home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Regional slang that you like

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Regional slang that you like

Postby Janeway on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:03 pm

i like to say buttever

buttever you want guys, buttever it takes
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby kokorodoko on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:06 am

According to Robert Anton Wilson, in the south US when someone has a satori or is born again and then do nothing except walk around in intoxicated spiritual delirium, they are called a "bliss ninny".
Janeway wrote:it’s like, why do people say paper covers rock when we all know paper is a lil bish that gets paper weighted by smooth river rocks, you just need to rock out wheneve paperwork has got you down.
kokorodoko
"wild bill" hickok
"wild bill" hickok

Postby Verbs & Nouns on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:27 am

Anthony Flack wrote:New Zealand cross-reference:

Seby wrote:From Sydney:

Hearn - A hearn is like an Australian jock. - Nope, never heard this word down here

Westie - This used to mean something like Hesher, but now means anyone living in the western suburbs of Sydney. - The term is understood but in NZ the hesher is universally called a bogan.

Ace TV! - An extremely positive affirmation, as in "Awesome!", or "Yay I cannot wait to do this!" etc. sounds like a semi-ironic local thing.

Pike - A verb, meaning to not do something because one simply cannot be bothered. - Yes, this word is commonly used in NZ also

Everything gets shortened. "Opening the pressies after some schooeys around the the barbie with the rellies on chrissy arvo", etc. - yes to all that except the schooeys

Pike is pretty common in Adelaide.

One that I don’t think is used anywhere else but South Australia is “minda”, which would be used as a derogatory term for someone saying they have special needs or are retarded. It comes from Minda, which is a service for people with disabilities.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minda_Inc
Verbs & Nouns
robert motherwell
robert motherwell

Postby jimmy two hands on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Ike wrote:There's a word in MI, finna, which sorta means "fitting to", and I've never heard that anywhere else.

I lived in Michigan 3 decades and I neve heard anyone use that word who wasn’t a transplant from Appalachia or some other hill country region.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Janeway on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:50 pm

*fixin to, fyp

like im fixin to make some homemade french fries... im finna make french fries. same as gonna
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway

Postby dontfeartheringo on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:10 am

kokorodoko wrote:According to Robert Anton Wilson, in the south US when someone has a satori or is born again and then do nothing except walk around in intoxicated spiritual delirium, they are called a "bliss ninny".

More commonly, I've heard these people described as "high on jesus."
tmidgett wrote:John Bonham has no competition. Literally none.
dontfeartheringo
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Previous

Return to General Discussion