home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Best show lineup you have played

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Best show lineup you have played

Postby DrAwkward on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:55 pm

What's the wildest lineup of bands your band has played with (excepting PRFBBQs for those applicable)? Maybe you shared a bill with some amazing touring acts, or maybe you happened onto a bill with a ska band, a harsh noise artist, and Mucca Pazza.

Mine: opening the Beloit College annual Vortex show in 2005, the lineup of which was Murder By Death, Mustard Plug, Dalek, Cougars, and us. Craziest hodgepodge lineup ever, but so great. All the bands got along and everyone kicked ass.

(Feel free to kerble this if a thread exists already; i don't remember)
Stinky Pete wrote:BDSM is a bit like Queens of the Stone Age in that it's basically fine to be into, but a bit worrying if you're obsessed with it.

Body Futures
IfIHadAHiFi
Martian Dance Invasion!
DrAwkward
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Re: Best show lineup you have played

Postby El Protoolio on Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:06 pm

The Gersch with Loga and Crack Torch at the Linwood in Boston in spring of 1998.

The Gersch was my band with Cliff Meyer before he was in Isis and Jon Ruhe before he was in Ho-Ag. Loga was drummer Aaron Harris’s 3 piece noise rock band before he was in Isis, and Crack Torch was a local super group made up of members of Quintaine Americana, Vehicle Birth and Los Conquistadors Del Rock.

We were on second between Loga and Crack Torch. I booked the show and put the bill together. Crack Torch was a favorite local band, as was Loga. Our sound guy had been in La Gritona and was currently in Michael Mancini, other favorite bands of mine. The Linwood had a new PA system they were proud of. I was proud of the bill and the recognition of my peers through their participation and acceptance of us and who I looked up to as inspiration.

Our sound guy broke the PA and almost got beaten up. No one got paid. All the bands brought it and rocked despite the technical problems and made it out unharmed. What a great fucking night.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby andteater on Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:48 pm

so many great ones, but i remember playing in a skate park with Sweep the Leg Johnny & Cheer Accident around 1999 or 2000. that was good.

oh wait. played w/ Sicbay & the Vida Blue at the fireside, that was great.

played w/ Last of the Juanitas, Erase Errata, Ten Grand at the fireside as well.

back in the day I got to play a lot of shows with all of my favorite bands. the late 90s were great.

andyk
andteater
penguinologist
penguinologist

Postby RSMurphy on Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Barring the wealth of prf-shows and/or fests Whales was humbled to play with, playing with Shiner, and the Dishes was a pretty great bill.

Another old band played with Bow Wow Wow at a Michigan Pride festival. They were totally on, Burundi beats and all, but we're the biggest fucking pricks. Like, for real.
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Evin Relocation on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:31 pm

How so, RSM?

(I like "that guy was a prick" stories.)
Evin Relocation
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby lumpenprole on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:30 pm

I think opening for OFF! stands out in my head because it was the closest to playing with all the bands of my youth.
Proud member of Steel Tigers Of Death Local 382.
lumpenprole
robert motherwell
robert motherwell

Postby tallchris on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:59 pm

I know we're not counting PRFBBQs but the post-dinner lineup that went Post Honeymoon->Cartographer->Police Teeth->Bottomless Pit->The Hype w/ Albiz is probably my favorite lineup any band I've been in has played.
Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
tallchris
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby RSMurphy on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:03 pm

Evin Relocation wrote:How so, RSM?

Man, I'm a nice guy, you know? Affable, but not loquacious or overbearing. Totally cute too. I believe in camaraderie, especially between bands that are sharing a bill, and that goes double if the performance is for a good cause. We were just snubbed is all. I mean, like,

me: hi! so nice to meet you and share this day together...

bow wow wows: *halfway smiles politely* *keeps walking*

Annabella Lwin says nothing. Nobody says nothing. Barely acknowledged me, save for the half-smile. I consider snubbing someone as prickish behavior.
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Barbo on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:47 pm

Mu brother and my first band played a show in 1993 with Spoke. Changed our lives. We were terrible.

Most of my other favorites are just times we played with friends. I remember being on tour with 12 Hour Turn and playing at ABC No Rio with an early Engine Down.

We have played a lot of shows with terrible lineups. I am sure the other bands thought the same of us.

Jon
Barbo
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby Verbs & Nouns on Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:35 am

These two shows.

That was our first show. The singer of PGMG was sick, so the ended recruiting people from the audience, including our singer.
Verbs & Nouns
richard diebenkorn
richard diebenkorn

Postby Verbs & Nouns on Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:37 am

andteater wrote:so many great ones, but i remember playing in a skate park with Sweep the Leg Johnny & Cheer Accident around 1999 or 2000. that was good.

oh wait. played w/ Sicbay & the Vida Blue at the fireside, that was great.

played w/ Last of the Juanitas, Erase Errata, Ten Grand at the fireside as well.

back in the day I got to play a lot of shows with all of my favorite bands. the late 90s were great.

andyk

Those shows sound rad. Love Ten Grand.
Verbs & Nouns
richard diebenkorn
richard diebenkorn

Postby Seby on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:13 am

I played before Tennis of All Kinds the other night. That was a big deal to me!
Seby
bobcat
bobcat

Postby diego on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:44 am

We played before and shared the stage with some very cool bands such as Dianogah, Three Second Kiss, Wire or also STNNG, and all of them being very lovely people.

But I must say sharing the stage with Mister David Yow on 6 consecutive nights was one hell of a fucking highlight for us. Mr Yow, I salute you! :smt006
diego
the white ho
the white ho

Return to General Discussion