home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby pwalshj on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:14 pm

Put me down for a sound slot.
"If you aren't offered a hot dog or a burger this week it ain't them... It's you." - Ray Chimaro - July 1st 2009
User avatar
pwalshj
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
 
Posts: 2911
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:34 am
Location: Funnyside, baby

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Boombats on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:22 pm

This is happening almost exactly on the date when my drummer is moving away and my band ends. I'd like to thank everyone who dragged their heels on this for the past 8 years
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 19531
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby pwalshj on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:43 pm

Boombats wrote:This is happening almost exactly on the date when my drummer is moving away and my band ends. I'd like to thank everyone who dragged their heels on this for the past 8 years

Sorry to inconvenience you.
"If you aren't offered a hot dog or a burger this week it ain't them... It's you." - Ray Chimaro - July 1st 2009
User avatar
pwalshj
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
 
Posts: 2911
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:34 am
Location: Funnyside, baby

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Boombats on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:47 pm

pwalshj wrote:
Boombats wrote:This is happening almost exactly on the date when my drummer is moving away and my band ends. I'd like to thank everyone who dragged their heels on this for the past 8 years

Sorry to inconvenience you.

Not your fault man, you didn't offer a venue and then disappear for months
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 19531
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Ben Abraham on Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:47 pm

Update: we have a tentative hold at Mercury Lounge for Friday, Aug 31. Other PRF NYC folks are trying to wrangle a chiller spot for Saturday and Sunday. Will update as more info comes in.
Ben Abraham
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3894
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:16 am
Location: New York City

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Ben Abraham on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:16 pm

Boombats wrote:
pwalshj wrote:
Boombats wrote:This is happening almost exactly on the date when my drummer is moving away and my band ends. I'd like to thank everyone who dragged their heels on this for the past 8 years

Sorry to inconvenience you.

Not your fault man, you didn't offer a venue and then disappear for months


I'm sorry your band can't play this thing.

Boombats, if you or anyone else can help set up one of these things up, I'd be happy to take a back seat, show up, and drink with my friends. Setting these things up is difficult. They require a lot of favors and a fuckton of goodwill from generous people that have to pay their rents too.

I've never thought of PRF BBQs as anything other than a community driven event, and it sure as shit ain't my show, so again, if someone else wants to lead, I'm happy to not be involved. If you can't do that, being positive and supportive also make this endeavor a bit less of a headache for those that are.
Last edited by Ben Abraham on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Abraham
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3894
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:16 am
Location: New York City

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Boombats on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:23 pm

I'll totally come and help, that's not the issue. I'm just curious what happened to the Footlights venue that was promised, and I'm frustrated that this thing just sat and rotted for so long when people said they were on it. It's just an unfortunate kick in the nuts that it took so long to get started that my band managed to be born and die of old age in the meantime. Shit, you moved to California and back in the time it's taken for this thing to even become a possibility again. People have met and married and had multiple kids since the last one! FMbleh's nut hairs have gone from ginger to grey since the last NYCBBQ. It's just ridiculous is all.
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 19531
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby pwalshj on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:32 pm

Boombats wrote:People have met and married and had multiple kids since the last one!


Sorry to inconvenience you.
"If you aren't offered a hot dog or a burger this week it ain't them... It's you." - Ray Chimaro - July 1st 2009
User avatar
pwalshj
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
 
Posts: 2911
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:34 am
Location: Funnyside, baby

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Boombats on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:38 pm

pwalshj wrote:
Boombats wrote:People have met and married and had multiple kids since the last one!


Sorry to inconvenience you.

It's the American taxpayer y'all should be apologizing to
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 19531
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby pwalshj on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:55 am

Boombats: What have you done to secure any venues? Have you sourced any equipment or talent? Are you sincerely frustrated because you were "promised' a venue to perform in or is it that you can't keep a band together long enough for that to happen? Maybe you're too repugnant to be a bandmate.

Don't you live in the Hudson Valley somewhere? Like over an hour away from NYC? It's a lot harder to march in to a place in NYC and say that you are going to take it over; music, booze, food, etc.

Admittedly, we (ie: everyone who is not you) have been saddled with the unfortunate weaknesses of humanity that you have pointed out; families, children, mortgages. You know, grown up stuff.

Your swipes have been getting lower and more petty and I suspect it's because (as you keep pointing out) it's been 8 years and you are the only one of us who hasn't evolved in the least.

Instead of whinging about how people aren't doing free work for you I would suggest you try doing some work for all of us and being inclusive. That seems to be beyond you so I would prefer you feck off.

I know a small child who can help your drummer carry his tiny piccolo snare when he moves out. You can bond with him. You have a lot in common.
"If you aren't offered a hot dog or a burger this week it ain't them... It's you." - Ray Chimaro - July 1st 2009
User avatar
pwalshj
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
 
Posts: 2911
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:34 am
Location: Funnyside, baby

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Boombats on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:22 am

pwalshj wrote:Boombats: What have you done to secure any venues? Have you sourced any equipment or talent? Are you sincerely frustrated because you were "promised' a venue to perform in or is it that you can't keep a band together long enough for that to happen? Maybe you're too repugnant to be a bandmate.

Don't you live in the Hudson Valley somewhere? Like over an hour away from NYC? It's a lot harder to march in to a place in NYC and say that you are going to take it over; music, booze, food, etc.

Admittedly, we (ie: everyone who is not you) have been saddled with the unfortunate weaknesses of humanity that you have pointed out; families, children, mortgages. You know, grown up stuff.

Your swipes have been getting lower and more petty and I suspect it's because (as you keep pointing out) it's been 8 years and you are the only one of us who hasn't evolved in the least.

Instead of whinging about how people aren't doing free work for you I would suggest you try doing some work for all of us and being inclusive. That seems to be beyond you so I would prefer you feck off.

I know a small child who can help your drummer carry his tiny piccolo snare when he moves out. You can bond with him. You have a lot in common.

Listen to Robert Downey Senior busting balls over here.

If you knew how to read you'd see that my drummer is moving away. His wife is going into a PhD archaeology program in another state. Our band relationship is perfectly harmonious and he and I have been playing happily together for 15 years, thank you very much, in bands with a trillion times the balls of your corny Replacements wannabe shit (sorry Houlihan).

I have certainly evolved more in the past 8 years than you have. I've been sober the entire time since before the 2010 NYCBBQ, am about to get my BA in psychology and am looking at Master's programs. I'm not a booze sodden old shriv like you seem to be.

If you sincerely lack the empathy to see how it might be frustrating for me for this to finally (maybe) be on the horizon once it's too late for me to participate as I'd liked, when I have been trying to motivate this event (look on FB as well as the other EA threads I've started and participated in) for ages, well that's your problem. I don't need anything from you, and I have been offering my assistance to everyone else involved since jump street. All you do is pop in with your crabby shit once in a while and talk crap. I've been trying to "do work" but nothing's materialized, which has been completely out of my hands. I've offered alternative places, gear, and anything else I can do, but the whole thing was on hold while FM sixacrelake was kind of AWOL. Now I understand why that was, but that doesn't help anything happen.

The lamest part of this is that as said, yeah this is supposed to be a community thing. So what the fuck is wrong with the NY community, that this has been so hard to accomplish? It's more than the lack of venue, I am certain.
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 19531
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby pwalshj on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:34 am

Most people who take psychology courses tend to practice on themselves. It's the natural inclination.

The only thing wrong with the NY community is finances and litigation. It has nothing to do with you.

You've been crabby for ages. I'm just sick of hearing it.
"If you aren't offered a hot dog or a burger this week it ain't them... It's you." - Ray Chimaro - July 1st 2009
User avatar
pwalshj
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
 
Posts: 2911
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:34 am
Location: Funnyside, baby

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby numberthirty on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:48 am

Jeez...

One guy's take...

The natural state of trying to put stuff like this together is that it -

- Will Take A Lot Of Things Falling Into Place To Work Out
- Won't Work Out.

I can get being bummed about how things finally working out(which, let's be realistic, still might not work out). That doesn't really mean that taking off your watch and throwing nut shots like Ric Flair is the play.

That said...

Walsh, what was the record you came out to EA to be the drums and bass on last year? I was gonna check that out, but it slipped my mind.

Boombats, bummed that this isn't gonna play itself out the way you would have wanted.
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
User avatar
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 19386
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:28 am

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Boombats on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:57 am

numberthirty wrote:I can get being bummed about how things finally working out(which, let's be realistic, still might not work out). That doesn't really mean that taking off your watch and throwing nut shots like Ric Flair is the play.

I only responded to what was put out there in the first place. pwalshj is laughably wrong in all his assertions, and since he wanted to start a personal thing then I have no qualms about responding in kind.

I hope this event works out regardless of any dirty dirt. pwalshj if you have some previously unspoken grief, well I'm content with ignoring each other at the BBQ for everyone else's sake. If you would rather settle it like barbarians then I suggest you start practicing spitting out teeth.
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 19531
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby pwalshj on Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:18 am

You're up here: —

I'm gonna need you around here: _
"If you aren't offered a hot dog or a burger this week it ain't them... It's you." - Ray Chimaro - July 1st 2009
User avatar
pwalshj
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
 
Posts: 2911
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:34 am
Location: Funnyside, baby

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Thanasis on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:57 am

There is a better than 80% chance that I will be in NYC around this time. Nothing is locked in yet. Should it happen, I'd be glad to help in whatever way i can.
User avatar
Thanasis
greek
greek
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:59 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby the finger genius on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:41 am

Have you guys considered a counselor?

Jeez. I understand being frustrated that it hasn't worked out, but sometimes things don't work out. If someone else can't do something for us we do it for ourselves. I hope this one happens.

Bats - I've been trying to get some leads on venues / shows down here for a smaller show or two sometime this spring, maybe you'd want to come play.
jimmy two hands wrote:Then we all log off internet and eat nachos. All is well.

Eighteen Hundred and Froze to Death
User avatar
the finger genius
took picture of naked guy
took picture of naked guy
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 10:04 pm
Location: NJ

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Ben Abraham on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:21 am

Everything will awesome, you guys. Everything will awesome.
Ben Abraham
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3894
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:16 am
Location: New York City

Re: PRF NYC event 2018 Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby Boombats on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:43 am

the finger genius wrote:Jeez. I understand being frustrated that it hasn't worked out, but sometimes things don't work out. If someone else can't do something for us we do it for ourselves. I hope this one happens.

And hey I commend Ben Abraham for taking the reins on this! I tried lighting the fire over the past year or so but am out of matches. Walshy is just trying to spin my normal frustration of missing out on this into some other shit because there's obviously some spoiled beef. My reply to his coming at me is not in any way directed at anyone involved in the event and I'm sorry if anyone feels ill from the fallout. this is between two men alone.

the finger genius wrote:Bats - I've been trying to get some leads on venues / shows down here for a smaller show or two sometime this spring, maybe you'd want to come play.

I appreciate it. Keep us posted and lessee what happens.
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 19531
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: PRF NYC 2018: Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2018

Postby jeff_fox on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:14 pm

Hey guys!!
Just dropping in to say, believe it or not, Hungry Man would like to play this! Anybody wanna put us up? We love NYC! Also, if there's nothing going on Thursday night that would be ideal, because I need to drop in and say hi to my old buds at The Eagle.
Jeff
zom-zom wrote:Posterior means butt.
Gay Name|Hungry Man|MegaMaul|Blank Banker
User avatar
jeff_fox
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7236
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests