home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

PRFBBQ 2018 Chicago

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: PRFBBQ 2018 Chicago

Postby jacobwilliam on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:55 pm

Looking ahead, does anyone have tons of refrigerator space? Does anyone work at a bar where I could store a bucket or two of pickles? Also, any food requests this year? FM Pasta and I have discussed a few things. I really want to do poutine one day and smoke a whole hog. FM RFF has been contacted in regards to the hog.
jacobwilliam
chuck close
chuck close

Postby flanneljammies on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:07 pm

jacobwilliam wrote:FM RFF has been contacted in regards to the hog.

Sig-worthy. Also... ewwwww
Russell Emerson Hall. Throat torturer. Guitar abuser.
Current: Twelves and Bell & Circuit.
Ex: Tyranny Is Tyranny and United Sons of Toil.
"Yeah, that pedal is way too comedic for you. You're not silly at all."
flanneljammies
first class
first class

Postby Pasta on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:46 pm

These pickles are really fucking good.

I have one other proposal. Who would be interested in putting together about 100 sack lunches and feeding the homeless with FMJacob William and I the day before the bbq starts? Did this on New Years day with some friends, was very rewarding. Looking to turn it into a tradition of some kind.
Ninety Five Cents? FUCK YOU!!! I'LL SKATE TO THE BEACH.
Pasta
Fucking Survivor....Fuck Cancer

Postby The MayorofRockNRoll on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:11 pm

Pasta wrote:These pickles are really fucking good.

I have one other proposal. Who would be interested in putting together about 100 sack lunches and feeding the homeless with FMJacob William and I the day before the bbq starts? Did this on New Years day with some friends, was very rewarding. Looking to turn it into a tradition of some kind.

I'd be game. You'd have to remind me a little ahead of time, tho.
I am a weird recluse only here for sex.

PRF Short Fiction Challenge

The staff weren't giving me the things I needed to do my job effectively and give the kids their money's worth...it wasn't too hard considering the concert was only $5
The MayorofRockNRoll
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby mrcancelled on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:59 pm

I'll definitely be there for this one.

Any demand for vegan food? If so, my girlfriend is an awesome cook and has offered to make a shitload of food.
mrcancelled
walter cronkite
walter cronkite

Postby jacobwilliam on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:08 pm

mrcancelled wrote:I'll definitely be there for this one.

Any demand for vegan food? If so, my girlfriend is an awesome cook and has offered to make a shitload of food.

That's rad. FM Pasta has some items that are vegan. Absolutely something we gotta take into consideration while menu planning.
jacobwilliam
chuck close
chuck close

Postby lumpenprole on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:19 pm

Hey, this is my first trip out for this, and I'm sorry for the new questions, but here we go.

Where's a good area to try and find a place keeping in mind I will not have a car?

What's the ticket situation? How does that work?
Proud member of Steel Tigers Of Death Local 382.
lumpenprole
steely dan roadie
steely dan roadie

Postby motorbike guy on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:47 pm

lookit where the venues are ( a page or two back) and either book a room or an airbnb in that neighborhood.

public transit in Chicago is fine. I rode the bus up Western from where I was staying to the venues. It was kool.

when it gets closer, somebody will post something about tickets. In the past, you could buy one day or Saturday+sunday tix. the one I went to, the ticket price included food and beer (oh the beer) and soft drinks. I imagine the ticket situation depends on the venues. so stay tuned.
Robert Ohlmstead wrote:Our warlike impulses and warlike pride are dangerously coupled with our insufferable vanity, our permanent immaturity, our lives of fear and pleasure.
motorbike guy
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby motorbike guy on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:47 pm

double post. sorry
Last edited by motorbike guy on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Ohlmstead wrote:Our warlike impulses and warlike pride are dangerously coupled with our insufferable vanity, our permanent immaturity, our lives of fear and pleasure.
motorbike guy

Postby lumpenprole on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:26 pm

motorbike guy wrote:lookit where the venues are ( a page or two back) and either book a room or an airbnb in that neighborhood.

public transit in Chicago is fine. I rode the bus up Western from where I was staying to the venues. It was kool.

when it gets closer, somebody will post something about tickets. In the past, you could buy one day or Saturday+sunday tix. the one I went to, the ticket price included food and beer (oh the beer) and soft drinks. I imagine the ticket situation depends on the venues. so stay tuned.

Thanks so much! Just booked my tickets! On the hunt for a place to stay.
Proud member of Steel Tigers Of Death Local 382.
lumpenprole
steely dan roadie
steely dan roadie

Postby jacobwilliam on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:39 pm

lumpenprole wrote:
motorbike guy wrote:lookit where the venues are ( a page or two back) and either book a room or an airbnb in that neighborhood.

Hey,

From my understanding the main event will be held in Avondale. Logan Square is right on the border as well. Even if you stayed at a place off of either Belmont or Diversey you'd have an easy one bus commute. Hope this helps.
jacobwilliam
chuck close
chuck close

Postby Tommy on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:51 am

jacobwilliam wrote:
lumpenprole wrote:

Hey,

From my understanding the main event will be held in Avondale. Logan Square is right on the border as well. Even if you stayed at a place off of either Belmont or Diversey you'd have an easy one bus commute. Hope this helps.

To piggyback on this, I live in this general neighborhood, so if it's Avondale/Logan you probably aren't going to want a hotel (if there even is one). Might be better to Airbnb. Longman&Eagle has rooms upstairs that used to be priced in line with Airbnb depending on time of year. Wouldn't be surprised if those have gone up though (I didn't look at pricing just now). But they're nice and right by public transit http://www.longmanandeagle.com/sleep/

Avondale's zip is 60618. Logan Square's is 60647. 60639 is right in that apex as well.
Tommy
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby motorbike guy on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:06 pm

for what its worth, i booked an one bedroom apartment through Airbnb for the entire weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, for like $300. And I had a whole apartment to myself. It was right near Western and Milwaukee, so I could take the train to and from the airport, and I just rode the bus up and down Western to go to EA, Quenchers, and Borelli's. The coffee place across the street was pretty good (ipsento??).

If I had a bag of weed, it woulda been like paradise.
motorbike guy

Postby jimmy two hands on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:35 pm

The place that's being considered and is most likely in the bag is near the Diversey and Pulaski intersection, so if you stay in west Logan or west Avondale you could probably walk there easy. Diversey bus connects to the Logan Square Blue line station (closest station to the spot), however it only runs until a little after 10 on weekends, so you can take it there but will need another way back. Here's the schedule. It's less than a mile walk if you're feeling limber. the Pulaski bus has owl service, so if you're staying north of the spot (Jeff Park / Albany Park / Irving Park) you can take that home any hour of the night. If you're closer to the lake, east / west owl lines that can get you to Pulaski are Lawrence, Belmont, and Chicago, though I'd opt against taking the Chicago bus since that goes right past the Drug Church on the way to Pulaski. Here's the CTA brochure with all the late night bus lines.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Tommy on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:58 pm

jimmy two hands wrote:the Pulaski bus has owl service, so if you're staying north of the spot (Jeff Park / Albany Park / Irving Park) you can take that home any hour of the night. If you're closer to the lake, east / west owl lines that can get you to Pulaski are Lawrence, Belmont, and Chicago, though I'd opt against taking the Chicago bus since that goes right past the Drug Church on the way to Pulaski.

Belmont is only 4 blocks from Diversey...
Tommy

Postby yard barf on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:28 pm

Tommy wrote:
jimmy two hands wrote:the Pulaski bus has owl service, so if you're staying north of the spot (Jeff Park / Albany Park / Irving Park) you can take that home any hour of the night. If you're closer to the lake, east / west owl lines that can get you to Pulaski are Lawrence, Belmont, and Chicago, though I'd opt against taking the Chicago bus since that goes right past the Drug Church on the way to Pulaski.

Belmont is only 4 blocks from Diversey...

God bless the grid.
yard barf
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Previous

Return to General Discussion