home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

The Numero Store - Chicago - 4/16/2011

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: The Numero Store - Chicago - 4/16/2011

Postby Sowley on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:18 am

Cannot recommend "Wayfaring Strangers--Darkscorch Chanticles" and the Bodie Comp enough. Insane research done by these guys; the upcoming Ned Doheney jawn will be perfect for the summer too (especially if you're into like, 70s bloat cocaine/yacht sketchiness.)
Stephen Sowley
scsowley@gmail.com

"...When last year, I spent more money on spilled liquor in bars from one side of this world to the other, than you made."--Ric Flair
Sowley
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby cerebralheadtrip on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:16 am

Jodi S. wrote:Buy whatever you can that looks remotely interesting. Remember when you were younger, and bought records because you liked the cover? Do that with Numero stuff. You can't go wrong. They're one of maybe three or four labels I feel confident doing that with.

I'd be there spending my tuition money if I weren't housebound.

i did their subscription thing for a bit and every single release I got sent was a total gem. had to cancel after a while because I would run out of money and shelf space long before these guys would stop putting out good stuff.
cerebralheadtrip
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard

Postby landspeednyc on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:06 pm

This year's info:

For Record Store Day (Saturday, April 18th), we return to the Comfort Station (2579 N Milwaukee) in the heart of Chicago’s Logan Square neighborhood for an all-day affair.

The following week, we chart a course for Brooklyn to spend a 3-day weekend at Greenpoint’s Human NYC (110 Meserole Ave) April 24th-26th.

https://numerogroup.wordpress.com/2015/ ... -day-2015/
landspeednyc
julia sweeney
julia sweeney

Postby four_oclocker_2 on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:40 pm

Man, I love Numero, but damn do I wish that they would do this on days that weren't Record Store Day...
Unofficial Pono spokesperson.

SELF/KJ/SAR/BP
SUMMER OF DOUG'S
four_oclocker_2
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby Me Again on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:19 pm

Could not find a Numero Group C/NC thread so I'm posting this here....

They're soon to release a compilation of music by soul singer Jackie Shane. You can here a preview of it here. In case you don't know, Jackie Shane was a trans person making soul music in the 1960s, in Canada. That took serious guts! Music's pretty good too.

Also, I have become smitten with the music of Minneapolis group Mind & Matter (which is a great name for a band in light of digital consciousness theory). I recommend the reissue of their 45 "I'm Under Your Spell" as well as the LP of their previously unreleased basement tapes, 1514 Oliver Avenue (Basement).

That is all!!
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
jose raul capablanca
jose raul capablanca

Postby WoundedFoot on Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:52 pm

Seems like the appropriate place to post this. The Warfaring Strangers: Acid Nightmares comp is excellent. Look at that artwork! A guy puking on the head of a passed out person!

Also acquired a nice canvas bag and promo flexi (featuring one of the greatest Christmas songs of all time) + catalog deal recently that are both quite nice. Salut, Numero Group!

phpBB [media]
WoundedFoot
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Previous

Return to General Discussion