Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Band: Motley Crue

CRAP
70%
NOT CRAP
30%

Total votes : 93

Postby Adam CR on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:46 pm

Purely for replacing Nikki Sixx when he died with an imposter (or did they? or...did they?!) in a Dynasty/Dallas-stylee I'm voting NOT CRAP.

NOT CRAP.
On a steel horse I ride.
Adam CR
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby horsewhip on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:55 pm

horsewhip wrote:Crap. I mean, being into Motorhead and Slayer is one thing, but Motley Crue? Give me a fucking break! Who's the next poll on? Trixter? Winger? Enuff Z'Nuff?

Okay. So Motley Crue is the mid-80's bantam-metal equivalent to Bright Eyes. Mindless, lowest common denominator headbangin' fodder designed to make teenage girls moist. This band is crap. I can't even give them an ironic thumbs up.

I have friends who try to tell me that "Too Fast For Love" is a "really cool, raw, rock'n'roll record." Bullshit. it sucks. That record is some of the wimpiest, limp-dick, underproduced, weak-guitar-tone-havin' CRAP I've ever heard. Seriously. It makes Warrant look like Cannibal Corpse.

"Shout At The Devil" is halfway decent...the same way that KISS's best records are halfway-decent...at best.

Nikki Sixx doesn't even like "Theater of Pain" or "Girls Girls Girls." That's because those records are CRAP!

"Dr. Feelgood" is a third-decent, the same way that "Shout At The Devil" is half-decent...i.e. it's STILL CRAP.

Their last few records have all been crap.

Motley Crue is fucking CRAP. CRAP CRAP CRAP. Seriously. Pile on some irony, and they're STILL CRAP.

Go listen to some real rock. Motley Crue is merely a stones throw away from Def Leppard, dawg.

Wow. So much vitriol. Did I really write this?

Oh yeah, I did. Because Motley Crue are CRAP.
horsewhip
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby Christopher_Dragon on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:57 pm

horsewhip wrote:Who's the next poll on? Trixter? Winger? Enuff Z'Nuff?

I remember there were polls about these bands for a brief period of time before someone had to go and delete them.
I also remember the existence of said polls to be your fault.
Bradley R. Weissenberger wrote:Shin guards for all!
Christopher_Dragon
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby hiredgeek on Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:42 pm

took a pooh once that sounded like nikki sixx's bass, it also looked like mick mars. i guess the crue are crap.
myspace.com/trackandfieldrecording
http://www.myspace.com/monsonia
hiredgeek
boris badenov
boris badenov

Rue the Demise of the Crue

Postby SM57 on Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:54 pm

NOT CRAP!!!

Guitar tone on TOO FAST FOR LOVE sounds like a cross between mid-years Don Cab and backing track for 9th season of ALL MY CHILDREN.

Rawk for the ages.
SM57
cannon fodder
cannon fodder

Postby horsewhip on Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:38 pm

Christopher_Dragon wrote:I also remember the existence of said polls to be your fault.

Bullshit. I am beyond reproach.
horsewhip
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby Gramsci on Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:49 pm

Crap, but a guilty pleasure.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby DrAwkward on Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:51 pm

NOT CRAP.

Fuck you all.
Stinky Pete wrote:BDSM is a bit like Queens of the Stone Age in that it's basically fine to be into, but a bit worrying if you're obsessed with it.

Body Futures
IfIHadAHiFi
Martian Dance Invasion!
DrAwkward
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby Chapter Two on Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:01 pm

Terrible.
Chapter Two
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby Limmo on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:14 pm

Absolute fucking garbage. Four cretins who should be lured behind a dumpster with the promise of cheap drugs and then summarily executed.

I have about ten of their songs on my iPod.
Limmo
casio
casio

Postby RSMurphy on Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:10 pm

Between the years of 1983-1988 I was an unapologetic Motley Crue fan. See?

I would constantly get into heated debates defending Motley Crue. I remember once playing "God Bless the Children of the Beast" for my dad and his friends. My dad tried to tell me that Mick Mars was playing an electric piano. I got into a huge argument with him and his buddy that lasted for a good part of the night.

The hat that I'm wearing in the picture? That hat was on my head 24/7, with the exception of school, (private schools don't cotton much to means of expression).

The first time T-bone's drum-riser went ninety degrees? I learned that drum solo.

Without drugs or alcohol I would listen to "On With the Show" over and over again with tears rising.

My friends all believed something was wrong with me.

It was my destiny to meet them. I had previosuly met Tommy twice via working for a friend at the National Association of Music Merchants conventions. Oh, I met everyone: Bruce Kulick, Eric Carr, Vinnie Vincent, Eddie Van Halen, Billy Sheehan, Steve Vai, etc., etc. Winning backstage passes and an autographed Dr. Feelgood Kramer guitar from a radio contest I entered (WVVX 103.1 FM), was the peak of my fandom. It was all downhill from there.

Right now I can look back and laugh heartily at my foolishness. I mean, seriously, I was over-the-top ridiculous. I wouldn't change any of it if I could, though. It was so much fun, and, to this day, I still believe that Too Fast For Love on Leathur Records is one of the rawest sounding glam-rock records ever. Shout at the Devil is also a fine album. The guitar riff on "Too Young to Fall in Love" is awesome.

My vote? For all of my dedication, devotion, and passion for what ultimately turned-out to be a silly band, I cannot vote crap, chumps. Too much of my formative years were spent trying to find/finding something worthwhile in their music. I was a teenager! What do you expect?

Not Crap
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Antero on Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:39 pm

Fuck you and your ironic hair metal.
Is you crazy baby, I gots to grind
Antero
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby Kyle Motor on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:03 am

The Leathur Too Fast For Love sounds a lot better than the Elektra version.

Those skanky-looking chicks knew how to rock.

NOT CRAP.
That dog won't hunt, monsignor.
zom-zom wrote:Fuck you loser pussies that hate KISS.

Go listen to your beard-nerd aluminum guitar shit. See if I care.
Kyle Motor
has seen it all
has seen it all

Postby Ty Webb on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:05 am

Gramsci wrote:Crap, but a guilty pleasure.

Indeed. Aside from the Sex Pistols, they're my favorite band who can't actually play.

Uh oh....
Clueless in Chicago wrote:I'm going to stop following this thread. A bunch of D&D geeks in a basement somewhere in Oklahomma with their nuts tied around their thighs...
Ty Webb
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby Christopher_Dragon on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:27 am

Antero wrote:Fuck you and your ironic hair metal.

Just so you know, ironic and hair metal really don't belong in the same sentence as one another.
Bradley R. Weissenberger wrote:Shin guards for all!
Christopher_Dragon

Postby sunlore on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:28 am

Would you believe I have never heard a Motley Crue song?

Because it's true. Never, not once, have I heard a Motley Crue song.
sunlore
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby Brett Eugene Ralph on Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:56 pm

It should be clear by now that I have a considerable soft spot for dumb rock music. There was a time when this good will extended to the first Motley Crue record. Before this foolhardy magnanimity evaporated virtually overnight (at around the same time I stopped smoking marijuana), I memorialized it by having my mother sew a Motley Crue patch over the hole where I'd split my jeans. At various points throughout this "lost weekend," I would lean back, spread my legs, and say, "Hey, Steve...." When he turned around, I'd point at my crotch and tell him to "shout at the devil."

You'll have to ask Steve whether or not this qualified as crap, but the band Motley Crue is undoubtedly crap.
Brett Eugene Ralph
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby yaledelay on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:14 am

tmidgett wrote:
Listen to them play! They cannot! They cannot play!

tommy lee is an awful drummer. just terrible. completely devoid of groove.

somewhere DR AKAs head is exploding right now...
yaledelay
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby Kyle Motor on Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:49 pm

I was listening to a local classic rock station the other day, and they played "Girls Girls Girls". When the song was over, the DJ was talking about the spoken part in the middle, where Vince & Tommy are (audibly) oggling strippers.

The DJ said that he and another DJ were gonna start a Motley Crue tribute band called "What Vince, Where?!?"
That dog won't hunt, monsignor.
zom-zom wrote:Fuck you loser pussies that hate KISS.

Go listen to your beard-nerd aluminum guitar shit. See if I care.
Kyle Motor
has seen it all
has seen it all

Postby DrAwkward on Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:53 pm

Kyle Motor wrote:The DJ said that he and another DJ were gonna start a Motley Crue tribute band called "What Vince, Where?!?"

It would escalate from clever to genius if they spent part of their set re-contextualizing their own name by playing songs off the self-titled record that John Corabi sung on.
Stinky Pete wrote:BDSM is a bit like Queens of the Stone Age in that it's basically fine to be into, but a bit worrying if you're obsessed with it.

Body Futures
IfIHadAHiFi
Martian Dance Invasion!
DrAwkward
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap