home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Lardo Thread (album #2 out now)

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Lardo Thread (band, not meat)

Postby 154 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:39 am

Hey, We posted our new album last night, go check it out. Available digitally, and the vinyl should be done in a month-ish. The basics and some vocals were tracked at Electrical Audio, and it came out splendid.

We're lucky to be involved with some great things happening over the summer, but I can't announce those quite yet. More soon!
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Re: Lardo Thread (album #2 out now)

Postby kazoozak on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:04 pm

phpBB [media]
kazoozak
has seen it all
has seen it all

Re: Lardo Thread (band, not meat)

Postby cneutron on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:40 am

154 wrote:Image

Hey, We posted our new album last night, go check it out. Available digitally, and the vinyl should be done in a month-ish. The basics and some vocals were tracked at Electrical Audio, and it came out splendid.

We're lucky to be involved with some great things happening over the summer, but I can't announce those quite yet. More soon!

*ahem*

FUCK YES!
"If you wanna make this DIY shit go, you gotta fucking step up." -Russell Emerson Hall
Conan Neutron & the Secret Friends = Music band: Neutron/Ash/Crover.
Protonic Reversal = Radio Show/Podcast
Radio NOPE = 24/7 Kickass tunes/talk
cneutron
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby 154 on Tue May 09, 2017 7:24 am

Quick bump: vinyl arrived about a month ago and we've gotten them out to our main distro outlets:

PRF Distro. Pair it up with some other records you've been meaning to get (I know I'm overdue..) https://shop.comedyminusone.com/product ... sinking-lp

For Europeans, X-Mist Distro out of Germany. He somehow manages to get around the ridiculous shipping costs, I'm not sure how. https://www.x-mist.de/index.php?STEPOFF ... RING=lardo

In Chicago: I know there are copies stocked at Permanent, Reckless Milwaukee Ave, and Laurie's Planet.

All copies of Sinking should have d/l codes (I fuckin' hope). If they don't or you order the first album just write me or the band account and it'll be taken care of.

lardotheband at gmail

SHOWS:

-ALL TOMORROW'S IMPEACHMENTS w/ Shellac, Tar, Poster Children, Bear Claw, Dianogah, and Nonagon. July 21 & 22 @ The Bottom Lounge, Chicago.

-PRF LOU. Saturday September 2 @ Zanzabar, Louisville.

Postby Damian on Mon May 22, 2017 4:17 am

It's a fantastic album, you should pat yourselves on your collective backs. Totally not a copy of your first (excellent) release, but still Lardo-ey enough. I saved a bundle on ordering from X-Mist (what a nice guy!) having already ordered your debut from a guy in French-land.

Sounds better on vinyl than download so buy a physical copy, Lardsters!!
Damian
kukla
kukla

Postby 154 on Mon May 22, 2017 8:07 am

Damian wrote:Sounds better on vinyl than download so buy a physical copy, Lardsters!!

Thanks! And yes: the digital version took 3 revisions to get it to sound pretty good, but the test pressing was love at first listen. The vinyl transfer just magically glued it all together.

Postby Frank Decent on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:21 pm

It kicks major ass. Not leaving my playlist or whatever for a long fuck time.
Redline wrote:The dead bodies on your mattress and the rubber sheets in your wardrobe should dampen the early reflections.
Frank Decent
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby Germ War on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:07 am

I don't get around these parts often these days, so I'm just now getting hipped to the fact that this new album came out 10 months ago. Picked up my copy yesterday. It rules.
Germ War
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby 154 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:16 pm

Thanks man!

I'm thinking '18 will be the year we finally get over to Minneapolis. I'll be living in Milwaukee, we'll be appearing on the new Butchers Waltz comp (along w/ Buildings): it just makes a lot of sense!

Postby Damian on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:25 pm

Still sounds great, I play it a couple of times a week. Probably my fave album of ‘17. Also nudged me along to work with Chris Goosman!
Damian
kukla
kukla

Postby Germ War on Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:55 pm

154 wrote:Thanks man!

I'm thinking '18 will be the year we finally get over to Minneapolis. I'll be living in Milwaukee, we'll be appearing on the new Butchers Waltz comp (along w/ Buildings): it just makes a lot of sense!

That would be swell. Hopefully you'll all PM me here and/or drop me an e-mail directly with enough advance notice so I know to be in town. I wouldn't want to miss it. :)

Similarly, I gotta keep an eye out for any other dates you might play. I'm due for a road trip anyway. Glad you'll be coming back up to the midwest! Have a drink at the Palm for me.
Germ War

Previous

Return to General Discussion