home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

The Fearsome and Mammoth CRYPTOCURRENCY Thread!

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: The Fearsome and Mammoth CRYPTOCURRENCY Thread!

Postby Tom on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:40 pm

Holy shit, i was right! #5!
circle_ruler wrote:Everything post Mesolithic is hideously decadent and carries the signature of tyranny.
Tom
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby gonzochicago on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:30 am

Tom wrote:Holy shit, i was right! #5!

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU TOM. This is insane! :smt007 :smt006 :twisted: 8) :smt004 :D
gonzochicago
humberto brenes
humberto brenes

Postby Major on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:35 am

Oh, man. Fucking IOTA.

I'll say it again: look into VeChain. Like, now.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby gonzochicago on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:19 am

Major wrote:Oh, man. Fucking IOTA.

I'll say it again: look into VeChain. Like, now.

I once held VeChain, made like 30%, and let it go. Just a few weeks until they launch, yeah? I'll definitely look into it again in the new year. I heard they have a rebrand coming, a move to their own blockchain, all alongside staking. That's interesting!

This time, I must, must sit tight until January's funds come in. No exceptions, unless one of these hit an IOTA esque run, in which case I'll sell some and re-invest. Any further movement and I know I will just fuck myself.

Busy as shit until December 18th, when I head to Japan for a week, so it'll keep me away from rash decision making anyway. :lol:

Glad we have some new people on board here! Any lurkers, feel free to chime in!

Stoked for the following things / some key dates about things I've already talked about:

Request Network's test-network launch is going down by the end of December! They do a very well put together news update bi-weekly, and if it's not in this Friday's update, it will be December 22nd. I don't see any reason this won't happen. Their team has been ahead of schedule, and the test-net was originally slated for Q1 2018, but was pushed up.

iExec RLC's dApp store will finally be released December 20th! They've just released V1 of their working product! They are running a contest with the store launch and giving away $150,000 in grants for a dApp building contest that ends in January! That is really cool. RLC has been so quiet, for so long, but it's full speed ahead now. I'm honestly amazed this is still where it's at.
Excellent buying point right now. That said, I can't imagine buying this in May of last year and holding until now. I'd be going crazy.

People have varying opinions between cloud computing companies like Golem / SONM, etc, but nobody has multiple working products to back it up, until this month, with RLC.

It touched $1.25 way back in June, has 1/5th of the market cap of Golem, and 1/10th of the coin supply.

Now with a working product, I believe if there is a comfortable bet for 500-1,000% gains by Q2 2018, it's RLC.

Look into it.

Stay safe!
gonzochicago
humberto brenes
humberto brenes

Postby Major on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:13 am

https://medium.com/horizonstate/united- ... bd9f8f54d0

HST sitting right around 0.40. Not on Binance yet, but should be soon. By that point, I wouldn't expect it to still be 0.40.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby gonzochicago on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:20 am

Major wrote:https://medium.com/horizonstate/united-nations-igo-joins-forces-with-horizon-state-to-accelerate-sdg-innovation-38bd9f8f54d0

HST sitting right around 0.40. Not on Binance yet, but should be soon. By that point, I wouldn't expect it to still be 0.40.

Ahhhh, Major, nooo! Don't further tempt me! Watched this for week and almost dipped a toe in at .28 the other day. :lol:

Really excited to double my position in January.

Gonna be able to dive deep with all of this type of shit and ride it out the entire year.

We're all gonna make it!
gonzochicago
humberto brenes
humberto brenes

Postby gonzochicago on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:09 pm

ImageREQ/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/157037768@N08/]

Ahhhhh, it's happening. :twisted:

Seriously folks. Sell yourself on the idea that REQ will become the new Paypal. I still think you're in for 1,000% gains in 2018 at the possibility that it could.

Wait for a pullback to .09 today. If it doesn't happen, get in.

4 days until the weekly update.
gonzochicago
humberto brenes
humberto brenes

Postby gonzochicago on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:02 pm

gonzochicago wrote:ImageREQ/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/157037768@N08/]

Ahhhhh, it's happening. :twisted:

Seriously folks. Sell yourself on the idea that REQ will become the new Paypal. I still think you're in for 1,000% gains in 2018 at the possibility that it could.

Wait for a pullback to .09 today. If it doesn't happen, get in.

4 days until the weekly update.

Doh! Double post? What....sorry.

Tom / Major : Fuck it, this is too much....because of my REQ gains, I am in for 25% of my normal position for IOTA. First buy : $2.40. Time to dollar cost average the hopefully eventual correction. :twisted:
Last edited by gonzochicago on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gonzochicago
humberto brenes
humberto brenes

Postby Tom on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:08 pm

good time to buy iota. The rumor is that there's going to be a big news drop tomorrow. It's spec of course, no official announcement. That dip was a nice window to get in. I bought a bit more too.

Also picked up some REQ last week on your tip. Nice to see it pay off!
circle_ruler wrote:Everything post Mesolithic is hideously decadent and carries the signature of tyranny.
Tom

Postby gonzochicago on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:22 pm

Tom wrote:good time to buy iota. The rumor is that there's going to be a big news drop tomorrow. It's spec of course, no official announcement. That dip was a nice window to get in. I bought a bit more too.

Also picked up some REQ last week on your tip. Nice to see it pay off!

YES! Excellent.

Tom, no matter what happens, ride REQ until summer with me. It'll be fun! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
gonzochicago
humberto brenes
humberto brenes

Postby Major on Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:52 am

In on REQ. Picked up a little more IOTA. VEN is at an ATH of 0.52, more than double where I got in.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby gonzochicago on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:05 am

Major wrote:In on REQ. Picked up a little more IOTA. VEN is at an ATH of 0.52, more than double where I got in.

Awesome! What did you buy at? Be aware REQ has a history of jumping up and down around weekly announcement time, BUT I feel this time is very different as their test-net either comes out on this release, or assuredly the 22nd of December. However : Be aware it could be a shaky ride if you got in at .11 cents. So comfy...

iExec RLC broke .80 cent resistance. Up 50%. If it sticks, $1 should be in site by dApp store release.

Goddamn, what a great week. Almost makes up for IOTA. :lol:
gonzochicago
humberto brenes
humberto brenes

Postby Major on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:28 am

gonzochicago wrote:
Major wrote:In on REQ. Picked up a little more IOTA. VEN is at an ATH of 0.52, more than double where I got in.

Awesome! What did you buy at? Be aware REQ has a history of jumping up and down around weekly announcement time, BUT I feel this time is very different as their test-net either comes out on this release, or assuredly the 22nd of December. However : Be aware it could be a shaky ride if you got in at .11 cents. So comfy...

iExec RLC broke .80 cent resistance. Up 50%. If it sticks, $1 should be in site by dApp store release.

Binance, which is the best. Thanks to both you and Tom for hipping me to it.

Speaking of exchanges, FUCK ETHERDELTA. Only ever used it when I was starting out because it was one of the only places to buy VEN. Absolutely abysmal UI and the ETH network being bogged down by "Cryptokitties" made for a fun day yesterday. I deposited some ETH to buy a couple of alts, but it ended up taking forever. Like, hours. I ended up transferring most of it back to Binance, but it's infuriating because I've got roughly 0.20 ETH sitting in EtherDelta that's seemingly impossible to use. Eh.

Talk about kicking yourself. I think earlier in this thread I mentioned something about Vertcoin when it was right around $1.50 (maybe a month ago). A week later it was $4. Today it broke $10.

"Big" "Announcement" in roughly 6 hours from VeChain. Buy VEN.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby gonzochicago on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:28 am

Major wrote:
gonzochicago wrote:

Binance, which is the best. Thanks to both you and Tom for hipping me to it.

Speaking of exchanges, FUCK ETHERDELTA. Only ever used it when I was starting out because it was one of the only places to buy VEN. Absolutely abysmal UI and the ETH network being bogged down by "Cryptokitties" made for a fun day yesterday. I deposited some ETH to buy a couple of alts, but it ended up taking forever. Like, hours. I ended up transferring most of it back to Binance, but it's infuriating because I've got roughly 0.20 ETH sitting in EtherDelta that's seemingly impossible to use. Eh.

Talk about kicking yourself. I think earlier in this thread I mentioned something about Vertcoin when it was right around $1.50 (maybe a month ago). A week later it was $4. Today it broke $10.

"Big" "Announcement" in roughly 6 hours from VeChain. Buy VEN.

Yeah, be careful with E.D. Scary shit.

GOD DAMN VERTCOIN! The amount of times I looked at that at $1 when I first started too is mind boggling. I don't think anyone could have predicted that shit. This is why you hold.

VeChain is way too high risk for me right now, as much as I'd love to. It's over 125% up. No way in hell I'm buying into that. Great thing for me to let the dust settle on and look again in January.

Besides, right now 80% of my stack is split between 100% & 60% gainers. If I do sell small chunks, it'll be to grab IOTA on a dip (if it ever fucking comes!)

Also : IOTA IS AT $3.20! :shock:

This is so insane.

I think whales will push IOTA to the number three, or possibly the number two spot. The only question is when. Someone bought A MILLION DOLLARS of it at $1.25 the other day. I think this is many whale's chances to turn themselves from millionaires, to billionaires.

At this point, I'd say anyone interested in IOTA should catch the heaviest correction they can, and not touch the shit until 2019 and beyond.

WE'RE ALL GONNA MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!
gonzochicago
humberto brenes
humberto brenes

Postby Major on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:35 am

Yeah, a few hours ago when I bought REQ I said "fuck it" and bought more IOTA @ $2.74. An hour later it's up to $3.25.

Understand re: VEN. Unless the announcement today is epic, you're probably still got some time to get in there. It's a definite holder.

Noticed that Exodus has been suspending ETH transactions since late last night. I'll have to wait for the cat business to cool down so I can get my ETH out of EtherDelta for good.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Tom on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:12 am

gonzochicago wrote:I think whales will push IOTA to the number three, or possibly the number two spot. The only question is when. Someone bought A MILLION DOLLARS of it at $1.25 the other day. I think this is many whale's chances to turn themselves from millionaires, to billionaires.

I think you're right, particularly with this last push overnight. Bitfinex BTC\IOTA had steadily been loosing market share and it bump up 10% overnight. I get the feeling that a lot of the whales use that pairing on that site. I could be wrong of course.

I have no problem with them becoming billionaires if I can ride their wake.
Tom

Postby Major on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:15 am

Tom wrote:I have no problem with them becoming billionaires if I can ride their wake.

This. Fuck being a billionaire, I just want a synthesizer.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby gonzochicago on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:46 pm

IOTA is seriously about to crack $3.50 right now. Pure madness at this point.

Sold a few more GVT for small gains, and buying more RLC on this dip since the full moon mission didn't take off yet. I just cannot argue with such a physical product in the crypto world.

NEW THING OF INTEREST :

In my digging, I found a DAG coin that hasn't mooned yet like Railblocks. It's called ByteBall Bytes. It's still very active in Japan and other places. Looks really fucking interesting. Low as shit cap and supply.

Price now is $265. ATH is $965. Going in for one GBYTE and not fucking selling until hit 4X's, which at this rate of ridiculousness, should be quite soon...and even then, will look at market sentiment. Quite a low risk / high reward situation in my opinion.

See : https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/byteball/
gonzochicago
humberto brenes
humberto brenes

Postby Major on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:07 pm

Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby gonzochicago on Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:25 pm

Major wrote:https://medium.com/@vechainofficial/vechain-apotheosis-the-beginning-d9f0fdbdc910

VEN up to 0.64 as I type.

Whoa. This is killer. Very interested to see how the re-brand pans out. I know this will be above $1 by the time I can get to it, but I just cannot do it. I have a rule that I never buy into a pump, and I've already broken that once with IOTA. However, that was a special circumstance, catching a small correction, and I only bought in 1/4 of my normal amount, specifically so I could D.A.C. my way 3 more times if I got fucked.

January, Major. January, unless this sees more than a 50% correction by next week, then I'm down for a sheckle.

Oh hey, it's 3:30 AM. Goodnight.
gonzochicago
humberto brenes
humberto brenes

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion