home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

The Fearsome and Mammoth CRYPTOCURRENCY Thread!

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: The Fearsome and Mammoth CRYPTOCURRENCY Thread!

Postby gonzochicago on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:09 pm

IOTA is at $4.58 this morning.

For those keeping track, that is 1,300% in little over 72 hours.

Congratulations Tom, and Janeway. That beach house is getting nearer and nearer, eh?

This is unprecedented. 13 BILLION dollars in market cap in less than a week.

...I thought I was late at $2.40. Glad I wised up. Comfy long, now.
gonzochicago
diablo
diablo

Postby Tom on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:10 pm

I keep waiting for the dip (and it will happen - hard), but jesus fucking christ... this shit is unreal.
Tom
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby gonzochicago on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:48 pm

Tom wrote:I keep waiting for the dip (and it will happen - hard), but jesus fucking christ... this shit is unreal.

Will it, though, before $5 is the floor? Not so sure anymore.

I....can't believe it. A little less salty now, for sure. That #2 spot is coming. Tom, again, endlessly, I am so fucking happy for you.

History in the making.

I am doubling down AGAIN if we get back to $3. Praying it happens. Just once. Already prayed for a $1 dip and it didn't come. Surely, this one will......right? For once in my life I am actually praying for a 50% correction on something I fucking own. :lol:
gonzochicago
diablo
diablo

Postby gonzochicago on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:05 am

IOTA JUST CRACKED $5, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME.
gonzochicago
diablo
diablo

Postby gonzochicago on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:21 am

Forgive me, Tom, Major, but I jumped out at $5.40.

Made +100% in 24 hours....I just....couldn't not do it.

Now, I pray for a dip to re-enter.
gonzochicago
diablo
diablo

Postby Major on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:12 am

Already back around $4.50 and dropping. I think it will be back around $4 shortly.

Aaaand now it's back up to $5.

EDIT: Below $4. $3 would have me buying more.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby gonzochicago on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:24 am

Major wrote:Already back around $4.50 and dropping. I think it will be back around $4 shortly.

Aaaand now it's back up to $5.

EDIT: Below $4. $3 would have me buying more.

Bummed I missed that dip below $3. Got back in at $4.10, and sold again at $4.70.

Settled around +120%.

I'm not touching this shit now until the dust settles.

Solid run! Goddamn. What a week.

Stay safe!
gonzochicago
diablo
diablo

Postby Major on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:19 pm

Bought more IOTA at $3.65. Currently at $4.50. I feel like that may have been as much of a dip as we're going to see for a while.

Funny that Bitcoin broke $12k yesterday and $13k today and nobody bats an eye.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Pure L on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:40 pm

You guys think HST gonna do anything?
Pure L
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby Major on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:07 pm

Pure L wrote:You guys think HST gonna do anything?

There was a slight bump after the UN announcement, then nothing.

If I could find it on a decent exchange, I'd grab some.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Pure L on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:41 pm

It's on cryptopia.
Pure L

Postby Tom on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Not looking to FUD because I'm probably wrong, but if anyone has bought IOTA, pm me.
Tom

Postby gonzochicago on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:14 pm

Pure L wrote:You guys think HST gonna do anything?

I'm very tempted to throw my IOTA gains into that...but I'm sitting in REQ. Holding super strong. I see .15 cents possible by Friday. Hoping so. See my PM.

XMR seems like a pretty killer buy right now. Down 30%. So hard choosing what might make back the biggest gains.

Since my original $600, now $1,200, was all profit from other day-trades anyway, I think I'll probably just sit in REQ for the new year if it goes ballistic again by Friday. That way, I can be happy (happier) alongside Major if the thing takes off like a rocket. Already got another large stack at .06 cents, so...sitting real fucking pretty on that.

After putting my IOTA gains into Salt, I chickened out and sold, and watched a movie. It jumped 50%. FML! :lol:

XLM just jumped 50%. Wouldn't touched it now, though.

I'm compiling some info on BYTEBALL. Tom: This is something you may want to consider with 10% of your IOTA stack. Basically, there is a .1 airdrop for every GBYTE you own, in march, AND there's high potential for whales and groups to pump the thing back to it's new ATH anyway. That, and it's a really fucking cool project, further along than IOTA, with use cases happening now in Japan. I'll try and write something up by the weekend's end.

NEW ALL TIME HIGH FOR BITCOIN : $14,000! Yee-haw!

Daily reminder that if you had bought 3 months ago when I posted about the China FUD, you'd have 350% of your money right now. :twisted:
gonzochicago
diablo
diablo

Postby gonzochicago on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:51 pm

ImageScreen Shot 2017-12-07 at 11.48.33 AM by John Yingling, on Flickr

Hot Tip :

Up 145% now. Bought in a very small amount into the pump with house money. Up 20% so far.

If it corrects hard, will add another small amount.

When it levels, I'll double down.

Consider doing the same.

Think about it. Could be another Stellar Lumens where all of the sudden it's .15 cents in a few months.
gonzochicago
diablo
diablo

Postby gonzochicago on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:15 am

"ING Announces winners of Innovation Studio startup pitch"

...and one of three winners is.... REQUEST NETWORK! (REQ is Moneytis) *applause*

https://www.ing.com/Newsroom/All-news/ING-announces-winners-of-the-Innovation-Studio-startup-pitch.htm

Firing on all cylinders.

One day to bi-weekly update.

#BREAKING : iExec RLC now a member of the Institute of Electronics in China.

https://iex.ec/news/iexec-now-member-institute-electronics-china/

ANOTHER dip to an amazing buying point. I was up nearly 50% the other day after their highest volume ever, and am now back to 10%. Would have swing traded, but I just don't know when this is going to take off for good.

15 days until dApp store launch.

Strap in, ladies and germs.
gonzochicago
diablo
diablo

Postby Major on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:27 am

$15k Bitcoin. I think I'm about to cash out. And by "cash out" I mean "buy a fuckton of alts".
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby prowler on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:02 am

gotta say, this is all pretty overwhelming and time consuming ... so what i've done so far with my little initial sum:

- put 40% into Binance, then throw it all on IOTA. i'd been reading about it ever since i first saw the thread, didn't want to miss out. Got in at $3.08
- some IOTA speculation, increased my funds from 8 to 9 units, lol
- got out of IOTA at $3.19, holding BNB for now (seems like a decent baseline coin) ... the plan is to get back in once it stabilises at a certain floor, unless I find something better
- the other 60% was meant for BTC. I waited for a couple of days for a dip, none came so i finally jumped in at around $13k. not regretting it... SO FAR

i've been getting used to the interface and understanding everything, but it's all still very unpredictable. I also set up a couple apps and alerts, but they haven't been much help so far except to raise the anxiety level :)
prowler
took picture of naked guy

Postby Major on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:44 am

prowler wrote:gotta say, this is all pretty overwhelming and time consuming ... so what i've done so far with my little initial sum:

- put 40% into Binance, then throw it all on IOTA. i'd been reading about it ever since i first saw the thread, didn't want to miss out. Got in at $3.08
- got out of IOTA at $3.19, holding BNB for now (seems like a decent baseline coin) ... the plan is to get back in once it stabilises at a certain floor, unless I find something better
- the other 60% was meant for BTC. I waited for a couple of days for a dip, none came so i finally jumped in at around $13k. not regretting it... SO FAR

i've been getting used to the interface and understanding everything, but it's all still very unpredictable. I also set up a couple apps and alerts, but they haven't been much help so far except to raise the anxiety level :)

Good call holding the BNB, especially if you are planning to buy more on Binance. What you end up saving in fees will add up.

Read Read READ and take everything with a grain of salt, especially once you go down the rabbit hole of sub-Reddits.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby gonzochicago on Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:32 am

prowler wrote:gotta say, this is all pretty overwhelming and time consuming ... so what i've done so far with my little initial sum:

Yeah! $15,000 BTC! Madness...

Major : Do it!!! (the alt thing)

Prowler : Welcome!

...Dang, You managed to catch IOTA at $3.08? I'd have held it (it's currently at $4.10) If I can get back in around that point, I probably will. I got VERY tempted around $3.25 earlier today... I started with 100 IOTA at $2.40. Bought 100 again at $3. Sold at $5.40. 100% in one day. Wild shit. Could have ended up with 380 IOTA today up from my original 200, half with house money, but in the end, I stuck it into iExec RLC, which I believe has infinitely better growth potential very, very soon (like...14 days soon.) See my posts about RLC above.

At the very least, people have SO much invested into IOTA now, and there are so many new eyes on it, i'd say the odds it hits a new ATH soon are pretty likely in the next few months, but I could be dead wrong. Impossible to say, but I do know the whales who invested in the beginning are now millionaires (if they weren't already) so they WILL toy with the price. Again, someone bought A MILLION DOLLARS worth at $1.25. They will not settle for a 300% gain.

Large buyers have made an absolutely obscene amount of money in these markets now, so any coin can just skyrocket at a moments notice.

What IOTA did the other day was absolutely fucking bonkers, when you think about it from a monetary standpoint. Billions of dollars in one day.

I'm with what Major said, read as much as you can.

I am pretty well versed in a vast array of alt-coins, so if you ever have questions about those, or anything else, feel free to PM me or post it here!

Hold that 60% of Bitcoin you have. Use it as a solid foundation of growth. Add ALTS by buying into whatever current prices are there with regular money, and put a percentage of your gains back into BTC.

Once you get comfortable with enough "house money" (and believe me, it will happen if you take things slow, trust yourself, and don't bounce around too much) you can start dicking around taking bolder and bolder moves.

Try to trust your first instincts, and give each trade some time to breath.

Remember, things often change overnight. You might only be up 5% one day, getting itchy feet, sell into something else, and them boom, it goes 100%.

I bought SALT last night, chickened out and put it back to BTC, watched a movie, and it was up 60%. Today, 80%. Fucking silly.

Binance will be adding stop losses soon. I don't use 'em just yet. Too often people's stop loss gets triggered at night while they sleep, their shit gets sold, and they wake up to their coin +50%. Never gonna use 'em until I start making VERY bold day trading moves. We'll see.

That's my 2 cents for right now.
gonzochicago
diablo
diablo

Postby prowler on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:18 am

i dunno, right now BTC seems less like a solid foundation and more like IOTA yesterday... the growth seems ridiculous, there has to be a correction somewhere no? the Valve news can't help.

I'm really tempted to take a bit of profit from BTC right now and wait for a dip. But i know it's probably wiser to play the longer game.

FMgonzo your $5.40 sale is quite something, did you somehow read the peak or just decided 100% was good enough?
prowler

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion