief on transformer housing, I can't figure out whether the plastic housing comes apart or if I'd have to cut it open)

generic 4.5VDC 100mA tip negative

generic 15VDC 1A tip positive

Meet me somewhere in NYC or I could mail to you?
    W.L.Weller
    les nessman
    les nessman

Postby W.L.Weller on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:26 am

Anyone want the fold-out John Holmstrom poster from the Ramones exhibit at the Queens Museum? I've got an extra one.
    W.L.Weller
    les nessman
    les nessman

Postby total_douche on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:45 am

I have a couple of cheapo mixing boards I'm probably never going to use because my Firestudio can do everything I realistically need done.

#1 is a nonfunctional Mackie ProFX12. It worked fine one day, then I didn't use it for a month, and then it didn't work. It won't power up, just flickers. I suspect a bad capacitor somewhere, but visually they all looked OK to my (untrained) eyes. If you think you can fix it, it's all yours.

#2 is a big, clunky 24-track Electro-whatever Dynachord Elan. Pots crackle like my asshole after burrito night and definitely need cleaning. VU meters work, but rest in positions best described as "whatever" when not in use. Maybe something's binding or needs WD-40, I don't know, I'm dumb about these things.

Also, if anyone wants a functional but massively heavy projection TV my brother decided to grab for free off craigslist a few years ago (but never uses now that he has a flatscreen in his room), I'd love to get it out of my living room. It takes up a fair amount of space. Front panel was a victim of feline terrorism. Otherwise works OK. I use it to play my NES, but just about any more space-efficient TV could serve that purpose. It's perfect for the double-wide or the garage!

I'm available anytime Monday-Thursday (usually).
    total_douche
    meatball enthusiast
    meatball enthusiast

Postby hayate on Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:48 pm

I am shamelessly bumping this thread to ask the following to my fellow portland prfs:

Anybody got a shovel and/or loppers I could borrow for a couple days? I could leave you with my ID or something.

I know.. I'm kind of a shady character, and a mans shovel is a mans pride, as the adage goes..

I'm seriously looking to borrow a shovel and/or loppers, though.

Thought I'd ask, just in case!

Happy hump day.
    "lets destroy shit, buddha"
    hayate
    carter family
    carter family

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion