Fearsome and Mammoth ITALIAN MUSIC Thread

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Fearsome and Mammoth ITALIAN MUSIC Thread

Postby Major on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:57 am

Major wrote:
sulfur)addict wrote:
phpBB [media]

Love this.

Plus, PRF's own Sick Room Records had an amazing Italian band in Kippi's.
https://kippis.bandcamp.com/

REALLY love this.

Found both of these albums on Discogs. Super cheap! Also found a seller on Discogs with that Tapso II LP pretty cheap, but waiting to hear back regarding shipping.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby gaetano on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:55 am

Okay, the Gaetano, he promised to be all over this thread.
But he's going to speak the Fake Italian language for his friends in USA and around the world. Italians, when they talk about their beautiful things of Italia bella, they become maniacs, they look crazy, they make the gestures with their hands like they are crazy, because they are crazy. I think the wonderful Fake Italian is the better language to speak of the bella musica italiana, so Gaetano understands he is being crazy when he speaks the beautiful music. For example, he speaks himself in third person: this third person, she is crazy, crazy person, just like Gaetano.

And he is going to speak about the popular music, the popular songs, the popular melodies, because he wants his friends of the PRF to get the things not only about the music, but about all Italia. Beacause the music of the Italia, she speaks of the country Italia like no one else. Or I should say, she SINGS of the country Italia....hahahahahahahahaha, bello play of words, so nice, haha!

She is Loredana Bertè, one of the most popular singers of the old country. She comes from musical family. A long time ago she is little and she sees Tina Turner on television and she wants to be like her. And when she is older, she is a lot like Tina Turner. She is real strong woman, crazy woman, "you don't wanna mess with me" kind of woman. Eveywhere she goes she wants all the attention for her, very diva, but lots of swear words she says. The italian men are frightened, because inside them they shiver a bit, because a strong woman that says everything she wants and does everything she wants, is no good mother for their chilldren, but she doesn't care. She has the voice of a tiger, real good voice, and when she sings, she is the center of your attention. Now that she is older, she wears the microskirts like Tina Turner. And she still sings like a tiger.

phpBB [media]
gaetano
osama bin laden
osama bin laden

Postby Bon Hoga on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:00 am

phpBB [media]

https://laconfraternitadelpurgatorio.bandcamp.com/
http://gudron.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/gudrontheband

big_dave wrote:If you want to be a racist, the best thing to do is be Eric Clapton.
Bon Hoga
goose tatum
goose tatum

Postby Major on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:57 am

gaetano wrote:She is Loredana Bertè, one of the most popular singers of the old country. She comes from musical family. A long time ago she is little and she sees Tina Turner on television and she wants to be like her. And when she is older, she is a lot like Tina Turner. She is real strong woman, crazy woman, "you don't wanna mess with me" kind of woman. Eveywhere she goes she wants all the attention for her, very diva, but lots of swear words she says. The italian men are frightened, because inside them they shiver a bit, because a strong woman that says everything she wants and does everything she wants, is no good mother for their chilldren, but she doesn't care. She has the voice of a tiger, real good voice, and when she sings, she is the center of your attention. Now that she is older, she wears the microskirts like Tina Turner. And she still sings like a tiger.

phpBB [media]

Oh fuck yeah. This is my new jam.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby gaetano on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Major wrote:
gaetano wrote:She is Loredana Bertè, one of the most popular singers of the old country. She comes from musical family. A long time ago she is little and she sees Tina Turner on television and she wants to be like her. And when she is older, she is a lot like Tina Turner. She is real strong woman, crazy woman, "you don't wanna mess with me" kind of woman. Eveywhere she goes she wants all the attention for her, very diva, but lots of swear words she says. The italian men are frightened, because inside them they shiver a bit, because a strong woman that says everything she wants and does everything she wants, is no good mother for their chilldren, but she doesn't care. She has the voice of a tiger, real good voice, and when she sings, she is the center of your attention. Now that she is older, she wears the microskirts like Tina Turner. And she still sings like a tiger.

phpBB [media]

Major, amico mio, you write words that are sweet music to my ear. Your words, they give a feeling of energy. Now I want to write of the artists, of the musica, so much, and I want to read the italian music that my friends of the PRF discover so much. This a molto bello thread, grazie!
gaetano
osama bin laden
osama bin laden

Postby Me Again on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Somehow I knew something good would come out of logging onto the internets today...

gaetano wrote:She is Loredana Bertè...
phpBB [media]

I really dig this ^^ and have just downloaded it. Might pick it up on vinyl soon. What sold it for my was the upper register keyboard shit toward the end.

Have no idea what she's singing about, but the song is cool.
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
meadowlark lemon
meadowlark lemon

Postby Major on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:54 am

Today I decide to make some research of Signoria Bertè. In this situation, I can only say, "Why do she do these things to her face?" Era molto bella. Now I cannot say this. But I do feel so bad for la donna. She had many difficult thing happen, non tutti la dolce vita.

Still, the music. Is so nice. Grazie, FM gaetano. Di più.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Janeway on Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:02 pm

Major wrote:

phpBB [media]

+1 this jam rocks as much as this thread. normally when i wash the floors im just cleanin and deanin, ive never really explored music that wasn't italian-american. its nice to hear from different parts of the country i guess. it feels like how it must feel when you're seated too close to another family at the olive garden.
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby arthur on Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:37 pm

Major wrote:I can only say, "Why do she do these things to her face?" Era molto bella.

Oh sweet baby jesus why? Reminds me of the terrible fate of the face of the otherwise very excellent Brazilian singer Elza Soares.

I want to contribute to this thread with this song.

I know it is terrible and I apologize for that, but I just can't stop playing it and singing it at the top of my lungs. I listened to a one hour long podcast about her yesterday, and it seemed to me that this was unfortunately the only good song in a long career, all the rest being so-so.

phpBB [media]

(Sorry about that)
arthur
lawn bowler
lawn bowler

Postby Anthony Flack on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:49 pm

I don't want to distract from the legitimate discussion of Italian music with my stupido joke, but I keep seeing this thread and always in my head she pops up, "Ragu Against The Machine".
Anthony Flack
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby gaetano on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:02 pm

arthur wrote:
Major wrote:I can only say, "Why do she do these things to her face?" Era molto bella.

Oh sweet baby jesus why? Reminds me of the terrible fate of the face of the otherwise very excellent Brazilian singer Elza Soares.

I want to contribute to this thread with this song.

I know it is terrible and I apologize for that, but I just can't stop playing it and singing it at the top of my lungs. I listened to a one hour long podcast about her yesterday, and it seemed to me that this was unfortunately the only good song in a long career, all the rest being so-so.

phpBB [media]

(Sorry about that)

Coincidentally, Mia Martini was Loredana Bertè's sister. Her real name was Domenica Bertè. Had a very, very unfortunate life.
This song, she's so good. The favorite song of mia mamma!
gaetano
osama bin laden
osama bin laden

Postby erskine on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:52 pm

phpBB [media]
erskine
johnny cash
johnny cash

Postby arthur on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:05 pm

gaetano wrote:Coincidentally, Mia Martini was Loredana Bertè's sister. Her real name was Domenica Bertè. Had a very, very unfortunate life.

This information she is the crazy, I had no idea.
arthur
lawn bowler
lawn bowler

Postby Bon Hoga on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:07 pm

I'm playing with this magnificent woman in a few days.

phpBB [media]

big_dave wrote:If you want to be a racist, the best thing to do is be Eric Clapton.
Bon Hoga
goose tatum
goose tatum

Postby goatlord on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:41 pm

Early Maurizio Bianchi was amazing. This still is one of the most harrowing depictions of the holocaust in music. I don't know why people thought that he was glorifying it with this record, it's absolutely repelant and disturbing.

phpBB [media]

Also, props to the italian jazz-punk scene.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]
YES YES YES YES RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD When in doubt, treat it as a record. Call your Records - Horse_ebooks
goatlord
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby goatlord on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:51 pm

Also, Bulldozer always get sidelined when talking about the beginnings of black metal, but they are pure, fun, early black metal. And, in my humble opinion, way better than Venom.

phpBB [media]
YES YES YES YES RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD When in doubt, treat it as a record. Call your Records - Horse_ebooks
goatlord

Postby duskyamp on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:59 pm

I won't be able to check out the last couple of posts until I can stop watching Lili Refrain videos. Might be a while.
I design and build stuff for musicians at Dusky Electronics.
I play guitar in Woodvamp.
duskyamp
envoy
envoy

Postby Bon Hoga on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:17 pm

duskyamp wrote:I won't be able to check out the last couple of posts until I can stop watching Lili Refrain videos. Might be a while.

She is godly.

Bon Hoga
goose tatum
goose tatum

Postby andyman on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:38 am

Oh wow, I saw her a couple of years ago in a pub in Florence. She has a tremendous voice and is a really nice person.
offal wrote:I just want to be able to play bitchin' single-stroke rolls before I die
andyman
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby Isabelle Gall on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:27 pm

Claudio Rocchi.

Salvatore Sciarrino.
Isabelle Gall
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion