home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Tell me about the post-racist New South again

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Tell me about the post-racist New South again

Postby Ranxerox on Sun May 10, 2015 12:20 pm

Most of what I get from the news these days, filled as it is with camera vids and off-the-record audio from the secret lives of white people, is that racism is alive and well in all sectors, especially anti-black racism (but not free of anti-white racism on the part of blacks, etc.).

Not to say the South doesn't have a particularly problematic history with race, especially anti-black racism, but we have to deeply absorb just how prevalent and far-reaching racism is wherever there are large populations of different groups, especially non-white groups living in some proximity to large populations of whites. Big cities, which tend to be most 'liberal,' also often have shockingly bad records where race and equality are concerned. Unless, as seems more and more the case, the larger urban areas have no blacks or drives them out (I am talking about you, Austin, Texas, '(skinless) blueberry in the tomato soup').

The human cognitive system is generally not that great at parsing out 'the race thing.' Many, many people cannot get past the first or second logical hurdle presented by the conundrum of what seems to be true about 'all those people' and the fact that thinking that way is rife with wrongheaded, cabbage-headed cognitive processing. On and on it goes.

Bleh ( I feel bad about posting this, as I assume everyone understands everything I offered...and yet I feel compelled to point out the obvious).
Ranxerox
penguinologist
penguinologist

Postby cwendeld on Sun May 10, 2015 4:37 pm

Ranxerox wrote:I feel bad about posting this.
I appreciated it. It is insightful, and even if most people already intuitively feel it, it deserves to be verbalized.
cwendeld
alderman
alderman

Postby Big John on Wed May 27, 2015 10:45 am

How can these racist southern hillbillys do this type of thing?

http://gawker.com/chicago-cop-fired-for ... 1707173176
Big John
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby alex maiolo on Wed May 27, 2015 2:04 pm

I know! But to be fair, they were probably inspired by Southerners.

'Hey man, what's the most racist, unprofessional thing we can do? I mean, like if we were actual Southerners!!!!"
Because Chicago has always been so free of race problems.

-A
dontfeartheringo wrote:If $100 is too much for you to spend on a microphone maybe you should find a new hobby. People like you seem to like Magic: The Gathering a lot.
alex maiolo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Big John on Wed May 27, 2015 2:13 pm

Of course down south they would use creative Taxidermy to put their stuffed catch in a prized location at the lodge.

In other news in the weird world of Big John I was out in the country over the weekend and in the back woods met a crazy electronic genius who is also a hunter taxidermist who is making electronic instruments and stomp boxes out of taxidermy animals.

Like this but more artfully done.

Big John

Postby Boombats on Wed May 27, 2015 8:22 pm

I'd like a black drug dealer with a TR-808 in his chest.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Boombats on Wed May 27, 2015 8:34 pm

Yeah that makes a lot of sense on this new page... :roll:

seriously all my drug dealers are white guys with cheesy circuit-bent toys in their heads.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Big John on Thu May 28, 2015 12:57 pm

If the drug dealer is a "meth dealer" There may not be space for both a full size TR-808 and an internal power supply. So you may end up having to use a external "Wall Wart" power supply.

But I am sure a unit like that would put a big pillow of sound with a solid bottom

Big John

Postby Zorg on Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:19 pm

Hate-bump
Zorg
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby unsaved on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:00 pm

unsaved
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby warmowski on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:17 pm

warmowski
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby Awesome_Komodo on Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:09 am

I often refer to Athens,GA as Sherman's oversight,
Here comes the pissball, shithead - get ready!
Awesome_Komodo
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby Gramsci on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:42 am

Great time today in The South today in the Truman Show set of Seaside when we overheard a Hillbillies with Money couple whisper "I can't believe they let Hispanics in here" while ordering.

Context, I've been told by friends in Atlanta that the Realtors in Seaside don't sell to Blacks and Hispanics. The place is so white we started a "Spot the Other Minority" game. One day zero... even the service workers all look like A&F ad people. This is the American South and I'm sure Vermont has more minorities...

Is this sort of shit - I mean privatised communities in the South that segregate via "legal means" - normal?

And WTF is with all the Confederate Flags?!?!? "As a foreigner" what I don't get is that surely it should be regarded as treason to fly one of those right? They fucking lost a Civil War
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby numberthirty on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:53 am

Gramsci wrote:And WTF is with all the Confederate Flags?!?!? "As a foreigner" what I don't get is that surely it should be regarded as treason to fly one of those right? They fucking lost a Civil War

Dude, that is a whole can of worms.
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby numberthirty on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:17 am

Also, look up "Town Line, New York".
numberthirty

Postby jimmy two hands on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:05 am

Gramsci wrote:And WTF is with all the Confederate Flags?!?!? "As a foreigner" what I don't get is that surely it should be regarded as treason to fly one of those right? They fucking lost a Civil War

The South has a lot of whiney loser babies who are still pissed 150 years after the fact that they are no longer allowed to own human beings. And America in general, north and south, has a bunch of assholes who like to fly the treason flag to show their support of a racial caste system.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands

Postby blackmarket on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:28 am

numberthirty wrote:Also, look up "Town Line, New York".

Gramsci talks about the year 2015 in the southern United States. numberthirty talks about 1861 in the North. I don not expect him to understand how these two things are not even remotely the same.
blackmarket
"kick a ginger day" victim

Postby blackmarket on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:59 pm

Steve V. wrote:
jimmy two hands wrote:

The South has a lot of whiney loser babies who are still pissed 150 years after the fact that they are no longer allowed to own human beings. And America in general, north and south, has a bunch of assholes who like to fly the treason flag to show their support of a racial caste system.

Could also be that a Southerner is proud to have come from a bloodline that dealt with a complete savaging on behalf of Union troops and rebuilt their economy/society while also contributing to the American arts canon.

The southern United States did not rise, and even today, does not survive by its own hand. It has never really learned to exist and be self-sustaining without that olde-tyme subsidy of slaved, human labor. The largest welfare states (states that receive more money from the federal government than they pay to it), exist in the South. This fits the trend. In its politics, we can see a habit that veers toward serfdom. For all it's posturing as a "rebel" stronghold, time, and time again, we see Southern culture pay fealty to wealth and power.
Last edited by blackmarket on Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackmarket

Postby numberthirty on Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:15 pm

Without picking a side...

The Great Chicago Fire happened six years after The Civil War. In addition to most everyone being able to tell you about it, there are a shitload of fire hydrants all over the city.

That fire was not set intentionally.

This was done on purpose at roughly the same time, and almost no one can tell you about it. Hell, people say "Just get over it." Better yet, they call the folks who were imprisoned there "Loser babies".

http://www.wbez.org/series/curious-city/chicagos-forgotten-civil-war-prison-camp-111688
numberthirty

Postby blackmarket on Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:25 pm

numberthirty wrote:Without picking a side...

The Great Chicago Fire happened six years after The Civil War. In addition to most everyone being able to tell you about it, there are a shitload of fire hydrants all over the city.

That fire was not set intentionally.

This was done on purpose at roughly the same time, and almost no one can tell you about it. Hell, people say "Just get over it." Better yet, they call the folks who were imprisoned there "Loser babies".

http://www.wbez.org/series/curious-city/chicagos-forgotten-civil-war-prison-camp-111688

I know you aren't picking sides or anything, but...

I don't think anyone really cares. The institutions these men were fighting to uphold no doubt paled in comparison to what was going on in those camps. Perhaps getting a taste of one's own medicine?
blackmarket

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion