home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Jon Solomon's 24-hour Holiday Radio Show

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Jon Solomon's 24-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby jonsolomon on Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:13 pm

HEY!

If you enjoy this program and/or my weekly show on 103.3 fm WPRB, I hope you will show your support to the station tonight from 7-10 pm ET when I host my lone 2014 Membership Drive program.

Pledge by phone: 609.258.1033
Pledge by Internet: http://pledge.wprb.com

If you donate $45 or more by phone DURING MY SHOW, you'll be in the running for prize packs that include Jon Solomon-endorsed releases by Dark Entries, Last Laugh, Siltbreeze, Taang! and Castle Face. The grand prize bundle also includes a pair of tickets to see The Grifters play a reunion show in New York City next month.

All donations are TAX DEDUCTIBLE.

My goal is 100 donations in three hours DURING MY SHOW and I can't get there without the PRF's support!

Look forward to reading your names on the air tonight.

Jon
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov

Postby tallchris on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:08 pm

BUMP.
Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
tallchris
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby barndog on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:23 pm

Donated.
barndog
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Re: Jon Solomon's 25-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby jonsolomon on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:46 pm

Absurdly talented friends and peers: I know it is early November but the time has come to open the "Christmas stories" submission floodgates for the 2014 installment of my 25-Hour Holiday Radio Show on WPRB.

In 2011-2013, Mac McCaughan (Superchunk), Glenn Mercer (The Feelies), Tom Scharpling ("The Best Show on WFMU"), director Lance Bangs, Screaming Females, Chris Brokaw, Jennifer O'Connor, Peter Prescott (Mission of Burma/Volcano Suns/Minibeast), Rick Rizzo (Eleventh Dream Day), David Hill ("Snap Judgement", "This American Life"), Sadie Dupuis (Speedy Ortiz), Jon Daly ("Kroll Show", "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty"), Nick Thorburn (Islands), Doug Gillard, Rebecca Clay Cole (Wild Flag), Bill Goffrier (The Embarrassment/Big Dipper), Joel R.L. Phelps (Silkworm/The Downer Trio), Seth Herzog ("Late Night with Jimmy Fallon"), Boston Red Sox organist Josh Kantor, actor Ethan Sandler ("Crossing Jordan") and many other remarkable folks have recorded exclusive pieces for the marathon.

I hope your ska band and/or improv troupe will consider doing something for the show.

The deadline is December 20th and all other details, plus HOURS of original content can be found by following the provided link.

http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2430

What will be this year's "Surfin Santa"?

ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

Jon
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov

Re: Jon Solomon's 25-hour Holiday Radio Show

Postby jonsolomon on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:36 am

The show is tonight from 5:00 pm ET until 12/25 at 6:00 pm ET.

I hope you can listen.

Everything you need to know about this year's marathon can be found here:
http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2476

Happy Holidays!

Jon
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov

Postby Carl on Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:48 pm

jrlp set begins now.
dvockins wrote:That is the most pretentious bullshit I have heard in the last three years and I live in Brooklyn.
Carl
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby Hosoi on Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:21 pm

Carl wrote:jrlp set begins now.

This is the best part of Christmas. Phelps hymns!

Thanks, jonsolomon!
Hosoi
dag hammarskjöld
dag hammarskjöld

Postby garthplinko on Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:11 pm

great job as usual Jon!
garthplinko

Postby Sowley on Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:52 am

Man, there are few things better than hearing Jon Solomon back announce a set. Excellent work per usual.
Stephen Sowley
scsowley@gmail.com

"...When last year, I spent more money on spilled liquor in bars from one side of this world to the other, than you made."--Ric Flair
Sowley
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby matthew on Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:50 pm

This is the second year in the past 20 that I've missed all of it. Oh well.
...diesque nostros in tua pace disponas...
matthew

Postby four_oclocker_2 on Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:07 pm

This was my first tuning it and it was great! You guys remember that Scrawl christmas song? Or the all Fall set? Or that fucked up 20 minute version of "Little Drummer Boy" with the vocoder? Jeez, what a selection!

Props to SLMN for doing this, and many thanks for airing my silly piece of "Christmas journalism." This is going to become a yearly tradition for me, I'm sure of it.
Unofficial Pono spokesperson.

SELF/KJ/SAR/BP
SUMMER OF DOUG'S
four_oclocker_2
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby Arson Smith on Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:20 pm

Since I couldn't stick through to the very end... who/what was the ultimate celebrity retweet?

Last I'd heard, Melissa Etheridge had ousted Right Said Fred... anything else come down the pipe?

(Maybe if I were Twitterriffic I could figure this out myself, but let's just assume that I'm not...)
My mind, it's a terrible diskette.
Arson Smith
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby jonsolomon on Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:06 pm

Arson Smith wrote:Since I couldn't stick through to the very end... who/what was the ultimate celebrity retweet?

Last I'd heard, Melissa Etheridge had ousted Right Said Fred... anything else come down the pipe?

(Maybe if I were Twitterriffic I could figure this out myself, but let's just assume that I'm not...)

Unless I discover something I missed after the fact, The Melissa Etheridge RT was the winner.

Someone has suggested that she and RSF do an Xmas duet next year.

I am not opposed to this idea on principle.

Thank you to all who listened, contributed pieces and checked in during the marathon. That was some fun.

Jon
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov

Postby Jorsh Horsely on Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:30 pm

You are the best, Jon. Hope you got some rest, post-awesome.
Jorsh Horsely
bocce bowler
bocce bowler

Postby jonsolomon on Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:29 pm

HEY!

If you enjoy the Xmas marathon and/or my weekly show on 103.3 fm WPRB, I hope you will show your support to the station WEDNESDAY NIGHT (that’s tomorrow) from 7-10 pm ET when I host my lone 2015 Membership Drive program.

If you donate $45 or more by phone DURING MY SHOW, you'll be in the running for prize packs that include Jon Solomon-endorsed releases by Merge, Sub Pop, Slumberland, Matador, Goner, Relapse, Slovenly, Chunklet, Don Giovanni and Kill Rock Stars, not to mention a pair of tickets to see Tortoise in Philadelphia *and* a pair of tickets to see Scharpling + Wurster in Philadelphia (plus a signed poster) as part of an amazing grand prize package.

My goal is 100 donations in three hours DURING MY SHOW and I can't get there without the PRF's support! This forum is a huge reason why we reached this goal last year.

Very much looking forward to reading your names on the air.

Jon
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov

Postby jonsolomon on Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:08 pm

THIS BEGINS...NOW!!

jonsolomon wrote:HEY!

If you enjoy the Xmas marathon and/or my weekly show on 103.3 fm WPRB, I hope you will show your support to the station WEDNESDAY NIGHT (that’s tomorrow) from 7-10 pm ET when I host my lone 2015 Membership Drive program.

If you donate $45 or more by phone DURING MY SHOW, you'll be in the running for prize packs that include Jon Solomon-endorsed releases by Merge, Sub Pop, Slumberland, Matador, Goner, Relapse, Slovenly, Chunklet, Don Giovanni and Kill Rock Stars, not to mention a pair of tickets to see Tortoise in Philadelphia *and* a pair of tickets to see Scharpling + Wurster in Philadelphia (plus a signed poster) as part of an amazing grand prize package.

My goal is 100 donations in three hours DURING MY SHOW and I can't get there without the PRF's support! This forum is a huge reason why we reached this goal last year.

Very much looking forward to reading your names on the air.

Jon
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov

Postby elisha wiesner on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:43 pm

Donated!
elisha wiesner
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby four_oclocker_2 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:10 pm

YOU'VE GOT THREE MINUTES! BE COOL LIKE ELISHA AND I AND DONATE TONIGHT!
Unofficial Pono spokesperson.

SELF/KJ/SAR/BP
SUMMER OF DOUG'S
four_oclocker_2

Postby jonsolomon on Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:25 pm

Here we go again:

I know it is barely November but the time has come to open the “Christmas Stories" submission floodgates for the 2015 installment of my 25-Hour Holiday Radio Show on WPRB.

In 2011-2014, Mac McCaughan (Superchunk), wrestler/author Mick Foley, Glenn Mercer (The Feelies), Tom Scharpling (“The Best Show”), director Lance Bangs, Screaming Females, Chris Brokaw, Jennifer O’Connor, Peter Prescott (Mission of Burma/Volcano Suns/Minibeast), Rick Rizzo (Eleventh Dream Day), David Hill (“Snap Judgement”, “This American Life”), Sadie Dupuis (Speedy Ortiz), Jon Daly (“Kroll Show”), Nick Thorburn (Islands), Doug Gillard, Rebecca Clay Cole (Wild Flag), Bill Goffrier (The Embarrassment/Big Dipper), Joel R.L. Phelps (Silkworm/The Downer Trio), Seth Herzog (“The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon”), Boston Red Sox organist Josh Kantor, actor Ethan Sandler (“Crossing Jordan”), Matthew Reid-Schwartz (Kinski), The Rutabega and many other remarkable folks have recorded pieces for the marathon.

That list doesn’t even include the work of talented EA Forum members like S. Sowley, J. Skolnik & N. Markowski…

The deadline is December 21st and all other details, plus HOURS of original content can be found by following the provided link.

http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2773

I must now deal with the four pumpkins on my porch,

Jon
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov

Postby jonsolomon on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:10 am

I should add that songs inspired by The Fall, The Ramones and/or The Misfits will get priority status! - JS

jonsolomon wrote:Here we go again:

I know it is barely November but the time has come to open the “Christmas Stories" submission floodgates for the 2015 installment of my 25-Hour Holiday Radio Show on WPRB.

In 2011-2014, Mac McCaughan (Superchunk), wrestler/author Mick Foley, Glenn Mercer (The Feelies), Tom Scharpling (“The Best Show”), director Lance Bangs, Screaming Females, Chris Brokaw, Jennifer O’Connor, Peter Prescott (Mission of Burma/Volcano Suns/Minibeast), Rick Rizzo (Eleventh Dream Day), David Hill (“Snap Judgement”, “This American Life”), Sadie Dupuis (Speedy Ortiz), Jon Daly (“Kroll Show”), Nick Thorburn (Islands), Doug Gillard, Rebecca Clay Cole (Wild Flag), Bill Goffrier (The Embarrassment/Big Dipper), Joel R.L. Phelps (Silkworm/The Downer Trio), Seth Herzog (“The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon”), Boston Red Sox organist Josh Kantor, actor Ethan Sandler (“Crossing Jordan”), Matthew Reid-Schwartz (Kinski), The Rutabega and many other remarkable folks have recorded pieces for the marathon.

That list doesn’t even include the work of talented EA Forum members like S. Sowley, J. Skolnik & N. Markowski…

The deadline is December 21st and all other details, plus HOURS of original content can be found by following the provided link.

http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2773

I must now deal with the four pumpkins on my porch,

Jon
jonsolomon
boris badenov
boris badenov

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion