home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Best show lineup you have seen

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Best show lineup you have seen

Postby strangeone on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:58 pm

The Jesus Lizard
Urge Overkill
Didjits
At the Cubby Bear, when they used to book good shows - also saw The Pixies there at their infancy, absolutely incredible.
strangeone
viceroy
viceroy

Postby Yngwie Einstein on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Superchunk/ Scrawl / Polvo at Metro circa 1992

Pegboy / Tar / Slint / Urge Overcoat at Metro circa 1990.

Calexico / Giant Sand / Neko Case at Empty Bottle for New Year's Eve circa 2003.

Shellac / Scrawl / Traitors / TFUL 182 the last week that Lounge Ax was open.

Also:
Christopher wrote:Fugazi, Shellac, The Ex at Congress Theater in 2001 is pretty hard to beat.

bill bixby wrote:
Pavement / Royal Trux / Silver Jews / King Kong / Palace Brothers / Smog (Lounge Ax )
AKA the Drag City Invitational.

strangeone wrote:The Jesus Lizard
Urge Overkill
Didjits
At the Cubby Bear.

TomWanderer wrote:+1 on Fugazi/Shellac/The Ex at Congress in 2001 (2 nights! Weren't tickets 5 bucks?)

Fugazi/Shellac/Blonde Redhead at Congress in 1998

Touch and Go 25th Anniversary Saturday lineup with Big Black/Scratch Acid/Killdozer, etc, etc
Yngwie Einstein
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby strangeone on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:17 pm

At the Jesus Lizard-Urge Overkill-Didjits show, Didjits were on, smokin' as usual, and Rick had a nice royal purple velour smoking jacket on - some dickhead in front of the stage threw some beer on him. End of song, Rick calmly puts down his guitar, takes off his sunglasses, puts them on his amp, turns very swiftly and in one leap, lands on the dickhead and pummels his face into the floor. Really good. Security hauls the bloody dickhead to the door and throws him out, to the cheers of the crowd. I can remember this like it was yesterday. Great show.
strangeone
viceroy
viceroy

Postby steve on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:33 pm

Best lineup ever, all-time, period: ATP 2002 but I may be slightly biased.

Saw Bauhaus with Naked Raygun and Terminal Beach (Mousetrap and John Haggerty) at Space Place in like 1980, that show cracked my egg for all time. NR still had Mark Ohe on bass and I think Jon Lundin played synthesizer. Super duper fucked up show, every band was weirder and more manic than the one before.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electricalaudio dot com
Quicumque quattuor feles possidet insanus est.
steve
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Evanc521 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:34 am

I haven't seen many stacked shows, but one of the few ones was Converge, Some Girls, Kylesa, and Gospel at the Soap Box in Wilmington NC. Tiny room and everyone was just on. Dino Jr. & Scratch Acid in Portland was also pretty great as well as the last ATP in Melbourne (Breeders, Television, Sleep, Lightning Bolt, Rowland S. Howard tribute thing).
Evanc521
richard diebenkorn
richard diebenkorn

Postby Ranxerox on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:52 pm

steve wrote:Best lineup ever, all-time, period: ATP 2002 but I may be slightly biased.

I had to ignore the ATPs I went to because of fairness (2002, 2004 Director's Cut). There were great things at those outings that people never even knew were there on account of so much rock of fuckery.
Ranxerox
penguinologist
penguinologist

Postby DrAwkward on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:51 pm

wotown wrote:Shudder to Think / Sunny Day Real Estate / Brainiac, Kutska's Hall, Green Bay WI, December 1994

That's the one i cite most often when i think of 90s touring lineups that absolutely crushed anything touring today.

Also: the following March 1995, on the Marquette University campus: Poster Children, Brainiac, Unwound.
Stinky Pete wrote:BDSM is a bit like Queens of the Stone Age in that it's basically fine to be into, but a bit worrying if you're obsessed with it.

Body Futures
IfIHadAHiFi
Martian Dance Invasion!
DrAwkward
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby hayate on Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:02 pm

k records band -> scout niblett-> old time relijun
My most memorable hikes can be classified as 'Shortcuts that Backfired' ― Edward Abbey
hayate
aaron burr
aaron burr

Previous

Return to General Discussion