home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Musings and food photos from Northeast China + beyond.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Musings and food photos from Northeast China + beyond.

Postby gonzochicago on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:49 am

ImageBNH 7 kurama 9 by John Yingling, on Flickr

After the onsen, and the temple, I laughed a bit, as my mind hadn't felt so clear, had such peace and quiet, for some time. I poked around the small town, looking for food. The first place I popped my head into was this, and I was sold. The old woman barely looked up from her reading. The menu was small, and had a winter and summer section. Perfect. A lady came out, smiled, pointed at something, and translated "wild boar" on her phone. Said "Soba. Soup." Sold. It was intensely good. I laughed while eating it. Had a cigarette with the lady. She pointed at my camera, so I asked her for a photo. Really, one of the best days I can remember. Thanks for this one, Kansai.
gonzochicago
kurt waldheim
kurt waldheim

Re: Musings and food photos from Northeast China + beyond.

Postby gonzochicago on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:06 pm

ImageShanghai 1 by John Yingling, on Flickr

Greetings from Wuzhen at dusk. I've been a bit quiet. Soaking in the incredible food. Studying. Getting my mind set for a few crucial finish lines. This has been really nice. We're back in Shanghai now for a few days, but we've been bouncing around this area, which I've never been to, eating our faces off. Suzhou, Hangzhou. Wuzhen is a water town. The White Lotus temple looms in the back of the west area as you poke around all the winding alleyways. Wonderful.
gonzochicago
kurt waldheim
kurt waldheim

Previous

Return to General Discussion