home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Ben Abraham on Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:49 pm

Sounds good Jeff. I'll get in touch once we have the venues sorted.
Ben Abraham
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3894
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:16 am
Location: New York City

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Boombats on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:11 pm

Sorry to track dirt onto this clean new page, but I just gotta say to pwalshj that I see your private message but am gonna ignore it for now. Rarely have I received a PM from someone who was beefing with me that wasn't better handled in public. It's sneaky and I'm not interested in griffing with you in private. In the slim chance that your message is an attempt to extend the olive leaf (or olive loaf), well it can wait til tomorrow. That is all folks, carry on.
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 19540
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby jeff_fox on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:36 pm

You all need to fuckin chill, and that's my word. This is dumb.
zom-zom wrote:Posterior means butt.
Gay Name|Hungry Man|MegaMaul|Blank Banker
User avatar
jeff_fox
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7236
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Ben Abraham on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:25 pm

jeff_fox wrote:You all need to fuckin chill, and that's my word. This is dumb.




+1
Ben Abraham
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3894
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:16 am
Location: New York City

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby pwalshj on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:40 am

Okay. Here's my message:

Bats,
How could I have a “beef” with you? You’re calling out Ryan and John both here and on facebook and saying everyone is to old and tired to put a show together then when I bust your balls a bit you claim I’M making it personal? Your response then is that you will ignore me or punch me, but you don’t want to make things akward.

We all want a show to happen. You’re not alone in your frustration. I would prefer to be positive as opposed to dwelling on negativity and blaming other members of the community. We’re not getting the time back so lets both knock it off and put on a gig.
Cheers,
P
"If you aren't offered a hot dog or a burger this week it ain't them... It's you." - Ray Chimaro - July 1st 2009
User avatar
pwalshj
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
 
Posts: 2911
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:34 am
Location: Funnyside, baby

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Ben Abraham on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:10 am

Yes, agree. Pos vibes please.


Christ, I've lived in California for way too long.
Ben Abraham
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3894
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:16 am
Location: New York City

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby andteater on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:20 am

is there anything i can do to help make this situation more aggravated?

PM me if you have suggestions.
User avatar
andteater
saw big cat
saw big cat
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:29 pm
Location: south loop

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby motorbike guy on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:47 am

for crissake, you are both awesome standup dudes.

for this old, tired former musician, I have great respect for you both. I like both your bands.
Johnny, you are better than this, I know. And Pat, while I have only briefly met you, I can't believe, based on the people you call friends and your posts and past real life behavior, that you are the kind of person to burn the whole thing down over this shit.

Both of you put your egos back in your pants and remember why we are here, and why anyone would be foolish enough to put on a multi-day, multi-band rock show in NYC for no fucking money at all.

Do it for the kids, man.
Robert Ohlmstead wrote:Our warlike impulses and warlike pride are dangerously coupled with our insufferable vanity, our permanent immaturity, our lives of fear and pleasure.
User avatar
motorbike guy
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:49 pm
Location: hope well

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Boombats on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:14 pm

pwalshj wrote:Okay. Here's my message:

Bats,
How could I have a “beef” with you? You’re calling out Ryan and John both here and on facebook and saying everyone is to old and tired to put a show together then when I bust your balls a bit you claim I’M making it personal? Your response then is that you will ignore me or punch me, but you don’t want to make things akward.

We all want a show to happen. You’re not alone in your frustration. I would prefer to be positive as opposed to dwelling on negativity and blaming other members of the community. We’re not getting the time back so lets both knock it off and put on a gig.
Cheers,
P

Ryan and John can totally handle it. We understand each other and it's all good on that front!

I think you all are over-reading my original statement. Yeah it wasn't my finest moment but it reflected my honest feelings. You chose to take it to the ugly level by accusing me of being
pwalshj wrote:too repugnant to be a bandmate

which is just ridiculous and easily proved incorrect.

So you are the one who brought the beef; I just charred it beyond recognition. Because I'm hot.

You seem to be sensitive about the "old and tired" theme which wasn't even my point. My point was that a lot of fuckin' time has passed. Yeah people have of course aged as that's how time works; I just used gray nut hairs to illustrate my point ("Santa's Beard Or Pubes?). I'm sorry if getting old is upsetting for anyone; I happen to love doing it, but then again most people who meet me think I'm much younger so maybe I should "check my privilege." Whatever, y'all.

You're engaging in that tired internet gambit of "don't take it personal when I get personal, oh how dare you get personal now" bullshit. You insulted me off the cuff so don't expect me to turn the other cheek. If my response was shocking, well the smelling salts are in the medicine cabinet. People gotta stop clutching their pearls and start reaching for their nuts.
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 19540
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby motorbike guy on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:52 pm

ahh you can take the boombats out of the lonesome bulldog, but you can't take the lonesome bulldog out of the boombats.
Robert Ohlmstead wrote:Our warlike impulses and warlike pride are dangerously coupled with our insufferable vanity, our permanent immaturity, our lives of fear and pleasure.
User avatar
motorbike guy
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:49 pm
Location: hope well

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Boombats on Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:13 pm

That's racist j/k j/k j/k
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 19540
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby pwalshj on Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:19 am

Boombats wrote:
I think you all are over-reading my original statement. Yeah it wasn't my finest moment but it reflected my honest feelings.
You may be correct.

Boombats wrote:You chose to take it to the ugly level by accusing me of being
pwalshj wrote:too repugnant to be a bandmate

which is just ridiculous and easily proved incorrect.
Like you, I said something ridiculous to get a reaction.

So we can move on and stop cluttering up the thread with posturing. Excellent. Let's put on a gig.
"If you aren't offered a hot dog or a burger this week it ain't them... It's you." - Ray Chimaro - July 1st 2009
User avatar
pwalshj
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
 
Posts: 2911
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:34 am
Location: Funnyside, baby

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Boombats on Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:36 am

What I said wasn't ridiculous, and I don't say things to get a reaction unless that reaction is laughter to a harmless joke, and I don't like to joke at others' expense unless they're in on it. If I'm gonna insult someone I won't pretend it's just a joke or claim I'm just being "ridiculous to get a reaction" like you claim you are. I may like to play but I'm deadass right now.

This whole thing would not have come about if we were face to face, partly because you wouldn't talk shit to me at arm's length, and mainly because any conscious person would be able to read my tone and body language and take what I say in context, at least unless they were being too racked by their own insecurities to be able to tell where I'm coming from. The more insightful FMs that I've met have been able to tell who I really am and what I really mean well before we ever met in person, but maybe I'm expecting too much from the peanut gallery.
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 19540
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Ben Abraham on Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:49 am

Boombats wrote:What I said wasn't ridiculous, and I don't say things to get a reaction unless that reaction is laughter to a harmless joke, and I don't like to joke at others' expense unless they're in on it. If I'm gonna insult someone I won't pretend it's just a joke or claim I'm just being "ridiculous to get a reaction" like you claim you are. I may like to play but I'm deadass right now.

This whole thing would not have come about if we were face to face, partly because you wouldn't talk shit to me at arm's length, and mainly because any conscious person would be able to read my tone and body language and take what I say in context, at least unless they were being too racked by their own insecurities to be able to tell where I'm coming from. The more insightful FMs that I've met have been able to tell who I really am and what I really mean well before we ever met in person, but maybe I'm expecting too much from the peanut gallery.


I don't mean to discredit your feelings or anything, but can I request we move this sparring match to another thread?
Ben Abraham
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3894
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:16 am
Location: New York City

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby pwalshj on Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:51 am

Boombats wrote:any conscious person would be able to read my tone and body language and take what I say in context,

Maybe we are having issues communicating via this medium then. To reiterate, let's stop cluttering up this thread with posturing.
"If you aren't offered a hot dog or a burger this week it ain't them... It's you." - Ray Chimaro - July 1st 2009
User avatar
pwalshj
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
 
Posts: 2911
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:34 am
Location: Funnyside, baby

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Big John on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:30 am

Mercury Lounge will be a great venue for Friday as the PA sound is tops and it has a nice separate bar space for people to talk. This is a great kick off space. Thanks for all the great effort Ben!
User avatar
Big John
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4166
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Ben Abraham on Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:49 pm

Direct all thanks to our friend, Tom at Merc. He's the one hooking it up.

But yes. I think the room size is ideal and we'll also have access to "the green room" aka. their built out basement area that's ideal for hanging out.
Ben Abraham
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3894
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:16 am
Location: New York City

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby night_tools on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:27 am

Watching with great interest. Not cos of the beefin'. Less beef, more burgers!
You're a shit MD and I want my pizza money back.
User avatar
night_tools
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5350
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:32 am
Location: Solar Island

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby the finger genius on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:53 pm

I've got a guest room as well where we should be able to put some people up. You will be awakened at 6AM by screaming kids though.

Also, when do band submissions start? How do we play this thing?
jimmy two hands wrote:Then we all log off internet and eat nachos. All is well.

Eighteen Hundred and Froze to Death
User avatar
the finger genius
took picture of naked guy
took picture of naked guy
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 10:04 pm
Location: NJ

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Ben Abraham on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:25 am

We're working on securing a venue for Saturday and Sunday. Sign ups will be posted soon after that.
Ben Abraham
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3894
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:16 am
Location: New York City

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 18 guests