home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Ebay Selling Hassle

All your geeky questions about electronics, microphones, tape machines, etc.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Ebay Selling Hassle

Postby mmmribsmmm on Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:02 pm

The covers still have the original solder on them and I don't think I want to unsolder that. I'd rather leave it as a selling point for the auction. I just sold my 73 Ampeg VT-40 this morning and got 600 out of it.

I have an EGC on the way that is stuck somewhere in transit. The USPS has really gone to hell the past few years. That's really the only reason I'm selling all this crap.
http://steadystateskc.bandcamp.com/

"Get in the car, I'm from the future."
mmmribsmmm
"kick a ginger day" victim
"kick a ginger day" victim

Postby Redline on Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:12 pm

Those Norlin 3 pickup Les Pauls are great and bullet proof, you'll sell it.
Redline
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:24 am

I need to start finding boxes and packing material (peanuts/strong bubble wrap) for a big gear sell off. I’ve tried the thing where you ask guitar stores but they’ve always trashed them by the time I get there on the weekend.

I need boxes to ship 50 watt tube heads and pedals, mostly. Sources that won’t break the bank? Fedex/UPS are the worst place to buy these. UHaul is an ok option sometimes, but I seem to remember never quite getting the dimensions I need, ie the boxes that are big enough to fit an amp in are too big. I’ve checked on Amazon and the price for some of this stuff is alright, but I’m not sure how durable it is.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllll
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby elisha wiesner on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:56 am

Try posting in a local facebook gear page or just on facebook in general. You'd be surprised how many people have unwanted guitar boxes taking up space in their closets. The last time I was out of boxes, I made a post and had a pile in a few hours.
elisha wiesner
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby tallchris on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:49 am

I've found with heads & cabs I'm generally better off just cutting my own box out of cardboard. Just sold an Avatar 1x12, and I bubble wrapped it, taped a layer of cardboard around it, then folded in piece into the seems until it was mostly double boxed.
Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
tallchris

Postby yard barf on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:59 am

llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:I need to start finding boxes and packing material (peanuts/strong bubble wrap) for a big gear sell off. I’ve tried the thing where you ask guitar stores but they’ve always trashed them by the time I get there on the weekend.

I need boxes to ship 50 watt tube heads and pedals, mostly. Sources that won’t break the bank? Fedex/UPS are the worst place to buy these. UHaul is an ok option sometimes, but I seem to remember never quite getting the dimensions I need, ie the boxes that are big enough to fit an amp in are too big. I’ve checked on Amazon and the price for some of this stuff is alright, but I’m not sure how durable it is.

I've had a lot of luck dumpster diving behind places like Office Max or Target. Good boxes can be easily cut down to size, so you don't have to find a perfect fit.
yard barf
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby weezy on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:54 pm

yard barf wrote:
llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:I need to start finding boxes and packing material (peanuts/strong bubble wrap) for a big gear sell off. I’ve tried the thing where you ask guitar stores but they’ve always trashed them by the time I get there on the weekend.

I've had a lot of luck dumpster diving behind places like Office Max or Target. Good boxes can be easily cut down to size, so you don't have to find a perfect fit.

Liquor stores.
weezy
inman jackson
inman jackson

Postby curry pervert on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:08 pm

I've had luck with electrical stores and supermarkets for decent boxes.
caix wrote:Whoever said they started missing Clocker Bob after reading your dribble, I didn't get it at first. Now I totally get it. I am really missing Bob right now.
curry pervert
thomas paine
thomas paine

Previous

Return to Tech Room