home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Ebay Selling Hassle

All your geeky questions about electronics, microphones, tape machines, etc.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Ebay Selling Hassle

Postby numberthirty on Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:20 pm

llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:
llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:Got an old Rickenbacker amp for a very fair price that is similar to a tweed Bassman, but it’s not working right. Passes sound, but intermittently makes a sound similar to disconnecting the guitar from the cable and touching the jack to something. The packing job is not the worst I’ve seen, but it was far from ideal. It was a box packed into another box with a thin layer of sheets of packing material around the amp. The tubes were placed inside the combo in a smaller box, but for some reason he left the 12ax7’s inside their shields, which seems weird.
Undecided whether or not to bring to a tech or just send the thing back to the seller. Return shipping will suck, since it’s a combo. Thinking I might as well bring it to a tech for the money. Hopefully it will be something dumb.
It wouldn’t come on at first, then somehow I got it working for a few minutes before the noise started. Don’t feel good about this. It did sound really good for a couple minutes.

Took it to a tech - he resoldered a couple connections and made one of the inputs higher gain - I got all fixed up for $50!

Nice. Now, it's all...

154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby elisha wiesner on Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:55 pm

I had a guitar listed for $750 obo. A guy made me a $650 offer, which is pretty fair for the guitar and I accepted. He just wrote to me asking if I could do $600 for it. This is a new one for me. Trying to knock the price down after buying but before paying for the guitar. Good grief.
elisha wiesner
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby yard barf on Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:18 pm

elisha wiesner wrote:I had a guitar listed for $750 obo. A guy made me a $650 offer, which is pretty fair for the guitar and I accepted. He just wrote to me asking if I could do $600 for it. This is a new one for me. Trying to knock the price down after buying but before paying for the guitar. Good grief.

Ridiculous. That would annoy the shit out of me.
yard barf
tired of birds
tired of birds

Postby andyman on Wed May 16, 2018 1:44 pm

Guy who bought my guitar and then secretly helped himself to a couple of my plectra: you are an asshole.
offal wrote:I just want to be able to play bitchin' single-stroke rolls before I die
andyman

Postby weezy on Wed May 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Reverb saves the day - sent an offer on a bass body, and it was accepted the next day, so I paid that day. Days go by without a shipping update and seller doesn't reply to any of my messages. 1 week later, same thing. Dude has 100+ more positive feedbacks than me so what gives? Eventually I had Reverb step in, so they got me my cash back without any fuss.
weezy
alexander alekhine
alexander alekhine

Postby Nate Dort on Wed May 16, 2018 2:07 pm

I sold a mic on May 1, shipped it May 2, and then the buyer wasn't available to sign for it during three delivery attempts. It's been sitting at a UPS warehouse for a week, and just this morning it looks like it's being returned to me. Haven't heard a peep from the seller.
Nate Dort
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby elisha wiesner on Wed May 16, 2018 2:24 pm

Nate Dort wrote:I sold a mic on May 1, shipped it May 2, and then the buyer wasn't available to sign for it during three delivery attempts. It's been sitting at a UPS warehouse for a week, and just this morning it looks like it's being returned to me. Haven't heard a peep from the seller.

About 6 months ago I sold a guitar on ebay and the same thing happened. It got returned to me. I contacted the buyer through ebay and their paypal email address but never heard anything. The guitar is sitting in my shop still in the box I shipped it in.
elisha wiesner

Postby gnangle on Wed May 16, 2018 8:40 pm

hahaha aw man i sold a bass to someone who asked for custom work, they got it and said they didnt like it,made up some bullshit about it and returned it. i refunded. they sent it to the wrong address and i never got it. they got it back and stopped replying to my emails, then all of the sudden it was relisted on ebay by the same guy! turns out a fm here ended up with it and knew it was my build! he contacted me for a setup on it and i was like totally baffled as to what to say! obviouslyi did it up for him and he was stoked, but i never got a fucking penny back for it. still gets me annoyed.
gnangle
took picture of naked guy
took picture of naked guy

Postby Redline on Thu May 17, 2018 2:02 pm

Drunk bidding + buyers remorse is a terrible thing.
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby chris jury on Thu May 17, 2018 2:15 pm

I have noticed a lot of dudes trolling for partial refunds lately. Had a guy complain that a baseball hat (a hat!) was shipped in an envelope rather than a box. It arrived 'smashed'- he was "refusing to open it until I get a refund" -So I offered him a return, and he'd get his $7 when I get it back. Needless to say it never showed.
No one is paying you to sit on that bed and cry.
chris jury
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby andyman on Thu May 17, 2018 4:11 pm

Redline wrote:Drunk bidding + buyers remorse is a terrible thing.

That's pretty much how I ended up with my Chris Jury Baritone and it was the best musical decision I ever made. These guys are fucking wimps.
offal wrote:I just want to be able to play bitchin' single-stroke rolls before I die
andyman

Postby elisha wiesner on Fri May 18, 2018 6:43 am

chris jury wrote:I have noticed a lot of dudes trolling for partial refunds lately. Had a guy complain that a baseball hat (a hat!) was shipped in an envelope rather than a box. It arrived 'smashed'- he was "refusing to open it until I get a refund" -So I offered him a return, and he'd get his $7 when I get it back. Needless to say it never showed.

Partial refund dudes drive me crazy. I do the same thing as you and just offer a full refund and that is usually the end of it.
elisha wiesner

Previous

Return to Tech Room