osama bin laden

Re: JASON MOLINA Tribute page

Postby Jorsh Horsely on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:29 pm

Jorsh Horsely
assistant intern
assistant intern

Postby sbartolomei on Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:33 pm

Pleased to share this with the forum....Linked below is a new tribute compilation of Jason Molina songs, available as double LP or download. The release was facilitated by New Hampshire based label Burst and Bloom along with a new vinyl label called Haint Records.The cover art is a Molina painting. It's quite a beautiful package. Proceeds go to the Molina estate.

I got to meet a few other contributors last weekend at release gigs in Brooklyn, NY and in Portsmouth, NH. There are some really fine folks involved, and many stories were shared about Jason's music and influence. There were a few unique renditions of Songs:Ohia and Magnolia tunes. The New Hampshire gig ended in a improvised jam of John Henry Split My Heart and Farewell Transmission, led by Thalia Zedek and her band.

Here is the link to the website. Each contributor has a page with a story about Jason's influence on their music and the song he/she chose. Enjoy.

http://www.staticanddistance.com/
sbartolomei
sister
sister

Postby musicgrl on Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:58 am

sbartolomei wrote:Pleased to share this with the forum....Linked below is a new tribute compilation of Jason Molina songs, available as double LP or download. The release was facilitated by New Hampshire based label Burst and Bloom along with a new vinyl label called Haint Records.The cover art is a Molina painting. It's quite a beautiful package. Proceeds go to the Molina estate.

I got to meet a few other contributors last weekend at release gigs in Brooklyn, NY and in Portsmouth, NH. There are some really fine folks involved, and many stories were shared about Jason's music and influence. There were a few unique renditions of Songs:Ohia and Magnolia tunes. The New Hampshire gig ended in a improvised jam of John Henry Split My Heart and Farewell Transmission, led by Thalia Zedek and her band.

Here is the link to the website. Each contributor has a page with a story about Jason's influence on their music and the song he/she chose. Enjoy.

http://www.staticanddistance.com/

Thank you for posting. A lovely contribution from Marissa Nadler is included.

https://soundcloud.com/marissanadler/its-easier-now
musicgrl
warren spahn
warren spahn

Postby landspeednyc on Sat May 13, 2017 11:30 am

landspeednyc
julia sweeney
julia sweeney

Postby hatemyway on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:01 pm

I have not logged into this board for years. But today I listened to Songs:Ohia's Magnolia Electric Company for the first time. I was stunned, amazed, blown away by the writing and his voice.

I wish I discovered Jason Molina when he was around. I am really bummed that I missed this boat.

Anyway. Extensive googling brought me here and I amazingly remembered my username (and after many many guesses) and password. Good to be back.
hatemyway
seminarian
seminarian

Postby tallchris on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:04 pm

Have anyone heard if SC is planning on a vinyl pressing of Sojourner, or at the very least Nashville Moon?
Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
tallchris
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby landspeednyc on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:36 pm

Songs: Molina: September 8, 2017 Hopscotch Music Festival (Raleigh, NC)

http://www.nyctaper.com/2017/10/songs-m ... aleigh-nc/
landspeednyc
julia sweeney
julia sweeney

Postby Facundo on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:36 pm

As a late fan of Jason Molina and all his music and projects i have to say few things.

He was a genuis, not the kind of genious which does extravagant things. As far as I met him his extravagances were understandable and affordable for mosts of humans. He never knew he was a genius, or he was the kind of genius giving more importance to be humble than being aware or proud fulltime of his musical talent. An humble genius always give more freedom to the society not only in the forms of music or arts. I'm with the idea which him, like others in the past, in other cirumnstances did follow the same path which socrates draw until that fucking poison cup, as a master of that fun and benefit given deserved for him no economic profit. He lived what he touched and what he told about. Maybe he's dead but his beautiful and sad world is still a live. In that sad world i also knew before hearing for the first time Jason's music, beauty is a form of escapism

I remember the day he died, i couldn't sleep so i went to the kitchen to smoke one marlboro cigar afer the preivous, seeing my smoke and image in the glass acting as a mirror with the ligths out in the ohter side.
Facundo
cats
cats

Previous

Return to General Discussion