Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Most bizarre/surreal moments of your life

Postby Boombats on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:19 pm

Janeway always gotta be different
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Antero on Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:49 am

goatlord wrote:A couple of policemen doing coke on a bar full of policemen.

oh i see you've met policemen

"a duly sworn officer of the law, flagrantly breaking the law in full view of other officers of the law!"

you sweet summer child

let me tell you about the 4th amendment sometime
Is you crazy baby, I gots to grind
Antero
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby goatlord on Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:25 am

Antero wrote:
goatlord wrote:A couple of policemen doing coke on a bar full of policemen.

oh i see you've met policemen

"a duly sworn officer of the law, flagrantly breaking the law in full view of other officers of the law!"

you sweet summer child

let me tell you about the 4th amendment sometime

I'm not a very outgoing person, nor I'm very involved in demonstrations or offline political work (Yeah, yeah, my fault! I have to do somehting about it), so that's why maybe I'm not as hip on corrupt/inapropiate policemen behaviour. I'm vaguely aware of it, but seeing a flagrant demonstration of it was a bit shocking.

Also, I'm from Spain, where we are also a police state, but maybe not as noticable as in the USA.
YES YES YES YES RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD When in doubt, treat it as a record. Call your Records - Horse_ebooks
goatlord
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby elisha wiesner on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:47 am

I was in jail one night. In the cell by myself minding my own business. There was this combination toilet sink think. It had a water fountain on the top by the sink part. It had no seat or lid or anything. They brought in a really drunk dude to share the cell with me. He proceeded to say a bunch of racist shit and then pulled his pants down to his ankles, whipped out his dick, waved it around laughing and started pissing into the toilet. At the same time he was drinking out of the water fountain at the top of the thing. Surreal evening.
elisha wiesner
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby Boombats on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:36 am

elisha wiesner wrote:I was in jail one night. In the cell by myself minding my own business. There was this combination toilet sink think. It had a water fountain on the top by the sink part. It had no seat or lid or anything. They brought in a really drunk dude to share the cell with me. He proceeded to say a bunch of racist shit and then pulled his pants down to his ankles, whipped out his dick, waved it around laughing and started pissing into the toilet. At the same time he was drinking out of the water fountain at the top of the thing. Surreal evening.

One of my friends was sitting on the stoop watching another friend go take a piss across the street in a place where you're really not supposed to piss. He saw one of the foot cops, who saw my other guy go to the piss spot, and who started to follow to apprehend. Well I dunno if the pissing guy even knew he was being watched, but mid-stream he pointed his dick up and started pissing into his own mouth (wouldn't have been his first time as he was notorious for pee stuff). The beat cop saw that, did a 180º and took off, like "I'm not even gonna."
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby jimmy two hands on Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:53 pm

I've had a lot of surreal moments but the best one that comes to mind right now that isn't drug related is as follows:
I was walking to class when I was in college and there was a lot of noise in the diag at the center of campus. There was a huge crowd gathered and in the middle was three cops in full riot gear beating the ever-loving shit out of an old car with their nightsticks and there were maybe ten more cops behind them cheering them on, and they were all seriously pissed off. There were a couple hundred other people watching all this.
On the other side of the diag there were 3 religious protesters, not there protesting the cops beating the shit out of the car, just holding up their signs with pictures of dead fetuses. They were always there and usually yelling at people, and they looked a little sad that everyone was watching the cops smash up the car instead of paying attention to them. I walked past them on the way to my building and one of them shouted "hey!" as I walked by. I stopped and looked at them and the guy in the middle started shouting "BIBLE BIBLE BIBLE BIBLE" over and over and the other two joined in. I stood there for a bit and watched them and then left, and they were still going as I walked away. They must have gone on for at least three minutes just shouting "BIBLE" over and over.
Later I found out the cops were participating in charity event were you pay a campus group to smash an old clunker. There wasn't any signs advertising the event, and the cops were seriously pissed. The whole thing was really unsettling.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby The MayorofRockNRoll on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:22 pm

I feel like I've had a lot. However, one that sticks out is that I'd been hitchhiking, and I was going through Wichita, KS. I passed a bar in a roadside strip mall called the Half Time Sports Bar. There was a yellow marquee styled sign with a big arrow that read WE ARE NOT GAY. WE ARE A SPORTS BAR
I am a weird recluse only here for sex.

PRF Short Fiction Challenge

The staff weren't giving me the things I needed to do my job effectively and give the kids their money's worth...it wasn't too hard considering the concert was only $5
The MayorofRockNRoll
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby Pure L on Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:25 pm

9 years old.

Chased a kid on my bike who was a real dick.

Kid jumped off his bike and ran around a corner where a bike would have been difficult to manage.

I ditched my bike too and ran around that corner only to be confronted by a grown man in a chicken costume. It screamed at me like a woman but it was no woman. After nearly pissing my pants out of sheer adrenaline/fear I turned around and ran back towards my bike and rode away.

To this day I still have no idea wtf that was about.
Pure L
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby hayate on Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:29 pm

this thread.

this thread is great

— when I was young the cousins and I were always up to mischief every time wed get together for the summer. This once when I was twelve, I had a cast on my arm and I couldnt do much at the beach, but later in the afternoon we went around stomping peoples sand castles.. and many right in front of them as they put in the finishing touches.. and there was this guy in his thirties or fourties with his two boys making this huge pyramid. So the three of us lined up, with myself running in first. I jumped for it but did not land the second foot before the guy tackled me and threw a bucket of sandy water into my cast. I lay there on the ground stunned.. I wasnt angry because I deserved it but it was very strange to get beat up by a grown man three times my size, and no one ever uttering a single word.

— The time my sister killed herself was definitely surreal. Id just gotten out of the shower and my mother came downstairs asking me to come up and call 911. She lay there, head in my dads lap, convulsing. Chunks of brain and blood strewn on the wall and carpet. When the paramedics came and chaired her up, I just watched. Couldnt cry at all.. it was just strange, and disturbing.

—That time someone was hit by a freight, 15 feet away from where I slept.. I woke at five am to a cop yelling threats and telling me to gtfo. I went back to sleep in the same spot later that night and could see the blood and some entrails.. trying not to smell anything.

—Getting fired for some made up BS a couple summers ago was actually fairly bizarre.. My coworkers had all got together and spun a completely fictional story about me being sexually abuseive and violent or something and I totally did not see it coming. Huge wtf moment while walking back to my truck for the last time, all my tools gathered up.

— Listening to my dad suck off this dude we were living with, on the other side of the wall.. a most unwelcome surprise. Gathered together my things and left hours later, without saying anything. Totally disturbed, again.

— This once I went to a “punk” show with someone i knew from highschool.. halfway through the show one of the band members punches me in the face and half the audience immediately crowds in and drags me out. No explanations given. After some reflecting Ive concluded that they mustve thought I was drunk.. because I have a tendency to look drunk long before I ever start feeling drunk. I am an extremely easy going guy and have never been in a serious fight in my life, so being accosted out of the blue like that was a strange feeling. Feeling legitamately pissed and no one particular to take it out on.

— And yeah.. jail is always a bad dream. At least one flew over the cuckoos nest had heart in it.. jailbirds are beyond heartless, their insides are gone and repaced with fruit loops and spam. . zlistening to the screams and hollering, the psychotic taunts and whistling and laughing.. Dont know whats more surreal, the days your locked up or the days you got released and feel like youre walking on air.

But the single most surreal and only unexplainable occurance in my life was the time I slept in a field in tulsa oklahoma, west of downtown and just south of the river where industry meets countryside. Id woke up to find that the strap to my canteen was missing. Nowhere to be found.. and Id not gone to sleep drunk and there was no distubances or footprints in the dirt... I clearly remembered setting the canteen down next to me, shoulder strap accounted for... and it would have taken hands to detach it from the canteen and leave it standing where id set it.
For the rest of the day I was completely mystified, consumed in thought and seriously questioning my own sanity. To this day.. I swear! Never any ghosts or ufos or voices, but that missing Shoulder strap will forever haunt me.
hayate
warren spahn
warren spahn

Postby The MayorofRockNRoll on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:38 pm

first2letters wrote:Another weird thing I did once is drive 3/4 of Helmet through downtown Cleveland in my Geo Metro. We were heading from their opening gig for Marilyn Manson to an after-party at some industrial club whose name I can't recall. Page Hamilton was already there, so he did not ride in my car. The guys were really nice, and not bothered by having to squeeze into a clown car with no air-conditioning to go meet up with the frontman of their band.

I'd corresponded with Page a couple of times, and once with Peter, very early 90s. Super nice guys. I wrote page and he wrote me back after a wine glass he was going to throw at someone during a fight shattered in his hand. It was all stitched up and his writing was barely legible.

The times I saw them were at The Outhouse. The second time I passed them on K-10 and there was a moment of Hey- this guy's going to our show. When I'd corresponded with Page I still lived at my parents' house, on a street called Drury. Something about that stuck with Page. He asked, when I saw him later, "You still live at that house on Drury?"
I am a weird recluse only here for sex.

PRF Short Fiction Challenge

The staff weren't giving me the things I needed to do my job effectively and give the kids their money's worth...it wasn't too hard considering the concert was only $5
The MayorofRockNRoll
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby RSMurphy on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:35 pm

I was lucky enough to sit in the path of totality for the total eclipse that happened a few months ago and can say that without a doubt that was the most surreal moment in my life. I've done my fair share of drugs in addition to bearing witness to many a pee story (not all of them sexy), but if one is lucky enough you get to experience light and colors that unfortunately lay dormant for most of one's life. Every day, or evening, you wake-up and see the same old shit all the fucking time: it's either sunny, partly sunny, overcast, or nighttime....all the time. People look the same in this lighting. The Earth looks the same in this lighting. I was all ooogly and close to freaking-out in this new lighting. My friend was speaking to me during this, but she could have been speaking Russian for all I knew because I was so focused on her silvery skin and the impossible twilight that surrounded all of us. I think I enjoyed the lead-up to it more than staring at the black hole in the sky. Goddam, that was fucking great and insane. I strongly recommended for you to attend on April 8 in 2024. Oddly enough it will follow the same path I sat through in Johnston City, IL, on my buddy's farm.
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby givemenoughrope on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:09 pm

Slow dancing with Don Rickles cheek to cheek in front of about 1,000 people.

Going to a "rehearsal" with Vincent Gallo's "band"...waiting about 20 minutes for him to tune his Travis Bean without a tuner until it dawned on me that he was playing and this was the music.

Getting pulled over and handcuffed by police over a domestic disturbance and the cop ended up telling me all about his marital problems and letting me go.

Sitting on the corner between a jazz club, a punk venue, a bunch of bars and strip clubs in North Beach, SF after my gf had booted me (on a trip with no money) and just watching people file out of each, bump into each other and scuffle.

Accidentally having the end of an unclipped guitar string find it's way into a wall socket when I leaned over to move a pedal.

Getting chased by a bear back up a mountain trail I had just hiked down.

Trying to carefully jump from a moving train as it picked up speed.
vockins wrote:So it's like the Finnegan's Wake of Super Bowl ads.
givemenoughrope

Postby matthew on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:34 pm

Quite a number of the posts, exchanges and so forth which I have engaged in/read on this webform over the past 13 years have been pretty surreal.

That says something.

In any case, Adveniat regnum tuum, Jesus Christus. Haec est veritas.
...diesque nostros in tua pace disponas...
matthew
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby mrcancelled on Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:55 pm

My own life ain't too exciting but when I was about 17 I watched some buddies cook crack in my friend's parents' kitchen one evening (the parents were out of town) and then watched them smoke it in the backyard. This wasn't a regular occurrence, the one kind-of-buddy was also kind of a junky, so this kind of shit would only go down on the occasions he would come around.

Later that night I went home to my parents place and went to bed. Around 6 a.m. I get a call from my friend whose house I'd been at the night before. Him and the junky friend were in the north Georgia mountains. He told me they had run his dad's car off the road and had hit a tree. They were OK but the car was totaled and they needed to get the fuck out of there as soon as possible, and could I pick them up? Of course.

I get up to leave and my dad is already awake. 17-year-old me up at 6 a.m. on a Saturday morning is unheard of. I half-asleep tell my dad that some friends were in trouble and I had to pick them up. At this moment, uncharacteristically of my father, he just said alright and let me go without asking any questions. Thanks dad.

After driving and picking them up, they told me the full story of what had happened that night. This was a long story, and I'm sure I'm leaving out some details, but here's a loose timeline of highlights:

- That night, after I left, they smoked some more crack, and some weed, and they also decided to take ambien. The ambien, they told me, was really what did them in.

- They decided to take my friend's dad's car to go downtown to Atlanta. I'm not 100% but I think I remember that they'd run out of weed and went down there to pick some up from someone they knew.

- One of them decided that it would be a fun idea if they took my friend's father's PISTOL along with them.

- At some point, in some parking lot in downtown Atlanta, they thought it would be funny to shoot the gun at parked cars. They shoot out the tires of some car and then they freak out, get back in their car and speed off.

- I don't know why they decided to head to the mountains. A bit of geography for some perspective: everyone lived in the north suburbs, so they drove about 30-40 minutes south to Atlanta, and then left there and drove another hour north of where we lived, at least, to wind up in the mountains.

- Driving recklessly around a curvy mountain road, they lose control and crash the car. They quickly ditch the car, and call me to pick them up.

After that, all bruised up, they walk to a gas station, try shoplifting food and end up having to run out of the place into the woods. I ended up having to track them down at some dumpster they were hiding out in. I pick them up and take them back to my friend's parents' house.

My friend no longer smokes crack and is now married and works as an insurance claims adjuster.

Junky friend kept doing junky shit for a while but last I'd heard he'd cleaned up too.
mrcancelled
johnny cash
johnny cash

Previous

Return to General Discussion