AnthonyVillalobos
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Re: Band: Chrome

Postby Marsupialized on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:16 pm

The unreleased album is awesome
Marsupialized
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Postby robert thefamilyghost on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:59 pm

There should be more talk about the new old stuff, because it's so fucking good.
placeholder wrote:I'm in The Family Ghost. I don't like mentioning my band by name too much because I feel cheesy doing it.
robert thefamilyghost
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby connor on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:35 am

robert thefamilyghost wrote:There should be more talk about the new old stuff, because it's so fucking good.

I can't find anywhere that says "order here." How do y'all have it?
deep.BTUz wrote:I'm into girls, physical fitness and real estate.

Ya'know actual accomplishments.
connor

Postby zom-zom on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:24 am

So the current Chrome bassist played with Nektar last night, who were incredibly great.

He's a stellar bassist.. really great.
zom-zom
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby robert thefamilyghost on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:35 am

connor wrote:I can't find anywhere that says "order here." How do y'all have it?

The download came with part of my pledge (physical copies aren't out yet). You're still able to pledge over on the right side. The $10 pledge will get you the download, it also comes with the cd (and probably most of the other pledge choices).
placeholder wrote:I'm in The Family Ghost. I don't like mentioning my band by name too much because I feel cheesy doing it.
robert thefamilyghost
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby Raa on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:15 pm

They recently added FLAC too if you're into lossless. It is a seriously great record.
Raa
duke ellington
duke ellington

Postby connor on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:25 pm

robert thefamilyghost wrote:
connor wrote:I can't find anywhere that says "order here." How do y'all have it?

The download came with part of my pledge (physical copies aren't out yet). You're still able to pledge over on the right side. The $10 pledge will get you the download, it also comes with the cd (and probably most of the other pledge choices).

Oh shit this is fucking awesome.

This was stuff they thought wasn't good enough?!
deep.BTUz wrote:I'm into girls, physical fitness and real estate.

Ya'know actual accomplishments.
connor

Postby 154 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:07 pm

Finally picked up Half Machine From the Sun over the weekend. Some of it sounds like leftovers, but other songs are better than the stuff that ended up on the albums. This track in particular is great:

phpBB [media]

Postby placeholder on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:13 pm

Man, I listened to a bunch of Chrome at the gym last night and thought about bumping this thread. I love this band so much.

You know what rules? "March of the Chrome Police" into "You've Been Duplicated." You know what else rules? Read Only Memory.

And that video for "Meet You in the Subway" might be the coolest video ever made. I love it. The BART system looks awesome.

Still waiting for my copy of Half Machine from the Sun. I guess it's supposed to ship out within the week. I haven't listened to the download because I want to save it for when I get a hard copy.

NOT CRAP!!
placeholder

Postby 154 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:22 pm

placeholder wrote:You know what rules? "March of the Chrome Police" into "You've Been Duplicated." You know what else rules? Read Only Memory.

And that video for "Meet You in the Subway" might be the coolest video ever made. I love it. The BART system looks awesome.

Damn, then you could be one of 5 people who might appreciate this live Halloween set from last year.
Last edited by 154 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Angus Jung on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:23 pm

placeholder wrote:And that video for "Meet You in the Subway" might be the coolest video ever made. I love it. The BART system looks awesome.

The BART system opened to the public in the mid-70s (it was brand new at the time of the Chrome video).

Some of the stations still have that great 70s-future look to them.
Angus Jung
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby placeholder on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:32 pm

154 wrote:
placeholder wrote:You know what rules? "March of the Chrome Police" into "You've Been Duplicated." You know what else rules? Read Only Memory.

Damn, then you could be one of 5 people who might appreciate this live Halloween set from last year.

Believe it or not, I have watched this set a few times! And it is completely awesome! Are you singing and playing guitar here? Because all I knew is that it was PRF dudes. That's some serious guitar filling the guitar, bass, and synth parts. And the drumming is dead on.

Angus Jung wrote:
placeholder wrote:And that video for "Meet You in the Subway" might be the coolest video ever made. I love it. The BART system looks awesome.

The BART system opened to the public in the mid-70s (it was brand new at the time of the Chrome video).

Some of the stations still have that great 70s-future look to them.

I am crazy about that kind of thing!
placeholder

Postby 154 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:11 pm

placeholder wrote:Believe it or not, I have watched this set a few times! And it is completely awesome! Are you singing and playing guitar here? Because all I knew is that it was PRF dudes. That's some serious guitar filling the guitar, bass, and synth parts. And the drumming is dead on.

Yes it is, and thanks! Some songs could have benefited from more preparation and an extra set of hands, though they are pretty impossible to truly recreate anyway. I have a feeling if Helios and Damon would have played live more often, they would have used amp-splitting guitar effects and a drum trigger pad, too.

Postby Gibbs on Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:09 am

What's the best way to go about getting Chrome releases on CD (mostly looking for first 5 or so albums)? I was recently given the Cleopatra box set but was dismayed to find that it is far from comprehensive due missing tracks on every disc.
Gibbs
party clown
party clown

Postby placeholder on Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:18 pm

I think the only CD version of The Visitation is a long-out-of-print one on Dossier.

You can probably still get Alien Soundtracks and Half Machine Lip Moves on a single CD from Touch and Go.

You can get Red Exposure and Blood on the Moon as individual CDs from Cleopatra. This is probably the way to go, even though I don't encourage anyone to buy from that label. The spine of the Cleopatra Red Exposure CD is mislabeled Retro Transmission, which irritates me to no end.

It's worth tracking down the long-out-of-print Dossier CD of No Humans Allowed. It has the entire Read Only Memory single (both forwards and backwards), which is maybe the best thing Chrome did.

I hope this helps!
Last edited by placeholder on Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
placeholder

Postby Gibbs on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:35 pm

placeholder wrote:I think the only CD version of The Visitation is a long out-of-print one on Dossier.

You can probably still get Alien Soundtracks and Half Machine Lip Moves on a single CD from Touch and Go.

You can get Red Exposure and Blood on the Moon as individual CDs from Cleopatra. This is probably the way to go, even though I don't encourage anyone to buy from that label. The spine of the Cleopatra Red Exposure CD is mislabeled Retro Transmission, which irritates me to no end.

It's worth tracking down the long-out-of-print Dossier CD of No Humans Allowed. It has the entire Read Only Memory single (both forwards and backwards), which is maybe the best thing Chrome did.

I hope this helps!

Sweet. Thanks for the pointers.

Is this the version of No Humans Allowed I'm looking for? http://www.discogs.com/Chrome-No-Humans-Allowed/release/102288
Gibbs
party clown
party clown

Postby placeholder on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:49 pm

Gibbs wrote:Is this the version of No Humans Allowed I'm looking for? http://www.discogs.com/Chrome-No-Humans-Allowed/release/102288

That's the one!
placeholder

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap