White Drugs.

CRAP.
81%
NOT CRAP.
19%

Total votes : 134

Re: Illicit Substance: Cocaine

Postby ldopa_chicago on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:03 pm

Fuck cocaine. Fuck people on it, people trying to score it, people snorting it off my fucking toilet tank, and fucking skeezy coke dealers.

Total crap/0 WF
jimmy two hands wrote:Jam econo for fuck's sake.

I play guitar and act tougher than I am in Fake Limbs.
I played bass in Burn Permits.
ldopa_chicago
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby rgauss on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:20 pm

It's a key ingredient of the speedball. How can that be crap? How?
rgauss
robert rauschenberg
robert rauschenberg

Postby dontfeartheringo on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:02 am

A Totem Pole wrote:As for my opinion on the drug, I don't know. I've never done enough of it. I did a couple lines for my 21st birthday last year and did a few lines of what was apparently fishscale over the summer, but I've always just felt like I needed more to get where I was supposed to be.

No, you pretty much got it, right there. The thing is that it often filled me with a sensation that something fairly special and cool was just about to happen, and that thing was....

that me and my friend(s) were going to do more cocaine.

Which would make us feel like something fairly special and cool was about to happen, and that thing was...

that me and my friend(s) were going to do more cocaine.

Which would make us feel.... repeat until drugs are gone.

Because we were special and cool. And had cocaine.

I'm not saying it's NECESSARILY bad, just that cocaine is one of the blue button monkey drugs. I think blue button monkey drugs can be a real drag once the aperture through which you see the world narrows down to just the big blue button.

DUDE, KNOCK! It's a PUBLIC restroom.
tmidgett wrote:John Bonham has no competition. Literally none.
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby circle_ruler on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:31 am

funny thing. gave up the tobacco a bit before Xmas and sought alternative means of delivering dope to my brain. tobacco substitutes for doobies and bongs worked well enough.

my supply of the goodies is intermittent and i found myself buying some legal high off a mate who reckoned he preferred it to regular dope. his recommendation was good enough for me. tried it and it worked. definitely got me off my face. but i haven't bothered since the first time because it doesn't smell and taste anything like regular dope. made me realise just how much the pleasure of smoking is bound up with things other than simply feeling high.

just mentioned that because of Patrick's post above and the allure of the ritual. that's why doobs will always beat bongs for me - the construction process and the passing round is an integral part of the ritual which i associate with getting stoned.

now will someone please send me their unwanted coke? one of you haters has to have a "never again" wrap stashed somewhere. or did you give it to the local orphans?
Dudley wrote:Are we "meant" to wear trousers? Are we "meant" to sit in metal tubes that travel 30,000 feet above the earth?
circle_ruler
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby dontfeartheringo on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:43 am

Rhod, I love you.

But right now you have just suggested the concept of 'leftover cocaine.'

And that's some funny shit. Right there. Yep.

No one does cocaine. You realize that, right?

It works like this:

do you do cocaine?
no.

I have some.

YOU DO???

And then you both (or three) do cocaine until it's gone. Then you go back to not doing cocaine any more, since it's horrible stuff, who would do it? Destroys creativity, it's evil... The devil's dandruff, and all that, etc.

Until someone who fancies you says "I have some" again.
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby lemur68 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:30 am

circle_ruler wrote:it was some time in the mid 90s and me, bro and a man called Geoffrey Winton who now lives in Wrexham pooled our meagre income support and bought some coke. i'd never had it before and it was a massive, massive treat.

we went to our dealer and got the goodies. due to police activity my duty as the copilot was to put the little paper wraps "somewhere personal" so in the event of a search bro wouldn't be in the firing line - he'd been lucky to get away with a caution on a previous occasion. so i stuffed the wraps down my socks and forgot about them...

... and went fishing.

the true consequences of this didn't become apparent until we, in a state of eager anticipation, disinterred the wraps later that evening. i had been wearing wellingtons on the beach and inevitably a small amount of water had overtopped them thus rendering my socks quite damp. i think i was the first to realise the implications as i rooted around for the soggy bundles and my look of horror was soon mirrored on my bro's and Geoffrey Winton's face.

briefly i was the possessor of possibly the most valuable pair of socks in Wales, if not the world. what remained of the coke was handed over to my colleagues as i forwent my share other than one little bit rubbed on my gums (snorting was out of the question, you'll understand). i did briefly consider sucking on my socks but they were unappetising to say the least.

that, motherfuckers, is why i want some coke. let me be the judge of whether it's shit or not. and as for the problems associated with heavy usage, i dream of having a job capable of delivering the necessary cash and would use it only for good things in any case.

This is like Trainspotting, if it took place in Wales instead of Scotland and was about blow instead of smack.
big_dave wrote:This is just about finding a dorky selfie on his blogspot?

Jesus, this is the Space Ace by Don Bluth of internet intrigue.
lemur68
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Antero on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:56 am

The more people who don't think coke is crap talk about it, the crappier it seems.
Is you crazy baby, I gots to grind
Antero
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby Trad on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:20 am

dontfeartheringo wrote:Rhod, I love you.

But right now you have just suggested the concept of 'leftover cocaine.'

And that's some funny shit. Right there. Yep.

No one does cocaine. You realize that, right?

It works like this:

do you do cocaine?
no.

I have some.

YOU DO???

And then you both (or three) do cocaine until it's gone. Then you go back to not doing cocaine any more, since it's horrible stuff, who would do it? Destroys creativity, it's evil... The devil's dandruff, and all that, etc.

Until someone who fancies you says "I have some" again.

I had the same thought. Who has left over coke? Such a greenhorne.
Trad
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby ImDADA on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:55 pm

Crap for the social and environmental impacts from cocaine growers in South America.
Blue.
ImDADA
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby dontfeartheringo on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:03 pm

Antero wrote:The more people who don't think coke is crap talk about it, the crappier it seems.

Make no mistake- I am not advocating cocaine use. I lost more to blow than I'd care to tabulate here. I'm just trying to put the real experience out there in as honest a terms as I can without the sort of moralizing that most folks resort to when they talk about drugs.

It's a repetitive drug that is the very apex of compulsive behavior. It'll make you paranoid and impotent in high enough doses. It also gives you a head of steel when it comes to drinking alcohol, so you can drink yourself to death more easily than you'd think.

It has a unique ability to spackle in the gaps one perceives in one's self-image, making the things that bug you the most about yourself vanish into the rearview mirror for a little while. I think that's maybe part of the compulsion to keep doing it, because as you hit the down side of the arc of the cocaine high, you can feel your paunch, bad haircut, questionable taste and your inarticulateness in conversations with teh ladeez coming roaring back up on you. The fact that it makes your insecurities and self-reservation vanish and that it's also a stimulant is the one-two punch that makes people on cocaine so arrogant and verbose at the same time. The really gross thing is when people do enough of it that they've really put their self-reservation behind lock and key. Unfortunately, then they often start choosing external signifiers of how special they are, so everyone will know it. See: Noel Gallagher's floor-length fur coat.

It also has the charming effect of making insecure persons of the opposite gender feel less insecure and fucked up, and one of the unfortunate tricks of the animal brain is that we are associative and superstitious about things we are sufficiently emotionally inarticulate about. In short, the guy with coke makes the insecure and complicated ladies feel special and uncomplicated. That gets ugly fast. #winning.
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby etch on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:25 pm

The first time you do coke you fall in love, everything and everyone is fabulous. It's never like that again, even that same very night.

Like Ringo said, it's a drug that's sole purpose is just to do more of that drug. While you're on it, you can guzzle a case of beer easily even though it tastes like ham and you can't feel your throat.

I did the drug a few times and luckily got out of it quickly. I did some one night and hallucinated Gomer Pyle in 3D on a tv set and that was the end for me. The heart palpitations and not being able to sleep made it unbearable.

Unfortunately I lived in a house with my band and they hadn't decided to give it up yet and they knew of my disdain for the drug. This led to the hide in the bathroom and do coke surreptitiously routine, thinking I didn't know they were doing it. That's one of the worst feelings: the only guy not doing cocaine at the cocaine party.

I did ecstasy a couple of times and I know that drug is probably fucked as well but I thought that it was superior to coke and had similar effects without the downsides.

I should add that I haven't indulged in drugs or alcohol since 1996, not for any other reason but that I was worried I would kill myself.
etch
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby jimmy two hands on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:58 pm

This is one of the few drugs I've never done. Everyone I've ever known who was a coke-head was an obnoxious bastard. Also this was the drug of choice for 80's businessmen if I am to believe tv and movies. I would prefer to be neither of these.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Boombats on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:11 pm

I always thought it was weird when punks did coke.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby kokorodoko on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:19 pm

Crap

Never tried it, but from the stories I've heard and the two or three people I've met who were on it I've drawn the conclusion that it turns you into a complete dick, and I could do without something like that. After reading the effects detailed in this thread I'm even less inclined.
Janeway wrote:those cat-food-for-lunch-deserving motherfuckers 8)
kokorodoko
meadowlark lemon
meadowlark lemon

Postby The MayorofRockNRoll on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Decidedly not a fan.

It was all over Austin when I lived there, but I was able to avoid it, even though people got all taken aback and said shit like, "what are you, a narc?" when I'd turn down a bump.

I thought I should at least try it. I did it in Chicago, with people who I'd known in Austin, so that was kinda fitting. I'd done speed and meth a couple of times before, in Kansas City, because I'd had friends who were into it, so being on a stimulant was really nothing new. But I've never been a fan.

I'd only done it a coupla more times, last couple of times were under these sort of weird, coercive circumstances. Once was with a fucked up acting teacher, who lured me into the photo booth at Skylark and got kinda high drama when I at first said I wouldn't, so I did the line just to keep her from throwing a tantrum. She hit on me later, was rebuffed, started crying, still rebuffed, texted me the next day, apologizing and asking if we could keep the previous night's drama between us. Sure, fine, whatever.

Time after that was in the men's room at Estelle's, acquaintance of mine, had his friend hold the bathroom door closed while the key was passed, knew if I didn't partake tould would get ugly.

So, yeah, there's the drug and the people on it, and the way you're looked at if you're not, like who the fuck are you to not do it?
I am a weird recluse only here for sex.

PRF Short Fiction Challenge

The staff weren't giving me the things I needed to do my job effectively and give the kids their money's worth...it wasn't too hard considering the concert was only $5
The MayorofRockNRoll
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby ERawk on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:38 pm

You want a surefire way to never want to try cocaine? Live with a cokehead in your late teens.

CRAP
You guys don't mind that I crash your little sausage party, right?

SecondEdition wrote:And also, just for the record - you have the best sig ever.

I was in a band with a cunt.
ERawk
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby warmowski on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:15 pm

In high school, I noticed that everybody I knew who was into coke was a jock, a dipshit, or a jock dipshit.

In college, I noticed that everybody I knew who was into heroin was a sketchy asshole or dead.

Somehow, I've never wondered what awesome things I passed up by not once taking these.

Thank you, eyes and ears!

-r
warmowski

Postby andyman on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:33 pm

ERawk wrote:You want a surefire way to never want to try cocaine? Live with a cokehead in your late teens.

CRAP

Allow me
andyman

Postby ERawk on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:41 pm

andyman wrote:
ERawk wrote:You want a surefire way to never want to try cocaine? Live with a cokehead in your late teens.

CRAP

Allow me

I didn't have it that bad but I almost took her to small claims court for $400 she owed me on the phone bill.
You guys don't mind that I crash your little sausage party, right?

SecondEdition wrote:And also, just for the record - you have the best sig ever.

I was in a band with a cunt.
ERawk
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby circle_ruler on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:48 am

ERawk wrote:
andyman wrote:

CRAP

Allow me

I didn't have it that bad but I almost took her to small claims court for $400 she owed me on the phone bill.

on that basis never live with the French coz a bastard called Benoit still owes £300
Dudley wrote:Are we "meant" to wear trousers? Are we "meant" to sit in metal tubes that travel 30,000 feet above the earth?
circle_ruler
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap