home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Band: Hot Snakes

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Hot Snakes

CRAP
10
7%
NOT CRAP
141
93%
 
Total votes : 151

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby tallchris on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:59 pm

FYI, Hot Snakes are playing at the Empty Bottle on Saturday, September 13th, the day before their Riot Fest show. Tickets on sale now:

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEv ... 5395&pl=eb
Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
User avatar
tallchris
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8423
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 7:50 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby atomjackfuser on Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:13 pm

Vinyl is back in print.

Image
User avatar
atomjackfuser
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants
 
Posts: 1311
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:37 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby J. Burns on Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:46 pm

I wonder if they've gotten/are getting new lacquers for Automatic Midnight made. One of the few records that legitimately sounds better on CD than on vinyl.
mrcancelled wrote:Calm down, The Melvins. Don't try and be a hero.



POLICE TEETH: Gone fishin'. Be back soon!
SEMINARS: "Pricks Die Young" full-length out now
User avatar
J. Burns
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4394
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby tallchris on Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:04 pm

J. Burns wrote:I wonder if they've gotten/are getting new lacquers for Automatic Midnight made. One of the few records that legitimately sounds better on CD than on vinyl.


Seriously, my copy of Automatic sounds terrible, and the label was printed on the run out groove on both sides. I have to jump up immiediately after "Let It Come" finishes or else the needle will jump right onto the label.
Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
User avatar
tallchris
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8423
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 7:50 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby holmes on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:29 am

Two rubbish guitarists, bad songs, bad singer. They literally have nothing going for them. Very sloppy live with extremely long gaps between songs. All comically ugly. American. Bad guitar tones. Delay pedals.
Here comes another load of joy
User avatar
holmes
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
 
Posts: 2653
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:43 pm
Location: Sneakin' out tha hospital

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby Andrew. on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:10 pm

holmes wrote:Two rubbish guitarists, bad songs, bad singer. They literally have nothing going for them. Very sloppy live with extremely long gaps between songs. All comically ugly. American. Bad guitar tones. Delay pedals.


Apparently there's Pearl Jam people and Hot Snakes people.
User avatar
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6172
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 11:02 pm

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby tallchris on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:21 pm

Andrew. wrote:
holmes wrote:Two rubbish guitarists, bad songs, bad singer. They literally have nothing going for them. Very sloppy live with extremely long gaps between songs. All comically ugly. American. Bad guitar tones. Delay pedals.


Apparently there's Pearl Jam people and Hot Snakes people.


I think FM holmes is "taking the piss" or "eating the bag of crisps" or "eating with bad teeth" or whatever they say over there.
Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
User avatar
tallchris
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8423
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 7:50 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby Andrew. on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:47 pm

Heh. I totally missed the joke!
User avatar
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6172
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 11:02 pm

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby honeyisfunny on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:03 pm

holmes wrote:Two rubbish guitarists, bad songs, bad singer. They literally have nothing going for them. Very sloppy live with extremely long gaps between songs. All comically ugly. American. Bad guitar tones. Delay pedals.


I see every single part of this description as a huge plus point. Apart from maybe being American.
chris jury wrote:"blistering walls of questionable tone"
User avatar
honeyisfunny
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:24 pm
Location: Nottingham, England

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby atomjackfuser on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:43 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Sorry. What was that again?
User avatar
atomjackfuser
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants
 
Posts: 1311
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:37 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby The Canadian on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:33 pm

According to John Reis they have recorded new songs.
Band: http://practicewife.bandcamp.com/

BadComrade wrote: I bet James went in the bathroom and cried
User avatar
The Canadian
President, Canadian Chapter
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 3:59 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby Evanc521 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:46 pm

The Canadian wrote:According to John Reis they have recorded new songs.


Yes!
User avatar
Evanc521
francis bacon
francis bacon
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:31 am
Location: Portland, ME

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby AnthonyCinder on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:32 pm

The Canadian wrote:According to John Reis they have recorded new songs.


Link or it didn't happen.
How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelette? - George Carlin

https://cindercone.bandcamp.com/
User avatar
AnthonyCinder
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
 
Posts: 2742
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 3:01 pm
Location: skull

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby holmes on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:34 pm

tallchris wrote:
Andrew. wrote:
holmes wrote:Two rubbish guitarists, bad songs, bad singer. They literally have nothing going for them. Very sloppy live with extremely long gaps between songs. All comically ugly. American. Bad guitar tones. Delay pedals.


Apparently there's Pearl Jam people and Hot Snakes people.


I think FM holmes is "taking the piss" or "eating the bag of crisps" or "eating with bad teeth" or whatever they say over there.


Yes, I must say that I find it a little disturbing that this was taken seriously. Apart from the fact that they are actually American, every other one of the descriptive statements is just an undeniable lie. Oh well. :|
Here comes another load of joy
User avatar
holmes
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
 
Posts: 2653
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:43 pm
Location: Sneakin' out tha hospital

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby numberthirty on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:24 am

holmes wrote:Yes, I must say that I find it a little disturbing that this was taken seriously. Apart from the fact that they are actually American, every other one of the descriptive statements is just an undeniable lie. Oh well. :|


"Delay pedals" was where I -

Image
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
User avatar
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 19405
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:28 am

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby atomjackfuser on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:14 am

"Dry" humor flies over my head when it's presented in written form.
User avatar
atomjackfuser
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants
 
Posts: 1311
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:37 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby Henry Dark on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:30 pm

The Canadian wrote:According to John Reis they have recorded new songs.


Are you referring to the song they recorded for some upcoming San Diego compilation? Or are you talking about a new album?

By the way, it was mentioned in the surf rock and Blind Shake threads, but Reis just released an instrumental surf album, backed by the Blind Shake. Killer album, garagy surfy stuff with some of those melancholic melodies that Reis seems to have a patent on (which he obviously bought from Greg Sage). http://modernsurfclassics.com
Henry Dark
troll
troll
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:40 pm

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby cneutron on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:30 pm

Henry Dark wrote:
The Canadian wrote:According to John Reis they have recorded new songs.


Are you referring to the song they recorded for some upcoming San Diego compilation? Or are you talking about a new album?

By the way, it was mentioned in the surf rock and Blind Shake threads, but Reis just released an instrumental surf album, backed by the Blind Shake. Killer album, garagy surfy stuff with some of those melancholic melodies that Reis seems to have a patent on (which he obviously bought from Greg Sage). http://modernsurfclassics.com


slayed live too, for what it is worth.
"If you wanna make this DIY shit go, you gotta fucking step up." -Russell Emerson Hall
Conan Neutron & the Secret Friends = Music band: Neutron/Ash/Crover.
Protonic Reversal = Radio Show/Podcast
Radio NOPE = 24/7 Kickass tunes/talk
User avatar
cneutron
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4059
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:33 pm
Location: Oakland, CA

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby agiant on Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:54 pm

cneutron wrote:
Henry Dark wrote:
The Canadian wrote:According to John Reis they have recorded new songs.


Are you referring to the song they recorded for some upcoming San Diego compilation? Or are you talking about a new album?

By the way, it was mentioned in the surf rock and Blind Shake threads, but Reis just released an instrumental surf album, backed by the Blind Shake. Killer album, garagy surfy stuff with some of those melancholic melodies that Reis seems to have a patent on (which he obviously bought from Greg Sage). http://modernsurfclassics.com


slayed live too, for what it is worth.


This new record is terrific!
blah
User avatar
agiant
curly neal
curly neal
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:44 am
Location: Madrid

Re: Band: Hot Snakes

Postby AnthonyCinder on Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:57 pm

AnthonyCinder wrote:
The Canadian wrote:According to John Reis they have recorded new songs.


Link or it didn't happen.


Wait, so all we're talking about is this surf record? To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement. Snakes or die.
How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelette? - George Carlin

https://cindercone.bandcamp.com/
User avatar
AnthonyCinder
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
 
Posts: 2742
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 3:01 pm
Location: skull

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tbone and 9 guests