Page 5 of 6

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:53 pm
by jeff_fox
Jodi S. wrote:
154 wrote:p.s. Jodi took a group photo, hopefully she'll post it here.


Indeed I did. Keep in mind it was late, I had just turned old, and, um, well. OK HERE'S THE GODDAMNED PICTURE.

Image
Miscreant Seeds by samuraiphotog, on Flickr


that is rad.

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:46 pm
by corleoni
Thanks for posting this and for publishing the page. It's been a great inspiration over the past few days

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:54 pm
by corleoni
- inspiring not only in terms of dealing with shit, but in terms of creativity, ideas and projects... Approaching them with the life and vigor that gave birth to them... Reinvesting that original spark back into them... Very cool...

Thanks Steve and contributors and John Grabski for living with courage

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:40 pm
by garble
I am sorry to have missed the awesomeness of John but I am touched and amazed at your generosity of words and music and... just giving the guy great support and help.

Fucking amazing. Thank you.

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:04 pm
by 154

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:10 pm
by the Classical
Thank you Caffeinated Recordings, it sounds brilliant. Honored and humbled to play these songs with these folks.

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:26 pm
by TheRealDonahue
Man, I joined this forum to post a goofy picture of Ani DiFranco, RZA, and Steve, and I end up in tears.

What a sad, horrific, depressing, but ultimately uplifting story. I'll be buying this record soon.

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:05 pm
by jeff_fox
TheRealDonahue wrote:Man, I joined this forum to post a goofy picture of Ani DiFranco, RZA, and Steve, and I end up in tears.

What a sad, horrific, depressing, but ultimately uplifting story. I'll be buying this record soon.

You should DEFINITELY still post that picture.

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:08 pm
by Bradley R. Weissenberger
I met this man for a minute.

I think about him every day.

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:46 am
by resident
I don't come here often but was very moved by Steve's tip of the hat to Mr. Grabski. Truly inspiring.

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:59 pm
by steve
John Died a year ago today. I think about him and his life often. Good man, good life, well done.

Salut!

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:28 pm
by Pasta
steve wrote:John Died a year ago today. I think about him and his life often. Good man, good life, well done.

Salut!


He's been popping up on my Facebook feed a lot the last 3 days. Wish his widow, and child well. Fought this cunt disease with the utmost grace and dignity.

SALUT!

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:42 am
by Pasta
According to the FBOOK, today is John's Birthday!

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:59 pm
by kerble
Hey friends, feel like I'm toeing the line on self-promo here, but last night, Small Awesome unveiled a song we wrote in loving memory of John Grabski III. Here is a teaser of it.


for those inclined, the lyrics of this section:

And should the wraith choose I
I will adore you even more
across the great divide
I'm thinking about tomorrow
and what it brings
as it unfurls its wings

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:46 pm
by Ptommydski
Beautiful.

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:18 am
by musicgrl
kerble wrote:Hey friends, feel like I'm toeing the line on self-promo here, but last night, Small Awesome unveiled a song we wrote in loving memory of John Grabski III. Here is a teaser of it.


for those inclined, the lyrics of this section:

And should the wraith choose I
I will adore you even more
across the great divide
I'm thinking about tomorrow
and what it brings
as it unfurls its wings


Lovely and moving.

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:18 am
by musicgrl
kerble wrote:Hey friends, feel like I'm toeing the line on self-promo here, but last night, Small Awesome unveiled a song we wrote in loving memory of John Grabski III. Here is a teaser of it.


for those inclined, the lyrics of this section:

And should the wraith choose I
I will adore you even more
across the great divide
I'm thinking about tomorrow
and what it brings
as it unfurls its wings


Lovely and moving.

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:35 pm
by noise&light
Image

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:46 pm
by Pasta
I never bought a copy of the record, are there still some available, and where do i get them?

Re: John Grabski III memorial page

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:17 am
by noise&light
Pasta wrote:I never bought a copy of the record, are there still some available, and where do i get them?


Available here:
http://teethhasteeth.bandcamp.com/album/the-strain