home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Jon Solomon's 24-hour Holiday Radio Show

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Jon Solomon's 25-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby jonsolomon on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:14 pm

Here we go again!

The annual start of December reminder - my 27th Annual Holday Radio Show can be heard on 103.3 fm WPRB / http://www.wprb.com starting this Christmas Eve at 5:00 pm ET until Christmas day at 6:00 pm ET.

25 hours for the third straight year!

There will be links to both the "live listener chat" and "in-studio webcam" on WPRB's web site day of show.

Facebook invite:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1489352518037644/

I've also made a "public call for Christmas stories" that's worth checking out:
http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2773

If you have submissions to send or links to share, don't hesitate to get in touch.

That's what keeps the show new and interesting on both sides of the microphone each year!

Thanks.

Happy Holidays!

Jon

Jon Solomon
jon@wprb.com
http://www.keepingscoreathome.com
http://www.facebook.com/keepingscoreathome
http://www.twitter.com/comedyminusone
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:18 pm
Location: Mercer County, NJ

Re: Jon Solomon's 25-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby jonsolomon on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:54 pm

This! Is! Tomorrow!

Can't wait.

jonsolomon wrote:Here we go again!

The annual start of December reminder - my 27th Annual Holday Radio Show can be heard on 103.3 fm WPRB / http://www.wprb.com starting this Christmas Eve at 5:00 pm ET until Christmas day at 6:00 pm ET.

25 hours for the third straight year!

There will be links to both the "live listener chat" and "in-studio webcam" on WPRB's web site day of show.

Facebook invite:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1489352518037644/

I've also made a "public call for Christmas stories" that's worth checking out:
http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2773

If you have submissions to send or links to share, don't hesitate to get in touch.

That's what keeps the show new and interesting on both sides of the microphone each year!

Thanks.

Happy Holidays!

Jon

Jon Solomon
jon@wprb.com
http://www.keepingscoreathome.com
http://www.facebook.com/keepingscoreathome
http://www.twitter.com/comedyminusone
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:18 pm
Location: Mercer County, NJ

Re: Jon Solomon's 25-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby Jorsh Horsely on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:57 pm

jonsolomon wrote:This! Is! Tomorrow!

Can't wait.

jonsolomon wrote:Here we go again!

The annual start of December reminder - my 27th Annual Holday Radio Show can be heard on 103.3 fm WPRB / http://www.wprb.com starting this Christmas Eve at 5:00 pm ET until Christmas day at 6:00 pm ET.

25 hours for the third straight year!

There will be links to both the "live listener chat" and "in-studio webcam" on WPRB's web site day of show.

Facebook invite:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1489352518037644/

I've also made a "public call for Christmas stories" that's worth checking out:
http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2773

If you have submissions to send or links to share, don't hesitate to get in touch.

That's what keeps the show new and interesting on both sides of the microphone each year!

Thanks.

Happy Holidays!

Jon

Jon Solomon
jon@wprb.com
http://www.keepingscoreathome.com
http://www.facebook.com/keepingscoreathome
http://www.twitter.com/comedyminusone


Bless you!
User avatar
Jorsh Horsely
bocce bowler
bocce bowler
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:10 pm
Location: South Bend, IN

Re: Jon Solomon's 24-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby jonsolomon on Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:57 am

https://soundcloud.com/joel-r-l-phelps/ ... -wprb-xmas

Joel RL Phelps did a song for this year's marathon.

Here it is collected with songs from past Xmas shows.
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:18 pm
Location: Mercer County, NJ

Re: Jon Solomon's 24-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby jonsolomon on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:49 pm

jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:18 pm
Location: Mercer County, NJ

Re: Jon Solomon's 24-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby jonsolomon on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:11 am

MARK IT DOWN: My 2016 WPRB Membership Drive show is Wednesday, October 19 from 7-10 pm ET.

I'm really worried about this one.

Will post again about it next week but I did want to mention that our friends in Shellac have offered a pair of tickets to their Philadelphia show plus a signed copy of "Dude Incredible" as part of the evening's grand prize raffle pack.

Will also have a lot of other great LPs/CDs you can win by pledging.

More details here: http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2980

jonsolomon wrote:HEY!

If you enjoy the Xmas marathon and/or my weekly show on 103.3 fm WPRB, I hope you will show your support to the station WEDNESDAY NIGHT (that’s tomorrow) from 7-10 pm ET when I host my lone 2015 Membership Drive program.

Pledge by phone: 609.258.1033
Pledge by Internet: http://pledge.wprb.com

If you donate $45 or more by phone DURING MY SHOW, you'll be in the running for prize packs that include Jon Solomon-endorsed releases by Merge, Sub Pop, Slumberland, Matador, Goner, Relapse, Slovenly, Chunklet, Don Giovanni and Kill Rock Stars, not to mention a pair of tickets to see Tortoise in Philadelphia *and* a pair of tickets to see Scharpling + Wurster in Philadelphia (plus a signed poster) as part of an amazing grand prize package.

All donations are TAX DEDUCTIBLE.

My goal is 100 donations in three hours DURING MY SHOW and I can't get there without the PRF's support! This forum is a huge reason why we reached this goal last year.

Very much looking forward to reading your names on the air.

Jon
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:18 pm
Location: Mercer County, NJ

Re: Jon Solomon's 24-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby jonsolomon on Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:01 pm

Tonight! 7-10 pm ET!

609.258.1033

pledge.wprb.com

Can't wait to read your name(s) over the radio(s)!

Jon

jonsolomon wrote:MARK IT DOWN: My 2016 WPRB Membership Drive show is Wednesday, October 19 from 7-10 pm ET.

I'm really worried about this one.

Will post again about it next week but I did want to mention that our friends in Shellac have offered a pair of tickets to their Philadelphia show plus a signed copy of "Dude Incredible" as part of the evening's grand prize raffle pack.

Will also have a lot of other great LPs/CDs you can win by pledging.

More details here: http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2980

jonsolomon wrote:HEY!

If you enjoy the Xmas marathon and/or my weekly show on 103.3 fm WPRB, I hope you will show your support to the station WEDNESDAY NIGHT (that’s tomorrow) from 7-10 pm ET when I host my lone 2015 Membership Drive program.

Pledge by phone: 609.258.1033
Pledge by Internet: http://pledge.wprb.com

If you donate $45 or more by phone DURING MY SHOW, you'll be in the running for prize packs that include Jon Solomon-endorsed releases by Merge, Sub Pop, Slumberland, Matador, Goner, Relapse, Slovenly, Chunklet, Don Giovanni and Kill Rock Stars, not to mention a pair of tickets to see Tortoise in Philadelphia *and* a pair of tickets to see Scharpling + Wurster in Philadelphia (plus a signed poster) as part of an amazing grand prize package.

All donations are TAX DEDUCTIBLE.

My goal is 100 donations in three hours DURING MY SHOW and I can't get there without the PRF's support! This forum is a huge reason why we reached this goal last year.

Very much looking forward to reading your names on the air.

Jon
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:18 pm
Location: Mercer County, NJ

Re: Jon Solomon's 25-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby jonsolomon on Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:57 am

Halloween? OVER!

Time to turn your attention towards recording a "Christmas Story" for this year's Xmas marathon on WPRB.

2016 details (which are shockingly similar to prior years) ahoy:

http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2993

So much great material has come out of the EA camp in the past and I hope that trend continues!

jonsolomon wrote:Here we go again:

I know it is barely November but the time has come to open the “Christmas Stories" submission floodgates for the 2015 installment of my 25-Hour Holiday Radio Show on WPRB.

In 2011-2014, Mac McCaughan (Superchunk), wrestler/author Mick Foley, Glenn Mercer (The Feelies), Tom Scharpling (“The Best Show”), director Lance Bangs, Screaming Females, Chris Brokaw, Jennifer O’Connor, Peter Prescott (Mission of Burma/Volcano Suns/Minibeast), Rick Rizzo (Eleventh Dream Day), David Hill (“Snap Judgement”, “This American Life”), Sadie Dupuis (Speedy Ortiz), Jon Daly (“Kroll Show”), Nick Thorburn (Islands), Doug Gillard, Rebecca Clay Cole (Wild Flag), Bill Goffrier (The Embarrassment/Big Dipper), Joel R.L. Phelps (Silkworm/The Downer Trio), Seth Herzog (“The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon”), Boston Red Sox organist Josh Kantor, actor Ethan Sandler (“Crossing Jordan”), Matthew Reid-Schwartz (Kinski), The Rutabega and many other remarkable folks have recorded pieces for the marathon.

That list doesn’t even include the work of talented EA Forum members like S. Sowley, J. Skolnik & N. Markowski…

The deadline is December 21st and all other details, plus HOURS of original content can be found by following the provided link.

http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2773

I must now deal with the four pumpkins on my porch,

Jon
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:18 pm
Location: Mercer County, NJ

Re: Jon Solomon's 24-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby jonsolomon on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:47 am

Two weeks away! Keep sending songs, recording pieces and spreading the word!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1157206044317191/
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:18 pm
Location: Mercer County, NJ

Re: Jon Solomon's 24-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby jonsolomon on Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:03 am

The 25-Hour Holiday Radio Show is tomorrow. Egads.

Several EA forum members have recorded pieces I will debut during the marathon.

103.3 fm WPRB / wprb.com to listen.

5:00 pm ET on 12/24 -> 6:00 pm ET on 12/25.

Plenty of details on how to be a part of the show here:

http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=3057
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:18 pm
Location: Mercer County, NJ

Re: Jon Solomon's 24-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby matthew on Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:34 pm

I always look forward to the "Philly Night Before Christmas" on the marathon.

Listening to it now. So, so good....like uber-good.

If you've never lived in Philly, you won't get it.
...diesque nostros in tua pace disponas...
User avatar
matthew
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
 
Posts: 3490
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:38 pm
Location: Gens non sancta.

Re: Jon Solomon's 25-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby jonsolomon on Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:44 pm

You know what time it is!

Halloween is done.

November has begun.

It is time to start planning for the 25-Hour Holiday Radio Show on WPRB in earnest!

So many of you have recorded amazing pieces in the past and I'd love to hear what you have in store for 2017.

Submission details here:

http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=3204

Spread the word - and DM or email if you have any questions, please!

Jon

jonsolomon wrote:Halloween? OVER!

Time to turn your attention towards recording a "Christmas Story" for this year's Xmas marathon on WPRB.

2016 details (which are shockingly similar to prior years) ahoy:

http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2993

So much great material has come out of the EA camp in the past and I hope that trend continues!

jonsolomon wrote:Here we go again:

I know it is barely November but the time has come to open the “Christmas Stories" submission floodgates for the 2015 installment of my 25-Hour Holiday Radio Show on WPRB.

In 2011-2014, Mac McCaughan (Superchunk), wrestler/author Mick Foley, Glenn Mercer (The Feelies), Tom Scharpling (“The Best Show”), director Lance Bangs, Screaming Females, Chris Brokaw, Jennifer O’Connor, Peter Prescott (Mission of Burma/Volcano Suns/Minibeast), Rick Rizzo (Eleventh Dream Day), David Hill (“Snap Judgement”, “This American Life”), Sadie Dupuis (Speedy Ortiz), Jon Daly (“Kroll Show”), Nick Thorburn (Islands), Doug Gillard, Rebecca Clay Cole (Wild Flag), Bill Goffrier (The Embarrassment/Big Dipper), Joel R.L. Phelps (Silkworm/The Downer Trio), Seth Herzog (“The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon”), Boston Red Sox organist Josh Kantor, actor Ethan Sandler (“Crossing Jordan”), Matthew Reid-Schwartz (Kinski), The Rutabega and many other remarkable folks have recorded pieces for the marathon.

That list doesn’t even include the work of talented EA Forum members like S. Sowley, J. Skolnik & N. Markowski…

The deadline is December 21st and all other details, plus HOURS of original content can be found by following the provided link.

http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2773

I must now deal with the four pumpkins on my porch,

Jon
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:18 pm
Location: Mercer County, NJ

Re: Jon Solomon's 25-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby jonsolomon on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:56 pm

One week away!

jonsolomon wrote:You know what time it is!

Halloween is done.

November has begun.

It is time to start planning for the 25-Hour Holiday Radio Show on WPRB in earnest!

So many of you have recorded amazing pieces in the past and I'd love to hear what you have in store for 2017.

Submission details here:

http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=3204

Spread the word - and DM or email if you have any questions, please!

Jon

jonsolomon wrote:Halloween? OVER!

Time to turn your attention towards recording a "Christmas Story" for this year's Xmas marathon on WPRB.

2016 details (which are shockingly similar to prior years) ahoy:

http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2993

So much great material has come out of the EA camp in the past and I hope that trend continues!

jonsolomon wrote:Here we go again:

I know it is barely November but the time has come to open the “Christmas Stories" submission floodgates for the 2015 installment of my 25-Hour Holiday Radio Show on WPRB.

In 2011-2014, Mac McCaughan (Superchunk), wrestler/author Mick Foley, Glenn Mercer (The Feelies), Tom Scharpling (“The Best Show”), director Lance Bangs, Screaming Females, Chris Brokaw, Jennifer O’Connor, Peter Prescott (Mission of Burma/Volcano Suns/Minibeast), Rick Rizzo (Eleventh Dream Day), David Hill (“Snap Judgement”, “This American Life”), Sadie Dupuis (Speedy Ortiz), Jon Daly (“Kroll Show”), Nick Thorburn (Islands), Doug Gillard, Rebecca Clay Cole (Wild Flag), Bill Goffrier (The Embarrassment/Big Dipper), Joel R.L. Phelps (Silkworm/The Downer Trio), Seth Herzog (“The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon”), Boston Red Sox organist Josh Kantor, actor Ethan Sandler (“Crossing Jordan”), Matthew Reid-Schwartz (Kinski), The Rutabega and many other remarkable folks have recorded pieces for the marathon.

That list doesn’t even include the work of talented EA Forum members like S. Sowley, J. Skolnik & N. Markowski…

The deadline is December 21st and all other details, plus HOURS of original content can be found by following the provided link.

http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2773

I must now deal with the four pumpkins on my porch,

Jon
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:18 pm
Location: Mercer County, NJ

Re: Jon Solomon's 24-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby motorbike guy on Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:01 pm

Man, the classical guy was really talking you up this morning. He, of course, had to hype the 12 hour classical Xmas marathon leading up to your show, and then he also had to hype the 25hr modern classical marathon they are doing over NYE. But he was pushing your gig hard!

Getting psyched. Kind of sad I won't be driving to and from work during the show, but I will listen as much as possible at home - much to the annoyance of my family!
Robert Ohlmstead wrote:Our warlike impulses and warlike pride are dangerously coupled with our insufferable vanity, our permanent immaturity, our lives of fear and pleasure.
User avatar
motorbike guy
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4120
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:49 pm
Location: hope well

Re: Jon Solomon's 24-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby jonsolomon on Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:05 pm

motorbike guy wrote:Man, the classical guy was really talking you up this morning. He, of course, had to hype the 12 hour classical Xmas marathon leading up to your show, and then he also had to hype the 25hr modern classical marathon they are doing over NYE. But he was pushing your gig hard!

Getting psyched. Kind of sad I won't be driving to and from work during the show, but I will listen as much as possible at home - much to the annoyance of my family!


Pretty sure I ran into this guy at Hebrew School tonight and he told me the exact same thing!
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:18 pm
Location: Mercer County, NJ

Re: Jon Solomon's 25-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby jonsolomon on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:06 pm

TONIGHT!

The marathon begins 5:00 pm ET Christmas Eve and goes until 6:00 pm ET on Christmas day.

103.3 fm WPRB / wprb.com

Featuring many new recordings by folks on this forum, I am happy to report.

Everything else you need:
http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=3278

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

jonsolomon wrote:One week away!

jonsolomon wrote:You know what time it is!

Halloween is done.

November has begun.

It is time to start planning for the 25-Hour Holiday Radio Show on WPRB in earnest!

So many of you have recorded amazing pieces in the past and I'd love to hear what you have in store for 2017.

Submission details here:

http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=3204

Spread the word - and DM or email if you have any questions, please!

Jon

jonsolomon wrote:Halloween? OVER!

Time to turn your attention towards recording a "Christmas Story" for this year's Xmas marathon on WPRB.

2016 details (which are shockingly similar to prior years) ahoy:

http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2993

So much great material has come out of the EA camp in the past and I hope that trend continues!

jonsolomon wrote:Here we go again:

I know it is barely November but the time has come to open the “Christmas Stories" submission floodgates for the 2015 installment of my 25-Hour Holiday Radio Show on WPRB.

In 2011-2014, Mac McCaughan (Superchunk), wrestler/author Mick Foley, Glenn Mercer (The Feelies), Tom Scharpling (“The Best Show”), director Lance Bangs, Screaming Females, Chris Brokaw, Jennifer O’Connor, Peter Prescott (Mission of Burma/Volcano Suns/Minibeast), Rick Rizzo (Eleventh Dream Day), David Hill (“Snap Judgement”, “This American Life”), Sadie Dupuis (Speedy Ortiz), Jon Daly (“Kroll Show”), Nick Thorburn (Islands), Doug Gillard, Rebecca Clay Cole (Wild Flag), Bill Goffrier (The Embarrassment/Big Dipper), Joel R.L. Phelps (Silkworm/The Downer Trio), Seth Herzog (“The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon”), Boston Red Sox organist Josh Kantor, actor Ethan Sandler (“Crossing Jordan”), Matthew Reid-Schwartz (Kinski), The Rutabega and many other remarkable folks have recorded pieces for the marathon.

That list doesn’t even include the work of talented EA Forum members like S. Sowley, J. Skolnik & N. Markowski…

The deadline is December 21st and all other details, plus HOURS of original content can be found by following the provided link.

http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2773

I must now deal with the four pumpkins on my porch,

Jon
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:18 pm
Location: Mercer County, NJ

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 9 guests