home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Continuing Adventures in Asking Cancer to Fuck Itself

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Continuing Adventures in Asking Cancer to Fuck Itself

Postby noise&light on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:12 pm

Pasta wrote:Latest update.

Ultrasound of thyroid area today. No Cancer. No change in meds. Dr. says less than 5% chance of reccurance over my lifetime.

Thank you all for everything. Still kicking.

:smt023
There's no reason
To feel all the hard times
To lay down the hard lines
It's absolutely true
noise&light
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby John W. on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:43 am

What Liz said - infinitely happy to read this.
John W.
Guardian Diety of the Planet
Guardian Diety of the Planet

Postby Pasta on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:31 pm

So, MRI results today. May be the last time I bump this thread with any regularity. No growth, no change, cancer barely visible. MRI in November, then we probably go to every 4-6 months.

Only gonna post here, if someone else bumps, or there's bad news. Otherwise, I think we can now safely assume shit is fine.

I'll be having a 5 year party, around 10.27. All PRFERS are invited. I'll start a new thread once my buddy JJ and I figure out the date, and menu. Those interested will get pms with details.

Again, thank you all for your friendship and support. It has truly meant the world.
Ninety Five Cents? FUCK YOU!!! I'LL SKATE TO THE BEACH.
Pasta
Fucking Survivor....Fuck Cancer

Postby the finger genius on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:04 pm

way to go Pasta
jimmy two hands wrote:Then we all log off internet and eat nachos. All is well.

Eighteen Hundred and Froze to Death
the finger genius
"kick a ginger day" victim
"kick a ginger day" victim

Postby Chromodynamic on Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:39 pm

Cheers to your continued good health Pasta!

Massive fucking jeers to cancer for taking away my niece who would've been 16 today.
Chromodynamic
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Frank Decent on Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:38 pm

My oldest and one of my dearest friends, Kol MacKay died last night. He'd been living with brain cancer for 11 fucking years. He loved life. He fought hard for every breath. I haven't been posting here much, but that's going to change. This is the greatest place on the internet and I love many of you like sisters and brothers. My brother Kol is gone now and that's hard to accept. In fact, I will never accept it. I will remember some part of him every damn day. I love you people and I loved Kol. We started our first bands together and learned together about music and passion. He taught me about patience and passion as well as friendship. I'm going to really try to spend more time here because this place is special. It's not facebook. It's not fleeting or marketing. It's a community. And I love you folks. Just Like I love Kol. Fuck cancer. ROCK ALWAYS WINS.

Here is a video of him kicking ass. You may not like the music but you cannot deny his passion and karisma. He was talented and one of a kind. He fought like no one else. I will celebrate my friend's memory every day. Love you.

phpBB [media]
Redline wrote:The dead bodies on your mattress and the rubber sheets in your wardrobe should dampen the early reflections.
Frank Decent
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby Pasta on Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:07 pm

Frank Decent wrote:My oldest and one of my dearest friends, Kol MacKay died last night. He'd been living with brain cancer for 11 fucking years. He loved life. He fought hard for every breath. I haven't been posting here much, but that's going to change. This is the greatest place on the internet and I love many of you like sisters and brothers. My brother Kol is gone now and that's hard to accept. In fact, I will never accept it. I will remember some part of him every damn day. I love you people and I loved Kol. We started our first bands together and learned together about music and passion. He taught me about patience and passion as well as friendship. I'm going to really try to spend more time here because this place is special. It's not facebook. It's not fleeting or marketing. It's a community. And I love you folks. Just Like I love Kol. Fuck cancer. ROCK ALWAYS WINS.

Here is a video of him kicking ass. You may not like the music but you cannot deny his passion and karisma. He was talented and one of a kind. He fought like no one else. I will celebrate my friend's memory every day. Love you.

phpBB [media]

So sorry, brother. All the thought's and love you've sent me, over the years, are on the way back to you.
Pasta

Postby VaticanShotglass on Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:52 pm

Hey folks. I've honestly avoided this thread out of fear of depression. Several years back when I was in Michigan I helped take care of an older professor in the last year of his life (after 10 years with cancer). I got to be friends with him. Fellow philosopher. Lots of admiration. Tough guy. He kept going on trips around the country to Operas, museums, conferences, and concerts. His kids were on opposite coasts. I did what I could to help him live how he wanted that year. He taught for years for no pay for many years after retirement. He was a scholar of ethics and David Hume. He was dedicated to teaching and scholarship to the end. After his death I fostered his prize cat and managed his personal documents and library. It was pretty hard but I really take a measure of peace in how vigorously he pursued his life to the end.

Well, that was years ago. Right now I'm getting over my trepidation and jumping in to read this thread. A few weeks back my dad had a cancerous mass removed from his left lung a long with a number of lymph nodes. Contrary to other reports of stage one status, Thursday's oncology visit classified it as stage three lung cancer due to one sampled lymph node was positive for cancer. The plan is several weeks of chemo followed by 6 weeks of radiation. This has been described as non aggressive, yet my dad is having a terrible time processing this. He radically hates leaving home. He finds 9:00 AM Wednesday Grocery shopping painfully crowded (he'd never acknowledge such terms, but personally, I suffer from bouts of crippling agorophopbia so I'm really sympathetic--this is all scary). Now fears about money are starting to hit him hard. I've been living here with him since mid December trying to help my family make sense of it all. They don't understand much. It's more of a go off and die culture. It's all very crushing.

Anyway, all my love to all of you struggling with this illness. I'm late to the party, but here I am.
VaticanShotglass
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard

Postby Pasta on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:43 pm

Just about 5.5 years into this cancer thing. Condition remains stable. After 2 years off of chemo. Oncologist says if things are stable after 3 years, we move to 6 month mri. Ressection cavity is growing (less scar tissue, less cancer). Will post photos of mri later. No seizures in a year. AND, I pickled 25 pounds of gurkens at work at 7 am. Not a half bad day. Now, lotsa loud music. And a few tears of joy. Thank you all, again, for everything.
Pasta

Postby Stinky Pete on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:30 pm

5 weeks ago my brother was admitted to hospital in Manchester for what they thought was a Gallbladder infection, after 2 weeks it became lymphoma..after another 3 weeks it's now an advanced, aggressive Neuro Endocrine Tumor starting in his duodenum. We meet the Oncologist from the Christie on Sunday to discuss, but so far we know it's too big to operate on and it's constricting his bile duct.

Fuck you, cancer. Rob never even smoked a joint.
Stinky Pete
complete piece of shit
complete piece of shit

Postby VaticanShotglass on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:16 am

Update: my dad has his last chemo round this week. If the scan looks good, then expectations are good. He's pretty exhausted. I hope he can get some energy back.
VaticanShotglass
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard

Postby Pasta on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:01 pm

No motherfucking change in tumour. Still stable after almost 2.5 years no chemo! Get at me ya hockey pucks.
Pasta

Postby Janeway on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:48 am

cancer just got fucked off a mountain
man fucks terminal cancer off everest summit
i wish i thought of a different way to say that, but the important thing is this ^
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby Frank Decent on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:53 am

Fuck. Woke up to the news that my Uncle Mike's esophageal cancer has spread. Next up, rounds of chemo, if he wants. He hasn't decided. Wish I could do something for him.
Redline wrote:The dead bodies on your mattress and the rubber sheets in your wardrobe should dampen the early reflections.
Frank Decent

Postby Teacher's Pet on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:03 pm

I was talking with a coworker today who was nervously awaiting a call from the doctor regarding his wife's 1-year check-up results. She had a cancer thing a year ago and the 6 month check-up was good news, but he was a little freaked.

Anyway, I have a hard time imagining how tough this must be to deal with, and I thought of Pasta, and all of you, and how strong you must have to be to handle this shit. Hats off.

Pasta wrote:No motherfucking change in tumour. Still stable after almost 2.5 years no chemo! Get at me ya hockey pucks.

Cheers to this. Much respect.
Teacher's Pet
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby Pasta on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:31 pm

Teacher's Pet wrote:I was talking with a coworker today who was nervously awaiting a call from the doctor regarding his wife's 1-year check-up results. She had a cancer thing a year ago and the 6 month check-up was good news, but he was a little freaked.

Anyway, I have a hard time imagining how tough this must be to deal with, and I thought of Pasta, and all of you, and how strong you must have to be to handle this shit. Hats off.

Pasta wrote:No motherfucking change in tumour. Still stable after almost 2.5 years no chemo! Get at me ya hockey pucks.

Cheers to this. Much respect.

The anticipation and anxiety when awaiting test results is brutal. My family is always a mess those 2 days. I'm usually pretty fucking cranky. So is my wife. The last 2 years mindfulness meditation on a daily basis has really helped. That said, definitely dealing with some pretty heavy PTSD since the 5th anniversary.
Pasta

Postby Teacher's Pet on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:14 pm

The relatively minor things which cause crankiness in me & my household make me feel like an asshole compared to this.

My coworker just emailed me with good news. Nice way for this fellow to start a vacation.

Fuck cancer.
Teacher's Pet
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby Pasta on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Teacher's Pet wrote:The relatively minor things which cause crankiness in me & my household make me feel like an asshole compared to this.

My coworker just emailed me with good news. Nice way for this fellow to start a vacation.

Fuck cancer.

Do not feel like an asshole. There are no logical comparisons for living with this disease. It is neither greater than nor lesser than.

It truley is an experiment in existential living. Just because I have a life threatening illness doesn't mean my dat to day
Pasta

Postby Pasta on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:23 pm

I hate to do this again. Almost had a siezure a week and a half ago, had gone Hypothyroid. Today was my first day back at work. But, just missed all that pay, while the Lady's been off work and back in Chicago, helping her dad recover from his bone marrow transplant. So no income. If any of you can help, even the smallest sum.

Everytime it seems like we've turned a corner, cancer and it's symptoms seem to throw us a block.

PM if you can.

FUCK
Pasta

Postby Janeway on Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:10 am

that's a triple 1-2-3 life punch when you feel past the medical woes and then there's a flare up or a set back that throws you right back into "am I dying again ?" town and you're just trying to live and the folks who did help you through that terrible time have their own terrible stuff going on so you not only don't have the full support you need, but you also feel like you're being prevented from giving yourself to help them in their times of need when you can be the one to carry the weight, and then when there's a new tradgedy someone else's illness becomes priority and the fact that you're not in a dying state is wonderful but the next steps down are a struggle to move up and you just need help sometimes. it's not fair to come out of the hospital broke as bad dick, but that's why they call survival.

fm pasta you're a god damned cancer survivor, that's surviving your own reality survivor tv horror show, which makes you a rockstar. even rockstars get fucked over financially, just know the fact that you have the guts to ask for help when you need it is balls to the wall because nobody wants to have to ask, but it's just the world we're living it. money comes and goes, i hope a big patch is headed your way.
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion