home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

The Best Way to Ship Drums

All your geeky questions about electronics, microphones, tape machines, etc.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: The Best Way to Ship Drums

Postby yard barf on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:09 am

noise&light wrote:
mmmribsmmm wrote:...A couple years ago I bought a guitar and the sender set it up so I could pick it up personally at the UPS facility.

I forgot that you could make arrangements with UPS like that. Good to know for future eBay purchases.

FedEx is much better for this. You can always re-direct a package to be held at a FedEx facility for free. UPS usually charges you extra or won't allow it at all. Or worse, UPS sends you a message that the package has been re-directed to a UPS store, and then they still deliver it to the original address and dump it on the doorstep, despite it being a required signature. All of these examples have happened to me personally with UPS. Brown can fuck off. That's what they can do for me.
yard barf
tired of birds
tired of birds

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:51 am

If Fedex plans to hand off your package to the USPS, which they might not do for big packages, you don’t have the option to pick it up at the Fedex store. Couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t give me an option to pickup when Iast ordered something.

The one time I ever shipped anything via FedEx it fucking broke. It was a Fender Studio Bass combo - tube, with a 15” EV. Started belching out smoke when the guy plugged it in. Luckily they paid for a repair as I had the tech give it a once over shortly before I shipped it out.

UPS is ridiculously expensive to pack and ship. Sometimes I have to do it because of time concerns, but it sucks
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllll
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby bishopdante on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:42 pm

llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:UPS is

It's pronounced "oops".

phpBB [media]
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." - Bertrand Russell
bishopdante
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Previous

Return to Tech Room