home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

radio personality: rush limbaugh

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

rush?

rush, rush i can feel you! i can feel you all through me!
3%
crap
87%
find him entertaining but don't necessarily agree with his politics
2%
find him entertaining but despise his politics
7%

Total votes : 86

Postby Heliotropic on Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:14 am

NerblyBear wrote:
steve wrote: Any gun is pretty much as good as any other for gunsmanship. And gunning.

What about water guns? Their only danger: that a wet t-shirt will reveal nips. And that's the sort of danger I'm willing to risk.

Those large high pressure ones will have to go, though.
Heliotropic
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard

Postby lemur68 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:27 am

Heliotropic wrote:
NerblyBear wrote:
steve wrote: Any gun is pretty much as good as any other for gunsmanship. And gunning.

What about water guns? Their only danger: that a wet t-shirt will reveal nips. And that's the sort of danger I'm willing to risk.

Those large high pressure ones will have to go, though.

http://oozinator.ytmnsfw.com/?667a4f771 ... abf5e5ab29
lemur68
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby matthew on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:35 am

steve wrote:
Kenoki wrote:just that i agree left-left-liberals are, mostly, fucking wrong. and you are acting as a perfect example.

Like we were wrong about slavery, about abolition, about woman's suffrage, about prohibition, about children in the workforce, about minimum wage, about fascism, about civil rights, about Apartheid, about the Vietnam war, about the current war...

Wait, we are not wrong. We are almost never wrong. Fuck you for saying we "mostly fucking wrong." Fuck you for ignoring the obvious.

Apples and oranges, Mr. Albini. You're mixing all these complicated issues together and in the end saying nothing at all. Talk about massive oversimplification. Whew. I'm really restraining my commentary here also.

I will say this about the minimum wage since it's a timely issue: bullshit. Labor is a commodity.....where there is work to be done, there is a market for persons to do that work. It is as simple as that. So therefore the minimum wage ought to be truly minimum: $0.00 per hour.

Oh yeah, for the sake of the thread: Rush Limbaugh is OK. He says a lot of good things and knows alot of facts. But I don't recommend listening to him everyday, or even often. He's intellectually.............lacking in many respects.
matthew
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby NerblyBear on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:41 am

matthew wrote: I'm intellectually.............lacking in many respects.
NerblyBear
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby NerblyBear on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:42 am

Matty, isn't it time for bed? It's the grown-ups' time to talk now.

That's a good boy. Time for beddy-bye
Last edited by NerblyBear on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
NerblyBear

Postby nihil on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:48 am

matthew wrote:
Oh yeah, for the sake of the thread: Rush Limbaugh is OK. He says a lot of good things and knows alot of facts. But I don't recommend listening to him everyday, or even often. He's intellectually.............lacking in many respects.

Ok, I get it now.
nihil
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby clocker bob on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:56 am

matthew wrote:I will say this about the minimum wage since it's a timely issue: bullshit. Labor is a commodity.....where there is work to be done, there is a market for persons to do that work. It is as simple as that. So therefore the minimum wage ought to be truly minimum: $0.00 per hour.

We had that system once. A really big war broke out.

matthew wrote:Oh yeah, for the sake of the thread: Rush Limbaugh is OK. He says a lot of good things and knows alot of facts. But I don't recommend listening to him everyday, or even often. He's intellectually.............lacking in many respects.

Are you too intellectually lacking in many respects to understand that you contradicted yourself about five different ways in that paragraph?
clocker bob

Postby Minotaur029 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:44 am

NerblyBear wrote:Matty, isn't it time for bed? It's the grown-ups' time to talk now.

That's a good boy. Time for beddy-bye

Hey, don't be a prick.

Gun control is silly. If you wanna kill somebody with a gun, you'll get one to do it with one way or another. Guns are just too ingrained in American society for them to ever make a miraculous exit.

Most gun owners are responsible...maybe bob can call me out on that with some statistics proving me wrong (perhaps in addition to stats that "prove" that guns also caused 9/11), but if people want their guns...well...just let me have my pot...that seems more than fair.

Guns are barbaric though...legal or not. They're inherently awful.
Minotaur029
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby steve on Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:54 am

matthew wrote:Apples and oranges, Mr. Albini. You're mixing all these complicated issues together and in the end saying nothing at all.

What I'm saying is that the left/liberal/progressive position on all these issues was proven right by history. We hold the decent, humane, compassionate, generous, charitable, honorable position virtually every time.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electricalaudio dot com
Quicumque quattuor feles possidet insanus est.
steve
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Brinkman on Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:02 am

matthew wrote:I will say this about the minimum wage since it's a timely issue: bullshit. Labor is a commodity.....where there is work to be done, there is a market for persons to do that work. It is as simple as that. So therefore the minimum wage ought to be truly minimum: $0.00 per hour.

OOPS! I stumbled across this looking for intelligent, compassionate discourse.

My mistake,
Jesus Fucking Christ
Brinkman
first class
first class

Postby bassdriver on Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:07 am

bassdriver
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby Eierdiebe on Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:21 am

woooooo-cheeeeee-beeeee!
Eierdiebe
saw big cat
saw big cat

Postby clocker bob on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:08 am

steve wrote:
matthew wrote:Apples and oranges, Mr. Albini. You're mixing all these complicated issues together and in the end saying nothing at all.

What I'm saying is that the left/liberal/progressive position on all these issues was proven right by history. We hold the decent, humane, compassionate, generous, charitable, honorable position virtually every time.

You're never going to sell him on your side using adjectives like those- he's a Christian. A laissez faire trickle down Christian. Maybe because they are simple folks who trust in the beneficence of an unknowable God, they are easy marks to be sold on the egalitarianism of unregulated capitalism.

Whenever skeptics ask for proof of God, they say "have faith- he will show himself to us when we behave better". Whenever skeptics ask for proof of the supremacy of unchecked greed as the market's best leveller, they say "wait, it will triumph when people behave better".
Last edited by clocker bob on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
clocker bob

Postby mr.arrison on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:40 am

Cmon, matthew. That's just mean (and easy to say given that you come from what I presume is a skilled, white, educated, and not-poor upbringing). Conversely, if you think there should be no regulation on wages from the federal government (which it sounds like from reading your many posts) then I guess we just don't pay corporate CEO's enough, do we? And greed, it's good, right? How is this mindset Christian?? Please explain.

This is the same dross that Rush Limbaugh spouts. Selfish, self serving "Christianity" caked in mean-spirited greed and hypocrisy. Would Jesus behave like that? Really?
mr.arrison

Postby rzs on Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:02 am

Minotaur029 wrote:

Gun control is silly. If you wanna kill somebody with a gun, you'll get one to do it with one way or another.

Ok, Charlton.

Obviously, you can't stop real criminals from getting guns, but some level of gun control could hopefully stop the type of heat of the moment killings that the proximity to guns exacerbates.
For example, road rage murders. I'm sure that guy wouldn't have murdered someone in front of Wrigley Field a couple of years ago in a traffic dispute if he hadn't been traveling with a gun. Yeah, he must have been really mad, but I doubt if there were no gun available that he would have beaten them to death with a baseball bat or stabbed them to death or anything.
For example, domestic disputes. People kill their partners in domestic disputes often and not always with guns, but I'm sure that some of these would be avoided if there were no guns in the house at the time. Again, I doubt if all of these circumstances would have ended in a death by strangulation or whatever.

A total ban isn't necessary. Hunting, etc. is fine. But if guns are harder to obtain, maybe every random idiot won't have them and allow themselves the possiblilty to make terrible heat of the moment decisions.
Rotten Tanx wrote: every time I watch Die Hard (6am and 8pm, mon to sat)...
rzs
boris becker
boris becker

Postby rzs on Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:07 am

mr.arrison wrote:

That's just mean (and easy to say given that you come from what I presume is a skilled, white, educated, and not-poor upbringing).

How is this mindset Christian?? Please explain.

Selfish, self serving "Christianity" caked in mean-spirited greed and hypocrisy. Would Jesus behave like that? Really?

clocker bob wrote:
We had that system once. A really big war broke out.
Rotten Tanx wrote: every time I watch Die Hard (6am and 8pm, mon to sat)...
rzs
boris becker
boris becker

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:04 pm

That's great, matthew, you sick asshole, that's really great. In all seriousness, if Jesus were alive today, he might hate you and try to fuck up your house with a stick.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllll
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby vockins on Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:45 pm

DregsInTheCrowd wrote:
vockins wrote:
steve wrote:The problem isn't that guns are unsafe

No, that's the problem. Guns are unsafe. By design. That's the whole idea of the gun. Unsafety to the extreme.

Unsafety to the extreme? How about this: I have a pretty average kitchen. In the wrong hands (or the middle ages) it would be a treacherous dungeon. I have a car. In the wrong hands, it is a top notch people/squirrel flattener. I have a garage full of motor oil, propane, cleaning products, styrofoam, and a rake. In the wrong hands, it is a bomb/rake-attack factory.

The primary purpose of a kitchen is to prepare food. The primary purpose of a car is to transport people and goods. The primary purpose of a garage is for storage and maintenance of vehicles.

The primary purpose of a gun is to inflict trauma. That is the most important consideration when they are being designed and when they are being purchased. In the wrong hands, it is an extremely effective for inflicting trauma or threatening to inflict trauma. In the right hands, it is an effective tool for inflicting trauma or threatening to inflict trauma. There is no misuse when a gun is used in a suicide, a robbery, or a homicide. The gun is the perfect tool for the situation.

The firearms that are exceptions to this rule (target rifles and pistols) are such an insignificant portion of total firearm market that they can be excluded from this discussion.

DregsInTheCrowd wrote:And assholes who want to commit crimes will find ways to get them, regardless of what the law states.

Framing the discussion in regards to those who are commiting crimes ignores the multiple ways guns are used kill and harm people in the United States. The number of deaths due to improper storage & handling, domestic violence, road rage, revenge, suicide are significant.
Last edited by vockins on Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vockins
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby matthew on Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:57 pm

I think some of you folks are missing the point here. I am certainly not saying that employers ought not to compensate people for work in some instances what with setting the minimum wage at $0.00. After all, no one in their right mind would take a job which offered a wage or salary of nil. I'm merely saying that the market ought to decide how much or how little labor costs, because that is...once again...simply how the world works. The price of anything is ultimately determined by supply and demand (or at least the perception thereof), and labor is no exception. Ask anyone who owns a business.
matthew

Postby NerblyBear on Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:10 pm

matthew wrote:I think some of you folks are missing the point here. I am certainly not saying that employers ought not to compensate people for work in some instances what with setting the minimum wage at $0.00. After all, no one in their right mind would take a job which offered a wage or salary of nil. I'm merely saying that the market ought to decide how much or how little labor costs, because that is...once again...simply how the world works. The price of anything is ultimately determined by supply and demand (or at least the perception thereof), and labor is no exception. Ask anyone who owns a business.

No one in his right mind would CHOOSE TO take a job that pays 6 bucks an hour, given a free choice. The problem is that I might have no choice. Maybe I dropped out of high school, say.

Now you want to come along and take away the minimum wage altogether. It's already too low for a working family to survive on. You want to be able to pay employees 3 bucks an hour instead of 6.

Your reasoning: "Hey, I'm not forcing them to take the job! And what business is it of mine if my employees can't feed their families? The only thing I need to be concerned about is the bottom line--one word: PROFITS."

And you call yourself a Christian? Aren't you supposed to care about the poor?
NerblyBear

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap