home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Regional slang that you like

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Regional slang that you like

Postby Janeway on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:03 pm

i like to say buttever

buttever you want guys, buttever it takes
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby kokorodoko on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:06 am

According to Robert Anton Wilson, in the south US when someone has a satori or is born again and then do nothing except walk around in intoxicated spiritual delirium, they are called a "bliss ninny".
Janeway wrote:it’s like, why do people say paper covers rock when we all know paper is a lil bish that gets paper weighted by smooth river rocks, you just need to rock out wheneve paperwork has got you down.
kokorodoko
kurt waldheim
kurt waldheim

Postby Verbs & Nouns on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:27 am

Anthony Flack wrote:New Zealand cross-reference:

Seby wrote:From Sydney:

Hearn - A hearn is like an Australian jock. - Nope, never heard this word down here

Westie - This used to mean something like Hesher, but now means anyone living in the western suburbs of Sydney. - The term is understood but in NZ the hesher is universally called a bogan.

Ace TV! - An extremely positive affirmation, as in "Awesome!", or "Yay I cannot wait to do this!" etc. sounds like a semi-ironic local thing.

Pike - A verb, meaning to not do something because one simply cannot be bothered. - Yes, this word is commonly used in NZ also

Everything gets shortened. "Opening the pressies after some schooeys around the the barbie with the rellies on chrissy arvo", etc. - yes to all that except the schooeys

Pike is pretty common in Adelaide.

One that I don’t think is used anywhere else but South Australia is “minda”, which would be used as a derogatory term for someone saying they have special needs or are retarded. It comes from Minda, which is a service for people with disabilities.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minda_Inc
Verbs & Nouns
richard diebenkorn
richard diebenkorn

Postby jimmy two hands on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Ike wrote:There's a word in MI, finna, which sorta means "fitting to", and I've never heard that anywhere else.

I lived in Michigan 3 decades and I neve heard anyone use that word who wasn’t a transplant from Appalachia or some other hill country region.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Janeway on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:50 pm

*fixin to, fyp

like im fixin to make some homemade french fries... im finna make french fries. same as gonna
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway

Postby dontfeartheringo on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:10 am

kokorodoko wrote:According to Robert Anton Wilson, in the south US when someone has a satori or is born again and then do nothing except walk around in intoxicated spiritual delirium, they are called a "bliss ninny".

More commonly, I've heard these people described as "high on jesus."
tmidgett wrote:John Bonham has no competition. Literally none.
dontfeartheringo
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Previous

Return to General Discussion