home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Notable Reissues Thread.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby Gramsci on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:23 am

Tools are back

https://store.touchandgorecords.com/pro ... blacktools

I ordered a replacement for my 17 year old, multi-redyed one...
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby enframed on Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:14 pm

Not exactly a reissue but a retrospective with many remastered tracks. I don't see a reissue of their actual LPs happening anytime soon.

Acetone 1992-2001

https://lightintheattic.net/releases/3197-1992-2001
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby mookie1010 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:39 pm

enframed wrote:Not exactly a reissue but a retrospective with many remastered tracks. I don't see a reissue of their actual LPs happening anytime soon.

Acetone 1992-2001

I saw this and was happy, but kinda bummed. Maybe I'm foolish for thinking that these dudes deserved a full numero style blowout of all their material, but I still kinda do. Everything they put out is top notch and has its own charm.
mookie1010
marshall
marshall

Postby enframed on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:24 am

mookie1010 wrote:
enframed wrote:Not exactly a reissue but a retrospective with many remastered tracks. I don't see a reissue of their actual LPs happening anytime soon.

Acetone 1992-2001

I saw this and was happy, but kinda bummed. Maybe I'm foolish for thinking that these dudes deserved a full numero style blowout of all their material...

Everything except Cindy, which is just OK.
Records for sale.

enframed

Postby Mama Clortho on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Acetone 1992-2001

Many thanks for introducing me to this record/band.

Which record should i hear next?
Mama Clortho
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran

Postby wellbutrin on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:52 pm

DuaneInHiding wrote:
wellbutrin wrote:Image

Juarez by Terry Allen

I've been very impressed with this record's ability to not get heard by people who should hear it. One of my favorite records of all time.

http://www.paradiseofbachelors.com/pob-26/

I never do anything but lurk, but this record has completely blown my mind. Thank you.

AnthonyVillalobos wrote:
wellbutrin wrote:Image

Juarez by Terry Allen

I've been very impressed with this record's ability to not get heard by people who should hear it. One of my favorite records of all time.

http://www.paradiseofbachelors.com/pob-26/

I bought this yesterday morning based off of your recommendation and boy, this record is a burner. It's great beyond belief, actually.

Even the packaging is mindblowing.

Thank you for the heads up on this. I plan on putting that download code to use tomorrow morning before my brother and I head out on a four hour drive into the early morning California desert on our quest to catch the Dead C live.

No problem. 1-year-later-bump-reply because there are probably people that still haven't heard this.
wellbutrin
agnes martin
agnes martin

Postby Defender on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:26 pm

you are correct! that album has made my dead night at work something special, thank you.
"a little red wine, vintage record, some Ambien ... and magic!"
- elon musk
Defender
arrow of light
arrow of light

Postby enframed on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:13 am

Mama Clortho wrote:

Acetone 1992-2001

Many thanks for introducing me to this record/band.

Which record should i hear next?

Just get whatever you can. IMHO, Cindy is the only just OK record. I should listen again, though, been years. I think if I was forced to pick a favorite I'd have a tough time choosing between Acetone and If You Only Knew. The Acetone EP and The Final Say EP are both real good as well.
Records for sale.

enframed

Postby Gramsci on Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:57 am

Rid of Me by PJ Harvey 180g vinyl has appeared on Amazon. I can find if it’s “a thing” or the record company cashing in.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby brephophagist on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:54 am

It's going for 600 USD so I'm guessing that's just some shitheel using "180g" the same way restaurants use "artisan".
brephophagist
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight

Postby Pasta on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:52 am

brephophagist wrote:I'm guessing that's just some shitheel using "180g" the same way restaurants use "artisan".

sigged
Ninety Five Cents? FUCK YOU!!! I'LL SKATE TO THE BEACH.
Pasta
Fucking Survivor....Fuck Cancer

Postby Major on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:44 am

The Tony Visconti remix of Lodger from the most recent David Bowie box set is outstanding. Don't know if it's being released as a standalone LP or not. They really did a great job with the whole box.

Fire finally did a legit reissue of Bark Psychosis' Hex, 2 LPs cut at 45 RPM. Outstanding.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Isabelle Gall on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:13 am

Major wrote:The Tony Visconti remix of Lodger from the most recent David Bowie box set is outstanding. Don't know if it's being released as a standalone LP or not. They really did a great job with the whole box.

'Nonexistant Quality Control on this Boxset'
Isabelle Gall
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Major on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:31 am

Isabelle Gall wrote:
Major wrote:The Tony Visconti remix of Lodger from the most recent David Bowie box set is outstanding. Don't know if it's being released as a standalone LP or not. They really did a great job with the whole box.

'Nonexistant Quality Control on this Boxset'

That's crazy! My Visconti Lodger sounds great. I listened to a few times with no issues. Low also sounds fantastic. "Heroes" is my least favorite of the Berlin albums, and I'll admit that when I was listening to it, I wasn't paying nearly as much attention as I did to the others. Come to think of it, I seem to recall hearing something odd, probably the mentioned volume drop. That sucks, thankfully I still have my originals.

Also, I got the LP box for the price of the CDs because of a preorder pricing error, so I still feel okay about the purchase.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Isabelle Gall on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:56 am

Seems like a lot of people are pushing for them to send out a corrected replacement of Heroes so that could be worth looking into. Also depending where you bought it you might be able to get a part-refund at least. Hope I haven't fucked up your enjoyment of the thing Major!
Isabelle Gall
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Major on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:07 am

Isabelle Gall wrote:Seems like a lot of people are pushing for them to send out a corrected replacement of Heroes so that could be worth looking into. Also depending where you bought it you might be able to get a part-refund at least. Hope I haven't fucked up your enjoyment of the thing Major!

I'm totally going to contact Amazon and demand a partial refund on an item I got an $80 discount on because they fucked up their preorder page!

Seriously, thank you, because if you didn't post that, I probably never would have known. Like I said, "Heroes" is not my jam, so the likelihood of me listening to it anytime soon is slim, pressing error or not.

I don't understand the other criticism, though. Low sounded fine, and the Visconti remix of Lodger is fantastic. Almost like a new album. Only other remastering job that's made me feel that way was FM steve's In Utero.

EDIT: I listened to the remastered "'Heroes'" on Spotify, and yeah, huge volume drop. Weird.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Major on Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:54 am

Amazon gave me a partial refund for the Bowie box, meaning I got it for roughly 60% off.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Major on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:04 am

Interesting:

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/ ... riticisms/

Heroes ‘change in volume’

In terms of the problem on the title track of Heroes, it was explained that this is down to an issue on the master tape. It was stressed that for all four albums, the label went back to the original analogue master tapes for new digital transfers (done at 192/24). The issue on the master tape of Heroes is described as a ‘loss of energy’ on that title track that starts at around the 2.42 mark, and lasts for about four or five seconds. Parlophone stressed that they were very keen to maintain the integrity of using the original master tape. So rather than ‘fly in’ a section from another tape generation or source (such as a safety copy) they kept to the original master tape transfer and the track Heroes was given a boost of high frequency during the period of this loss of energy. When this high frequency boost finishes (around the 2.50 mark) the effect creates the impression of a drop in volume but Parlophone insist that this simply isn’t the case. The level is consistent with the start. Again, Warner Music/Parlophone reject the notion that this disc is in any way faulty. You are listening to the original master tape with this slight frequency adjustment for a short period in the middle of Heroes to correct an issue inherent with the master tape itself. I asked why this issue on the master tape hadn’t come up before and was told that it was probably because this was the first time in a very long time that the original master tape was being used and no-one knows when the issue with the tape may have come about.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Buttcakefred on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:10 pm

Solid Space-Space Museum (Dark Entries)
High Rise-High Rise II (Black Editions)
My Bloody Valentine-Isn't Anything and Loveless (self released?)
Buttcakefred
useless piece of shit
useless piece of shit

Postby mrcancelled on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:11 pm

phpBB [media]

:smt007
mrcancelled
walter cronkite
walter cronkite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion