home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

PRF Thundersnow 2015- schedule and gear list on pg 1

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: PRF Thundersnow 2015

Postby 154 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:33 am

EmpireStateTroopers wrote:To make this work, everyone MUST use the same exact backline. No amp/head switching, no cymbal/snare switching. Minimal drum adjusting. We'll have a distortion pedal at each amp. You can use your own guitars/basses. Other than that, it's just 'get up, plug in and go'. If you feel like you need to lay out an array of effects, or you need a very specific fuzz pedal or it won't work, then you're missing the point and this isn't the challenge for you. 5 minutes from the time one band stops playing to the time the next band starts. 8 or so mini sets in 2 hours.

This is how things went down when The Hype did Lido Shuffle a few years ago. We didn't announce it and wanted to catch people before they left, so people handed us guitars and we started playing. Is is worth taking 20 seconds to tune, though.
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby The Canadian on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:19 am

FM Liz came up with the beautiful idea of having everyone in attendance gather on the stage at some point to take a big PRF portrait grade school style.
Band: http://practicewife.bandcamp.com/

BadComrade wrote: I bet James went in the bathroom and cried
The Canadian
President, Canadian Chapter

Postby six acre lake on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:33 pm

One of the hardest / best trips I've ever taken so of course. Would love to do it again. Six Acre Lake reporting for duty!

We have been discussing a possible big band scenario with The Paver as well. If this is of Interest to others holla.

Between the sauna, snow, booze, good times, good company and car accidents I can honestly say I would miss doing this again.

The Canadian wrote:FM Liz came up with the beautiful idea of having everyone in attendance gather on the stage at some point to take a big PRF portrait grade school style.

I love this idea
six acre lake
future member of don caballero
future member of don caballero

Postby ERawk on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:29 pm

Maurice wrote:
ERawk wrote:
Cheap Street Meat

Will you misogynist assholes please stop referring to The Labia as such?

They've changed the name already? New one sounds a bit Lillith Fair.

You best check yo self, Dogge.

Some deep cuts up in those bitches.

Oh, BTW, I'm already working on an all girl cover band fo dis shit...I just hope the dream team pulls through.
You guys don't mind that I crash your little sausage party, right?

SecondEdition wrote:And also, just for the record - you have the best sig ever.

I was in a band with a cunt.
ERawk
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby PEPPER! on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:42 pm

six acre lake wrote:We have been discussing a possible big band scenario with The Paver as well. If this is of Interest to others holla.

YES please do this
PEPPER!
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby jeff_fox on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:44 pm

200 submissions and counting.

I'm hoping to get 2 times the volunteers for sound duties this year- especially if we end up doing the 'big band' deal cause as awesome as it was, it was a pain in the dick for us running sound to get set up in a reasonable amount of time (especially after the stress of hiccups like blown circuits and mixing issues).

Anybody wanna commandeer the after-hours karaoke this time? It's a two-man job- one to MC, one to run the computers. I can help out with the mic/amplification aspect, it just takes 2 laptops.

We should put together a more organized merch situation and roll it into the admission table. there's plenty of room back there!

We've got some other ridiculous ideas that we'll roll out later on.

kidding about 200 submissions, but keep them coming!
jeff
zom-zom wrote:Posterior means butt.
Gay Name|Hungry Man|MegaMaul|Blank Banker
jeff_fox

Postby NewDarkAge on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:49 pm

At lunch today, Dad said "We should probably go to Thundersnow. There must be a way."

It turns out flights to Chicago are much less regular in February than in June, and therefore more expensive. I want to say we'll be there, but it's still up in the air.
bishopdante wrote:BTW was not suggesting that my particular area of interest is buttocks, but it is normal for people of all sexes and sexual persuasions to be into butts, is not weird.
NewDarkAge
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby kaleb on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:57 pm

EmpireStateTroopers wrote:Anybody wanna commandeer the after-hours karaoke this time? It's a two-man job- one to MC, one to run the computers. I can help out with the mic/amplification aspect, it just takes 2 laptops.

I'm bringing all the stuff for Karaoke Underground and can run the KU videos solo or as a combo with top 40 karaoke, maybe alternate sets or whatever. Depending on the file types and software you have for the top 40 stuff, I can probably MC and run the computers by myself, especially if somebody is helping with mic levels. When did you do karaoke last year, every night from midnight to 4am or something?

I'm gonna push for Math Patrol and The Spoils to make the trip, but it's a long way from Texas.
kaleb
charlie brown
charlie brown

Postby jeff_fox on Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:17 pm

we didn't do a whole lot last year, but the first year, it went from about midnight till the bar closed at 2am on both friday and saturday. I used the website 'singsnap' which has a pretty cool interface.
jeff_fox

Postby cneutron on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:33 pm

EmpireStateTroopers wrote:200 submissions and counting.

I'm hoping to get 2 times the volunteers for sound duties this year- especially if we end up doing the 'big band' deal cause as awesome as it was, it was a pain in the dick for us running sound to get set up in a reasonable amount of time (especially after the stress of hiccups like blown circuits and mixing issues).

Anybody wanna commandeer the after-hours karaoke this time? It's a two-man job- one to MC, one to run the computers. I can help out with the mic/amplification aspect, it just takes 2 laptops.

We should put together a more organized merch situation and roll it into the admission table. there's plenty of room back there!

We've got some other ridiculous ideas that we'll roll out later on.

kidding about 200 submissions, but keep them coming!
jeff

I would actually be completely pumped to host karaoke. I have the hardware and all that.
I think that would be a blast, and gonna be there with my lady either way... Soooo...
"If you wanna make this DIY shit go, you gotta fucking step up." -Russell Emerson Hall
Conan Neutron & the Secret Friends = Music band: Neutron/Ash/Crover.
Protonic Reversal = Radio Show/Podcast
Radio NOPE = 24/7 Kickass tunes/talk
cneutron

Postby kaleb on Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:38 am

conan, you should totally MC it, I'd still be into running the video selection and have KU in the mix. We could also do one night of KU and one night of standard karaoke selections. I can bring my projector and monitor, what other hardware do you have?

Singsnap looks easy enough from their video intro, is their selection better than Youtube?

Also into the cover band idea, I'd love to play bass for some Poster Children covers!
kaleb
charlie brown
charlie brown

Postby four_oclocker_2 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:58 am

Korean Jeans have been working on a Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet cover set/transcription project for a while, so we've easily got 10 minutes there.

Also, if anyone wants to get at me about the RED BARCHETTAS, a noise rock tribute to Rush, now's the time...
Unofficial Pono spokesperson.

SELF/KJ/SAR/BP
SUMMER OF DOUG'S
four_oclocker_2

Postby Sam on Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:31 am

hey kaleb i would down to play with the spoils up there. play some groovy surf in my tropical shorts while it's negative a trillion outside.
Sam
cool kid
cool kid

Postby jeff_fox on Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:10 am

four_oclocker_2 wrote:Also, if anyone wants to get at me about the RED BARCHETTAS, a noise rock tribute to Rush, now's the time...

That reminds me, it might be fun to introduce a 'GONG SHOW' element to this thing.
jeff_fox

Postby jimmy two hands on Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:21 am

EmpireStateTroopers wrote:
four_oclocker_2 wrote:Also, if anyone wants to get at me about the RED BARCHETTAS, a noise rock tribute to Rush, now's the time...

That reminds me, it might be fun to introduce a 'GONG SHOW' element to this thing.

Gongs are expensive. Someone should pick up a sheet of metal from the hardware store.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby kaleb on Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:28 pm

Sam wrote:hey kaleb i would down to play with the spoils up there. play some groovy surf in my tropical shorts while it's negative a trillion outside.
YES! Elena might be a tough sell, though.
kaleb
charlie brown
charlie brown

Postby Sam on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:57 am

already talked to EST elsewhere but New China is down. Very excited. I have not been in actual snow before.
Sam
cool kid
cool kid

Postby Dave N. on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:05 am

kaleb wrote:
Sam wrote:hey kaleb i would down to play with the spoils up there. play some groovy surf in my tropical shorts while it's negative a trillion outside.
YES! Elena might be a tough sell, though.

I can help, if Elena can't do it.
Dave N.
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby four_oclocker_2 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:32 am

jimmy two hands wrote:
EmpireStateTroopers wrote:

Gongs are expensive. Someone should pick up a sheet of metal from the hardware store.

Pretty sure I have one in my basement!
Unofficial Pono spokesperson.

SELF/KJ/SAR/BP
SUMMER OF DOUG'S
four_oclocker_2

Postby cneutron on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:49 am

kaleb wrote:conan, you should totally MC it, I'd still be into running the video selection and have KU in the mix. We could also do one night of KU and one night of standard karaoke selections. I can bring my projector and monitor, what other hardware do you have?

Singsnap looks easy enough from their video intro, is their selection better than Youtube?

Also into the cover band idea, I'd love to play bass for some Poster Children covers!

Wait! you are going to be at Thundersnow this year?
Oh snap.

Well hell, kaleb you actually do this thing for a (sorta) living... I will defer to the master then. Also: no chance i'm bringing a projector and monitor on a plane with me.
"If you wanna make this DIY shit go, you gotta fucking step up." -Russell Emerson Hall
Conan Neutron & the Secret Friends = Music band: Neutron/Ash/Crover.
Protonic Reversal = Radio Show/Podcast
Radio NOPE = 24/7 Kickass tunes/talk
cneutron

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion