Caca
38%
Coco
62%

Total votes : 63

Band: Faith No More

Postby Gramsci on Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:15 am

I searched, couldn't find.

Not crap from me, only because Angel Dust is a great record.

WF = high
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby Rimbaud III on Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:19 am

NOT CRAP by a hair's breadth.

They really didn't need those synths.
Rimbaud III
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Chapter Two on Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:24 am

Strange how a record that meant a lot at one point is now totally and utterly unlistenable. What the fuck was up with that voice on The Real Thing? But the first two albums are really great, and Angel Dust was great. I'm not so familiar with anything after that.

Not crap.
Chapter Two
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby Chapter Two on Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:26 am

shit - I voted caca by mistake! Sorry, I fucked up your poll! Bolox! :oops:
Chapter Two

Postby Gramsci on Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:42 am

Chapter Two wrote:shit - I voted caca by mistake! Sorry, I fucked up your poll! Bolox! :oops:

I don't think Mike would mind a caca vote.

Oh, and King for a Day, Fool for a Lifetime is a straight-up very good guitar record, guitarist from Mr Bungle, very few Synths.

Angel Dust is a very, very good pop record. That so much of it was play on MTV is fucked up, the lyrics are totally twisted.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby Champion Rabbit on Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:24 am

NOT CRAP until Chuck Mosley left, then PUREST CRAPOLA.
Going down the only road I've ever known.
Champion Rabbit
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby Rimbaud III on Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:32 am

Around the time of the release of Angel Dust they played the Old Trout in Windsor. This venue was TINY, and I scháát my pants at the prospect of being able to see them in what was essentially someone's living room. I was flatly refused a ticket by the owners of the venue, who were playing the 'there's no secret gig taking place here' card so they could fill the place with their mates.

Cock knockers.
Rimbaud III

Postby Champion Rabbit on Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:08 am

Rimbaud III wrote:the Old Trout in Windsor.

Saw some amazing gigs there; Monster Magnet being particularly bonkers...Screaming Trees, Codiene...fantastic venue.
Champion Rabbit

Postby Gramsci on Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:10 am

Rimbaud III wrote:Around the time of the release of Angel Dust they played the Old Trout in Windsor. This venue was TINY, and I scháát my pants at the prospect of being able to see them in what was essentially someone's living room. I was flatly refused a ticket by the owners of the venue, who were playing the 'there's no secret gig taking place here' card so they could fill the place with their mates.

Cock knockers.

They did a ton of that on the Angel Dust tour. In New Zealand they played in a small night club in Dunedin, and the Queenstown show... lets just say the name of the venue was "Barney's" that should give you an idea.

And Rabbit, Angel Dust is great, KFADFFAL is very good. Real Thing... shockingly bad.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby DrAwkward on Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:23 am

The only FNM record i don't like is We Care A Lot. KFADFFAL is my second-least fave, but i love specific songs on it. ALL the others are phenomenal (yes, even Introduce Yourself) and Angel Dust still ranks as my all-time favorite record to this day.

Scoff if you will.

Not crap.
Stinky Pete wrote:BDSM is a bit like Queens of the Stone Age in that it's basically fine to be into, but a bit worrying if you're obsessed with it.

Body Futures
IfIHadAHiFi
Martian Dance Invasion!
DrAwkward
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby Rimbaud III on Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:41 am

Champion Rabbit wrote:
Rimbaud III wrote:the Old Trout in Windsor.

Saw some amazing gigs there; Monster Magnet being particularly bonkers...Screaming Trees, Codiene...fantastic venue.

Sad that they closed it down. It's closure even made London TV news! From what I understand, a combination of a bad health and safety record and the Queen moaning about greasy longhairs got it torn down.

I still get a little misty-eyed at the thought of all the bands I MISSED there when I walk past what's there now.
Rimbaud III

Postby Champion Rabbit on Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:09 am

Rimbaud III wrote:I still get a little misty-eyed at the thought of all the bands I MISSED there when I walk past what's there now.

The night I watched Codeine playing there was the night that Windsor Castle burned down.

Rock-tastic!
Champion Rabbit

Postby diego on Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:23 am

What was Faith No More first singer's name????
Did they kick him out of the band because he was......let's say....totally shite!

Anyway, true that Angel Dust was an awesome record, although not sure if I'd enjoy listening to it now.
Damn I remember listening to "Crack Hitler" and getting high. Those were nice teenage evenings!!!!!!!!
diego
the white ho
the white ho

Postby Gramsci on Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:30 am

DrAwkward wrote:...Angel Dust still ranks as my all-time favorite record to this day.

Scoff if you will.

Not crap.

No scoffing from me, I just had a rediscovery of this one after no listening to it for around 5 years. It's fucking great record.

The funniest thing is just total strange the music is and how perverted lyrics are, considering the level of airplay they got on MTV at the time.

And in 1992 anything as weird as Angel Dust that meant they weren't playing More than Words was a good thing.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby atdarecook on Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:33 am

Their first lead singer's name was Chuck Mosley, and he was not shit(e). apparently, he was no so easy to get along with. But I really liked him, and saw him sing for Bad Brains not long after HR left. I was expecting CRAP and was pleasantly surprised. They did almost all of I Against I, and a lot of Rock for Light quite capably.

Faith No More: Not Crap (except The Real Thing)
atdarecook
party clown
party clown

Re: Band: Faith No More

Postby kerble on Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:38 am

Gramsci wrote:I searched, couldn't find.

DONE.
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby DrAwkward on Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:02 pm

A minor quibble, but Chuck Mosley wasn't their first singer, just the first to record with them.

Courtney Love is a former singer of Faith No More, if you can believe that.
Stinky Pete wrote:BDSM is a bit like Queens of the Stone Age in that it's basically fine to be into, but a bit worrying if you're obsessed with it.

Body Futures
IfIHadAHiFi
Martian Dance Invasion!
DrAwkward
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby Gramsci on Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:05 pm

DrAwkward wrote:A minor quibble, but Chuck Mosley wasn't their first singer, just the first to record with them.

Courtney Love is a former singer of Faith No More, if you can believe that.

Countney Love is ugly, in so many ways... even I wouldn't have sex with her. Just awful...
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby gretz on Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:09 pm

i Must say NOT CRAP.
The chuck mosely stuff is just weird. Good stuff.
Angel Dust and King For A Day a brilliant (the latter having one of the best guitar sounds on a record period)
Real Thing is better than people give it credit for.

One of the strangest bands to get as big as they did.

Not Crap
gretz
novitiate
novitiate

Postby DrAwkward on Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:24 pm

Gramsci wrote:Countney Love is ugly, in so many ways... even I wouldn't have sex with her. Just awful...

I enjoy thinking about what it must have been like to have her in a band with a bunch of freaks like Jim Martin and Roddy Bottum.

Courtney: "Jim, please for to have the sexing with me."

Jim: "Look, lady, i don't get much looking like this, but i still have standards."

Courtney: "Roddy, please for to have the sexing with me."

Roddy: "Uh, i'm gay, and and besides, i wouldn't touch you with Jim's dick."

Courtney: "Well crap, how am i supposed to get any of these guys to write my future band's albums for me? Nuts to this--i quit."

Body Futures
IfIHadAHiFi
Martian Dance Invasion!
DrAwkward
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap