home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Little details from your day

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Little details from your day

Postby hayate on Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:18 pm

Kind of the same reason I can handle the cheap taste of Ice House beer.. A cool dude mentioned it one time.. So it's been icehouse for me ever since. Can't beat 5% abv at that price.

Or steel reserve, for that matter. Earth quake looks and tastes gross, steel reserve is hobo nectar... even though I'm fairly sure there's no real difference in taste whatsoever.

Guess I'm kind of a lesbo like that.
hayate
warren spahn
warren spahn

Postby kokorodoko on Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:13 pm

kokorodoko wrote:Bought Sour Patch, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Hot Tamales because I saw them in a youtube clip. They were expensive as shit. Slave of advertising, yes sir.

Back with review:

Sour Patch: I like how it explicitly says "Artificially flavored" on the front. The taste of some of them seem deliberately engineered to resemble nothing in the real world. Good marks overall though.

PBC: I thought it was going to be some snickers-type thing, but it's literally peanut butter inside chocolate. I'd rather just put it on a piece of bread, know what I'm saying?

Hot Tamales: Pointless. Where is the hot? There's a dash of cinnamon and then the rest is like Turkish delight, sweetness without character.
Janeway wrote:it’s like, why do people say paper covers rock when we all know paper is a lil bish that gets paper weighted by smooth river rocks, you just need to rock out wheneve paperwork has got you down.
kokorodoko
kofi annan
kofi annan

Postby travis k on Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:12 pm

I took my first bong rip in at least 5 years today.( I smoke pot daily but just a baby bat hit every few hours.)
Anyway , a memory hit me like a ton of bricks for no reason at all.
I was dating this woman who had a home in Hudson , NY.
So we take a train up there for the weekend. She spent one particular morning showing me around town.
At some point she tells me to look at this guy down the street but to be conspicuous about it. Late 20s guy looking pretty sullen and lonely with his head down.
She proceeded to tell me that he had some sort of drug fueled car accident years before that killed at least 2 people( I can't remember the number of deaths).
His name is Mark. But ever since that accident he has been known in town as Dark Mark.
travis k
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby Janeway on Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:00 am

i swear to god, we're down to one fork in this bish.

i think i might accidentally be throwing away forks, prob in pizza boxes. i dont know what happens but its like twice a year it's down to one fork and im not sure what could be happening unless its some big joke on me. i think i throw away forks
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby mmmribsmmm on Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:37 pm

Severance package is coming through at the end of the month. I still get my bonus and will qualify for unemployment. My office mates can suck all the dicks while I sit at home and take all the naps.

Things are looking up.
http://steadystateskc.bandcamp.com/

"Get in the car, I'm from the future."
mmmribsmmm
"kick a ginger day" victim
"kick a ginger day" victim

Postby El Protoolio on Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:52 pm

My weed guy was giving out Girl Scout cookies as a sort of client appreciation thing. Scored some Thin Mints. Also some OG Blueberry.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Facundo on Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:05 pm

Today I came from Vigo. Today I bought another Fender SC112 1x12" cabinet. Today I made my first production in Google Music Maker DAW, the worst DAW of the history but better than some wide used ones. Here's the killer track:

https://goo.gl/U7f9Fx
Facundo
ernie
ernie

Postby Antero on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:11 am

Got to actually play some music today. A friend wanted to record a couple tracks before he moves across the country (for a tenure-track professorship at a major university!) and he asked me to sit in on guitar. And my old band's drummer is going to jump in as well. It's fun.
Is you crazy baby, I gots to grind
Antero
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby Janeway on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:57 am

8)
phpBB [media]
Janeway

Postby RSMurphy on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:36 pm

I've just completed a 28-day inpatient rehab program for the abuse of crystal meth, and have begun a 90-day inpatient aftercare program. I guess the more I talk about it the easier it gets and the shame subsides...just a little bit. Goddamn this is difficult, especially because my addiction is all wrapped-up in a natural, biological expression of love and lust. I'll stop there. Glad to see the PRF is in full-effect and the Internet is still the Internet. For better or worse I was without outside interference for almost a month. Now that I'm connected again I need to quickly figure-out how to safely navigate it. Anyway, thanks for reading, and I am looking forward to seeing all of your beautiful faces this summer.
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby jimmy spako on Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:39 am

Love you, dude. You are brave. Keep on keeping on and pop back in soon.
Isabelle Gall wrote:'Do not go smoothly into that dark night'

the preterite
jimmy spako
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Boombats on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am

RSMurphy wrote:I've just completed a 28-day inpatient rehab program for the abuse of crystal meth, and have begun a 90-day inpatient aftercare program. I guess the more I talk about it the easier it gets and the shame subsides...just a little bit. Goddamn this is difficult, especially because my addiction is all wrapped-up in a natural, biological expression of love and lust. I'll stop there. Glad to see the PRF is in full-effect and the Internet is still the Internet. For better or worse I was without outside interference for almost a month. Now that I'm connected again I need to quickly figure-out how to safely navigate it. Anyway, thanks for reading, and I am looking forward to seeing all of your beautiful faces this summer.

Hey! Thanks for being open with us. You will be ok. Love yourself half as much as your friends love you and you will be ok. Hang on to the good and the natural parts and let the artificial feelings and components go. You will be ok.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Janeway on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:55 am

hey already 28 days behind you, no shame at all just find whatever healthy expressions of love and lust
Janeway

Postby a leg plaster on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:11 pm

I don’t know why but I bought a cheap 1992 Nissan NX2000 that needs some work that I have never done before, but am going to kind of force myself to learn. My small obsession with a couple early 1990s Nissans has taken a strange turn, and I really have no use for a second car.
(exaggeration)
a leg plaster
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby biscuitdough on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:40 pm

a leg plaster wrote:I don’t know why but I bought a cheap 1992 Nissan NX2000 that needs some work that I have never done before, but am going to kind of force myself to learn. My small obsession with a couple early 1990s Nissans has taken a strange turn, and I really have no use for a second car.

I loved my '92 NX1600. It was slow as hell, but it was just pleasant to be in.
biscuitdough
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard

Postby a leg plaster on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Haha! I was hoping someone here owned one of these little eggs at one point too. They’re like sister cars but (most? all?) 16s had a cooler (digital!) cluster and got better MPG while the 2000s had the Infiniti motor and bigger brakes, beefier suspension. Love them both, but the 2000 shares all under-hops parts with my ‘91 Sentra SE-R, so at the very least I’ll have a parts car.
phpBB [media]
(exaggeration)
a leg plaster

Postby Janeway on Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:26 am

so netflix has always been raciss about black entertainment television but hulu just put up every episode of living single and I’m just too happy about it to care like duh you streaming entertainment shmoes, these programs continually in syndication with dedicated viewing audiences were always a good business deal for you, just give us quality tv from the past that we’ve been craving instead of remaking fuckin full house into a frankstein of lame white nostaglia bs nobody cares about
Janeway

Postby Me Again on Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:27 am

Nothing Earth shattering, but...

Went biking through the pre-storm mist just now and there was a palpable cone of light shooting out of my handlebars. Looked... kinda cool!

Also saw a possum.
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
devil
devil

Postby ginger on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:46 am

Rats!
Fucking Rats!
I thought we sent them packing years ago now they are back.
Fuck
Rats!
ginger
walter mondale
walter mondale

Postby dontfeartheringo on Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:31 pm

Me Again wrote:Nothing Earth shattering, but...

Went biking through the pre-storm mist just now and there was a palpable cone of light shooting out of my handlebars. Looked... kinda cool!

Also saw a possum.

At night!

In the woods!

Alone!

On a bike!

This is my favorite thing, now. I went with four other people last night. They were Very Serious about Going Very Fast in the Dark, which seemed stupid to me. I shan't undertake this with them again, as it was not vibey nor reflective, just kind of macho and dumb. You can be macho in the woods, but you'll make it about you and not the woods, which is less fun.
tmidgett wrote:John Bonham has no competition. Literally none.
dontfeartheringo
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion