Postby Hiwatt on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:09 pm

I see someone voted not crap. Do tell.
I <3 meat hod.
Hiwatt
has seen it all
has seen it all

Re: Website: okcupid.com

Postby ERawk on Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:30 pm

When I used to be on AIM frequently, some jackass kid named Silkboxxerz2004 (I only remember the name because it was that retarded) could have sworn that he had hit me up on OKCupid. I never had a profile there so the first time he contacted me, I politely told him that he was mistaken and I wasn't the person he was looking for.

He then proceeded to contact me, telling me he would pleasure my body if I came up to "Mad-Town" and partied with his homies. I then started replying with "I don't cares" and "so what's" and "you're boring". Still didn't deter the moron.

I think the last time he contacted me on AIM I told him that I was really a transgendered male and I was sorry I didn't come forward beforehand.

He stopped contacting me after that.

I voted Ooh, the pain because that dude was a pain in the ass.

The PRF somehow ended up as my matchmaker, teehee.
You guys don't mind that I crash your little sausage party, right?

SecondEdition wrote:And also, just for the record - you have the best sig ever.

I was in a band with a cunt.
ERawk
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby lemur68 on Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:37 pm

ERawk wrote:When I used to be on AIM frequently, some jackass kid named Silkboxxerz2004 (I only remember the name because it was that retarded) could have sworn that he had hit me up on OKCupid. I never had a profile there so the first time he contacted me, I politely told him that he was mistaken and I wasn't the person he was looking for.

He then proceeded to contact me, telling me he would pleasure my body if I came up to "Mad-Town" and partied with his homies. I then started replying with "I don't cares" and "so what's" and "you're boring". Still didn't deter the moron.

I think the last time he contacted me on AIM I told him that I was really a transgendered male and I was sorry I didn't come forward beforehand.

Aww, Silkboxxerz2004 just wants to be loved.

big_dave wrote:This is just about finding a dorky selfie on his blogspot?

Jesus, this is the Space Ace by Don Bluth of internet intrigue.
lemur68
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Hiwatt on Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:39 pm

ERawk wrote:When I used to be on AIM frequently, some jackass kid named Silkboxxerz2004 (I only remember the name because it was that retarded) could have sworn that he had hit me up on OKCupid. I never had a profile there so the first time he contacted me, I politely told him that he was mistaken and I wasn't the person he was looking for.

:lol: Golden...
I <3 meat hod.
Hiwatt
has seen it all
has seen it all

Postby Marsupialized on Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:48 pm

Marsupialized

Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Postby ergo space pig on Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:58 am

given how socially incapable I am of meeting other people and how much I deviate from traditional gender norms, online dating seems like a pretty attractive option. I've never done it, but I'm not old enough/don't live in a large city. I also don't know how okcupid matches up to other sites.

That said, there's absolutely nothing inherently wrong with it. Creepy people and bad experiences come with every place. I believe this kind of site can work very well for people who don't have a lot of other options. Not Crap.
ergo space pig
"kick a ginger day" victim
"kick a ginger day" victim

Postby illfuckanythingthatmoves on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:12 am

Dude! I love this place! I've only been on there for like 5 days, but I think it's sweet. Guys spend all day sending you emails about how beautiful, smart, and talented you are. It totally gives a great burst to your ego! I loves it. Never gonna give it up.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/ketilly
"Shake it fast, but watch yourself. Shake it fast. Show me what you're working with."

-Mystical
illfuckanythingthatmoves
amir vahedi
amir vahedi

Postby Marsupialized on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:14 am

How can I get that ad to go to my actual email?
I seriously wanna meet a chick that would reply to that.
Marsupialized

Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Postby Germ War on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:52 am

I used this site once four years ago and met a really, really awesome girl who I dated for a summer fling before she went back to school in New York. I signed up again this past July, talked to a bunch of people, and eventually wound up meeting my new girlfriend on there.

In general, I don't really like online dating all that much, but I can't deny that I make a better impression once you've had the opportunity to get to know me a bit, so this allowed me to be out there and let some people come to me. I appreciate that. Plus, it's free, and there were several cool girls out there. I give this a not crap.
Germ War
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby SecondEdition on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:33 am

I don't know, I feel like I'd resort to online dating if I was at an all-time low...

though, you know, I'd probably end up getting laid at some point.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

In the someday, what's that sound.

CS. PC. MM.
SecondEdition

Postby Jujyfruits on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:49 am

I know people who actually gets laid with this site. Not that I'm planning on using this CRAP site or recommending it to you people, but I'm really surprised it works.
Rick Reuben wrote:Don't be a dope and don't insinuate that Reuben doesn't tip, because Reuben tips like a king.
Jujyfruits
gus hansen
gus hansen

Postby enframed on Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:04 pm

Marsupialized wrote:Hardy har har

http://www.okcupid.com/profile?u=Marsupialized

i don't respond to profiles without photos.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed

Postby RSMurphy on Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:36 pm

SecondEdition wrote:I don't know, I feel like I'd resort to online dating if I was at an all-time low...

Explain yourself, Cassanova.
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Heliotropic on Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:48 pm

Damn, what a bitch.
Heliotropic
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard

Postby The MayorofRockNRoll on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:04 pm

Back when I had a myspace page I hooked up w/ a coupla girls on there. It kinda led to some hard feelings, because I was in the process of getting broke up with by my then gfnd and wanted to stay single. These girls I'd been with were looking for relationships. One girl was particularly hellbent on making a boyfriend out of me and was pissed when it didn't happen.

So, in order to avoid the possibility of being an asshole, I avoid the online shite for the most part.

I now have friends who are trying to friend me on facebook, though I refuse to sign on. I hope they understand.

Social networking sites- nah. There are a few people who's radar I'd like to stay off of, to some extent.

PRF, you are the exception because...jus cuz.
Last edited by The MayorofRockNRoll on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a weird recluse only here for sex.

PRF Short Fiction Challenge

The staff weren't giving me the things I needed to do my job effectively and give the kids their money's worth...it wasn't too hard considering the concert was only $5
The MayorofRockNRoll
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby SecondEdition on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:23 pm

H-GM wrote:
SecondEdition wrote:I don't know, I feel like I'd resort to online dating if I was at an all-time low...

I'd rather meet someone without meeting them through an online dating site, that's all.

Change "all-time low" to "particularly desperate."
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

In the someday, what's that sound.

CS. PC. MM.
SecondEdition

Postby ERawk on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:49 pm

Heliotropic wrote:Damn, what a bitch.

And you wonder why you can't get laid.
You guys don't mind that I crash your little sausage party, right?

SecondEdition wrote:And also, just for the record - you have the best sig ever.

I was in a band with a cunt.
ERawk
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby RSMurphy on Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:16 pm

SecondEdition wrote:I'd rather meet someone without meeting them through an online dating site, that's all.

Online dating can be fun when it works. For me it doesn't work, but I'm hoping it will turn out to be fun. I think one needs to experience the total package that is Randall rather than a digitized form of myself.

I'm voting crap on OKCupid because it doesn't work for me. At first I was onlly getting hit-up by bi-dudes and poly-bi-dudes. When I stressed that I'm not an asshole I rarely got hit-up at all. Made one friend, but was looking for something a bit more.

OKCupid is crap
Online Dating is not crap

I'll also vote crap on Nerve.

I wear black on the outside / cause black is how I feel on the inside
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby DrAwkward on Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:26 pm

SecondEdition wrote:
H-GM wrote:

I'd rather meet someone without meeting them through an online dating site, that's all.

Change "all-time low" to "particularly desperate."

What about just plain meeting someone online? The ex i was with for five years initially messaged me through PMs on a message board like this one, we got to talking about common interests, and within the week we met and were dating. I really don't know how an online dating site is much different, other than the fact that they're set up for that expressed purpose.

Not Crap on OKCupid because the tests are stupid fun and i'm messaged a couple cute girls on it. I've never started dating anyone as a result of OKC, but if i did, i'm sure we'd share a good laugh about how funny it was that we met there and then not kvetch about it too much.
Stinky Pete wrote:BDSM is a bit like Queens of the Stone Age in that it's basically fine to be into, but a bit worrying if you're obsessed with it.

Body Futures
IfIHadAHiFi
Martian Dance Invasion!
DrAwkward
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap