White Drugs.

CRAP.
81%
NOT CRAP.
19%

Total votes : 134

Re: Illicit Substance: Cocaine

Postby etch on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:25 pm

The first time you do coke you fall in love, everything and everyone is fabulous. It's never like that again, even that same very night.

Like Ringo said, it's a drug that's sole purpose is just to do more of that drug. While you're on it, you can guzzle a case of beer easily even though it tastes like ham and you can't feel your throat.

I did the drug a few times and luckily got out of it quickly. I did some one night and hallucinated Gomer Pyle in 3D on a tv set and that was the end for me. The heart palpitations and not being able to sleep made it unbearable.

Unfortunately I lived in a house with my band and they hadn't decided to give it up yet and they knew of my disdain for the drug. This led to the hide in the bathroom and do coke surreptitiously routine, thinking I didn't know they were doing it. That's one of the worst feelings: the only guy not doing cocaine at the cocaine party.

I did ecstasy a couple of times and I know that drug is probably fucked as well but I thought that it was superior to coke and had similar effects without the downsides.

I should add that I haven't indulged in drugs or alcohol since 1996, not for any other reason but that I was worried I would kill myself.
etch
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby jimmy two hands on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:58 pm

This is one of the few drugs I've never done. Everyone I've ever known who was a coke-head was an obnoxious bastard. Also this was the drug of choice for 80's businessmen if I am to believe tv and movies. I would prefer to be neither of these.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Boombats on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:11 pm

I always thought it was weird when punks did coke.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby kokorodoko on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:19 pm

Crap

Never tried it, but from the stories I've heard and the two or three people I've met who were on it I've drawn the conclusion that it turns you into a complete dick, and I could do without something like that. After reading the effects detailed in this thread I'm even less inclined.
Janeway wrote:those cat-food-for-lunch-deserving motherfuckers 8)
kokorodoko
satan
satan

Postby The MayorofRockNRoll on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Decidedly not a fan.

It was all over Austin when I lived there, but I was able to avoid it, even though people got all taken aback and said shit like, "what are you, a narc?" when I'd turn down a bump.

I thought I should at least try it. I did it in Chicago, with people who I'd known in Austin, so that was kinda fitting. I'd done speed and meth a couple of times before, in Kansas City, because I'd had friends who were into it, so being on a stimulant was really nothing new. But I've never been a fan.

I'd only done it a coupla more times, last couple of times were under these sort of weird, coercive circumstances. Once was with a fucked up acting teacher, who lured me into the photo booth at Skylark and got kinda high drama when I at first said I wouldn't, so I did the line just to keep her from throwing a tantrum. She hit on me later, was rebuffed, started crying, still rebuffed, texted me the next day, apologizing and asking if we could keep the previous night's drama between us. Sure, fine, whatever.

Time after that was in the men's room at Estelle's, acquaintance of mine, had his friend hold the bathroom door closed while the key was passed, knew if I didn't partake tould would get ugly.

So, yeah, there's the drug and the people on it, and the way you're looked at if you're not, like who the fuck are you to not do it?
I am a weird recluse only here for sex.

PRF Short Fiction Challenge

The staff weren't giving me the things I needed to do my job effectively and give the kids their money's worth...it wasn't too hard considering the concert was only $5
The MayorofRockNRoll
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby ERawk on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:38 pm

You want a surefire way to never want to try cocaine? Live with a cokehead in your late teens.

CRAP
You guys don't mind that I crash your little sausage party, right?

SecondEdition wrote:And also, just for the record - you have the best sig ever.

I was in a band with a cunt.
ERawk
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby warmowski on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:15 pm

In high school, I noticed that everybody I knew who was into coke was a jock, a dipshit, or a jock dipshit.

In college, I noticed that everybody I knew who was into heroin was a sketchy asshole or dead.

Somehow, I've never wondered what awesome things I passed up by not once taking these.

Thank you, eyes and ears!

-r
warmowski
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby andyman on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:33 pm

ERawk wrote:You want a surefire way to never want to try cocaine? Live with a cokehead in your late teens.

CRAP

Allow me
andyman

Postby ERawk on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:41 pm

andyman wrote:
ERawk wrote:You want a surefire way to never want to try cocaine? Live with a cokehead in your late teens.

CRAP

Allow me

I didn't have it that bad but I almost took her to small claims court for $400 she owed me on the phone bill.

ERawk
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby circle_ruler on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:48 am

ERawk wrote:
andyman wrote:

CRAP

Allow me

I didn't have it that bad but I almost took her to small claims court for $400 she owed me on the phone bill.

on that basis never live with the French coz a bastard called Benoit still owes £300
Dudley wrote:Are we "meant" to wear trousers? Are we "meant" to sit in metal tubes that travel 30,000 feet above the earth?
circle_ruler
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby brisket on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:46 am

My dad always said, "Don't get into coke. It'll turn you into a dickhead."

From what I've seen, he's right. The only people I know who are into it are real dicks.

What I'm not sure of is whether this is because of the coke, or because the only people who have both the income and the connections for a coke habit are likely to be horrible people anyway, ie having their drugs paid for by their parents like everything else and looking down on you for not knowing where to get more of their shitty drugs from. Yeah, I don't take cocaine cos I can't afford it, fuckface. And meeting you has just made it even less attractive than it already was.
brisket
johnny moss
johnny moss

Postby ERawk on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:17 am

circle_ruler wrote:
ERawk wrote:
andyman wrote:

CRAP

Allow me

on that basis never live with the French coz a bastard called Benoit still owes £300

I have enough of a sample size being around other cokeheads that it confirms my belief that it's an instant asshole drug. She turned out to be an insufferable "kool klub kid" on top of that.

I have known people that I'm friends with partake. The reason I'm still friends with them is that I've never seen them on coke.

ERawk
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby A Totem Pole on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:34 pm

///
Last edited by A Totem Pole on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Totem Pole
took picture of naked guy
took picture of naked guy

Postby Throwaway on Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:33 am

Not crap. As with most drugs, its value is determined by how you use it. You can use it wisely and to your advantage, or you can be reckless and abuse it just like people abuse all other manner of drugs.
Throwaway
comrade
comrade

Postby Rimbaud III on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:54 am

FUCK ME MY FUCKING TOMATOES ARE FUCKING BRILLIANT YOU SHOULD REALLY TRY THEM YOU FUCKING SHOULD YOU KNOW.

Bolivia's illegal coca becomes compost rather than cocaine

Government plans to dry up drug traffickers' coca harvests by turning seized plants into industrial-scale fertiliser

As a stimulant in humans its properties are well known. Less well documented are the powers of the coca leaf to perk up the average plant.

But now the authorities in Bolivia are experimenting with turning illegal coca harvests into organic fertiliser, and they say the results look promising.

Every year Bolivia confiscates almost 700 tonnes of illegal coca from drug traffickers. The government's coca director, Luis Cutipa, believes that turning this excess into fertiliser will deprive criminals of their raw material for making cocaine, much of which goes to Brazil and on to Europe. He is optimistic that compost made from coca can be made on an industrial scale.

Seized coca is held in warehouses and government buildings, and even in Cutipa's office. Outside La Paz, in a coca-growing region of the Yungas forest, Lucio Copa is working on the pilot project, testing the compost on coca bushes. He says vegetables and fruit trees should also do well with this fertiliser.

Miguel Callisaya, head of the project, claims the coca leaves, when mixed with household rubbish, tree leaves and chicken manure, are the best in world. "It is high in nutrients. It's of better quality than earthworm compost."

Plants seem to thrive on the fertiliser; where it was made, weeds are growing larger and taller than in a neighbouring field.

But the project could do little to resolve Bolivia's growing drug problem.

Kathryn Ledebur, director of the Andean Information Network, a Bolivian NGO, says that though the coca compost campaign is laudable it will have little impact on Bolivia's anti-drugs effort, the success of which relies far more on demand in the west than on supply at home.
Rimbaud III
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby cneutron on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:56 am

CRAP
NO :WF:
Not rebellious, not cool, not a good idea.
I absolutely don't like anything about it.

It always bums me out when people associate this drug with good times/rock and roll.
The two are mutually exclusive to me.

Then again, most of these folks probably haven't seen the dark side of addiction first hand.

I will give a shout out to the song Snowblind and the live intro of:
"This song is called snowblind, and you all know what that's fuckin' about!"
That is hilarious.

the drug is dumb, and you are supporting some seriously lame shit by doing it. Go take some locally made organic drugs instead.
"If you wanna make this DIY shit go, you gotta fucking step up." -Russell Emerson Hall
Conan Neutron & the Secret Friends = Music band: Neutron/Ash/Crover.
Protonic Reversal = Radio Show/Podcast
Radio NOPE = 24/7 Kickass tunes/talk
cneutron

Postby enframed on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:20 pm

Steve V. wrote:The only thing wrong with cocaine is that it's not in front of my fucking face at all times for free/cheap.

Ha.
As for cokeheads, yeah, they are assholes, but I bet they'd be assholes without coke, too. I knew plenty of recreational users who were not assholes.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Dovey on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 pm

The one time I tried it (21st birthday) I had a decent enough time, but just like everyone else I've also seen it turn enough nice enough people into total cocksockets so overall, a CRAP. I'd still do it again if given the opportunity though.
Mason wrote:What 2014 needs less of is branding.
Dovey
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby GrantMcNeilly on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:07 am

In the last few years my best friend has become a hopeless cocaine addict. In addition to his alcoholism and his penchant for cigarettes and his occasional speed intake I think he's pretty much determined to kill himself, even though I know that some people are like Keith Richards and indestructible. The cocaine is the most recent thing and it's hit him pretty bad.

Should I be preparing myself for the worst with my friend? I mean, he's pretty determined never to get help, to the point where he won't talk to anyone about it. What can someone do?
TheMilford wrote: We're talking about TV here, not a Slint record or Albert Camus....
GrantMcNeilly
dr. j
dr. j

Postby circle_ruler on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:18 am

just finished a glorious weekend imbibing the Latvian Laughing Powder and had a great time. however, i now think it should be legalalised but prospective consumers should have to pass written and oral examinations to ascertain their fitness for the drug.

there should also be provision in law to make it legal to shoot any wankers that slip through the net who subsequently annoy people with their "look at me! i'm allowed to be moronic and boorish because i've got coke. let me shout at you for half an hour while i hide what little consideration i have for other people beneath a sand-dune of expensive powder! did i tell you i have coke! i won't share it! nangnangnang!" attitude.

any typos are entirely refelctive of my current state of toxication.

shit. there's another one. i think i'll go outside.
Dudley wrote:Are we "meant" to wear trousers? Are we "meant" to sit in metal tubes that travel 30,000 feet above the earth?
circle_ruler
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap